Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How old would you date?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

When I was 32 I was involved in a quick, passionate, and slightly volatile relationship with an extremely attractive 51 year old woman. It was sensational at the start - she was extremely passionate, highly intelligent, and the love making was absolutely sensational.

However it quickly became apparent why she had been divorced twice. An extremely volatile woman whose temper outside the bedroom was soon matched by her kinks within it. I didn't want to arrive home some day and find out that one of my beloved cats was boiling in a saucepan on the stove.

The breakup was actually surprisingly easy, and I've since stuck to partners who are 5-10 years younger than me.

I think that more has to do with the person rather than the age! Sounds bat crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

lucalux wrote: »
    I know one guy who seriously considered breaking up with his (13 years younger than him) girlfriend, because her sex drive was too high :o

Was in stitches with the stories of one lad and his Italian ex, she would be ready to pounce as soon as he came in the door. Would want to do it everywhere in public and all areas of the house like cramped cupboards. He couldn't keep up and ended it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭lucalux

Mimon wrote: »
    Was in stitches with the stories of one lad and his Italian ex, she would be ready to pounce as soon as he came in the door. Would want to do it everywhere in public and all areas of the house like cramped cupboards. He couldn't keep up and ended it :D

Cramped cupboards.. oh holy god Biddy :)

Well hellooooooo ; )

DemandingFlimsyArthropods-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Celine Dion and her now late husband. 12 too - never sat well with me that.

I didn’t know that. :eek: I thought she was at least of age when they met. Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

10 years either way seems to be the acceptable norm in society.
    But I think it has to be said that while many would view a 40 year old dating a 20 year old as weird officially. Unofficially there is a lot who would if they could.

Many a rich man has someone quite younger hanging out of them.
    Jerry Seinfeld at age 38 dated a 17 year old. Even Elvis Presley, the king himself first met Priscilla when she was only 14! Now that's mental.

I didn’t know that. :eek: I thought she was at least of age when they met. Puke.

I think it's ok but I can see how it feels yucky. Just because they met when she was 12 doesn't mean anything negative about him. When she became an adult they probably grew close and fell in love. Their relationship looked very genuine, well as much as a complete strangers can.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I'm 32 and I think I would probably prefer someone from age 36 up to 45 max. I've met very handsome 50 year olds that looked better than a lot of men my age, but I know it's not the norm.

I did meet my husband at 19 when he was 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Well hellooooooo ; )

Kathleen we need to know your age 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Does "date" imply more than just committing unspeakable acts upon each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. Met her when she was 12, they got together when she was 18. He was 30ish when they got together. Ew.

I actually know one couple who are married now for years but she babysat him from birth. It has never not been weird in my mind no matter how I try to arrange it. Though they get on very well and are solid.
    As for dating, if I was, I would not go for much younger guys - there is just a big mental and emotional difference. 40 - 50 ish is fine. I wouldn't want to be minding them when they are doddery either!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. Met her when she was 12, they got together when she was 18. He was 30ish when they got together. Ew.
    thats a bit wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

A friend of mine left her abusive boyfriend recently (both 30) Brilliant I thought. About five minutes later she was in a relationship again with a man in his 60s.

Do some people just hate themselves and have no self esteem or do you reckon they could be happy? If I were with someone twice my age all I could think about is how we'd only have half my current lifespan tops before I have to change his nappy.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Kathleen we need to know your age 😅

Need to know or would like to know? There is a difference.

A friend of mine left her abusive boyfriend recently (both 30) Brilliant I thought. About five minutes later she was in a relationship again with a man in his 60s.

Do some people just hate themselves and have no self esteem or do you reckon they could be happy? If I were with someone twice my age all I could think about is how we'd only have half my current lifespan tops before I have to change his nappy.

Or maybe she met somebody nice who values and respects her and she feels safe with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You can't say unless you know the person.

They could be 35 and like 17 mentally. Or 40 and 87 mentally ...just really jaded

ANYWAY ..from the outside you really don't understand other people's relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Homelander wrote: »
    I'm 33. I'd be okay with about ten years older. I wouldn't say no to someone younger but usually I prefer people my own age or older.

But they all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Went out with someone 10yrs older than me. Kinda want them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am nailing a 27 year old from around the corner at the moment.

Absolute bear in the sack, she loves it.

Is a bear not an excessively hairy, large homosexual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Sam Hain wrote: »

Wouldn't be my thing but nothing wrong with his girlfriend roleplaying as a large hairy man.

Or if he is being literal Yogi Bear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That is just narrow minded stereotyping.

How crude.

It is also a colourful noun to emphasise a libidinous lover.

It sounds like you are not getting enough yourself? A distinctive pong of envy off your post.

That is just narrow minded stereotyping.

How crude.

It is also a colourful noun to emphasise a libidinous lover.

It sounds like you are not getting enough yourself? A distinctive pong of envy off your post.

It does not emphasise a libidinous lover to most of us.
    Like a bear with a sore head/like a bear in the mornings. None of these sound good.
    If you google like a bear in bed a lot of results come up for how well they sleep, not how much sex they have.
    I got no pong of envy from the post, i got a sense of having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

You’d be surprised how many woman have daddy issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Like a bear with a sore head/like a bear in the mornings. None of these sound good.
    If you google like a bear in bed a lot of results come up for how well they sleep, not how much sex they have.

He was extracting the urine I believe.

Don't tell me you're jealous too Kay?

Have you never phucked someone like an animal?

Don't tell me you're jealous too Kay?

Have you never phucked someone like an animal?

Jealous? Oh no I'm not jealous at all. No need to be.
    And no, i never "plucked" anyone. I make it my business to stay away from turkeys.

Jealous? Oh no I'm not jealous at all. No need to be.
    And no, i never "plucked" anyone. I make it my business to stay away from turkeys.

Do you wear glasses in bed?

Did you forget to put them on this morning?

• Advertisement

Do you wear glasses in bed?

Did you forget to put them on this morning?

:D you got me there. That was a bad one!
    No am posting while cooking dinner with one eye on tv and trying to figure what bet I'm doing on Pool v Utd.
    Wasn't paying attention. :D

Advertisement