Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s only premium though. Same quality as Spotify,

Well in theory you can upgrade to HiFi for loosing 50% of that free time but there are several people (including me) where the 50% was not deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well in theory you can upgrade to HiFi for loosing 50% of that free time but there are several people (including me) where the 50% was not deducted.

Oh good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

It’s only premium though. Same quality as Spotify,

Didn't know spotify was free for 6 months :rolleyes::pac::pac:

vectra wrote: »
    Didn't know spotify was free for 6 months :rolleyes::pac::pac:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: then you're clueless in that case.
    Spotify is free.
    My case in point related to the streaming quality which more intelligent users picked up on.
    I'll dumb my post down for you in future.

Spotify is free.
    My case in point related to the streaming quality which more intelligent users picked up on.

So if Spotify is FREE as you say, why are there loads of members here looking for bargain streaming offers?
    Nothing to do with the horrible 160Kbps quality and annoying ads I guess?

OH,
    No need to dumb down anything to do with music quality or related topics for me.
    I am well qualified in that area thank you.

• Advertisement

So if Spotify is FREE as you say, why are there loads of members here looking for bargain streaming offers?
    Nothing to do with the horrible 160Kbps quality and annoying ads I guess?

OH,
    No need to dumb down anything to do with music quality or related topics for me.
    I am well qualified in that area thank you.

Well qualified tosser if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cop on the 2 of ye

TheDriver wrote: »
    Cop on the 2 of ye

Excuse me?
    Well qualified tosser if you ask me.
    I thought name calling was not allowed here?

Explain 2 of ye please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cheers OP
    Worked like a charm
    Love it

Excuse me?

I thought name calling was not allowed here?

Explain 2 of ye please?

I called you a tosser and you were being a sarcastic knob instead of explaining that the basic free Spotify plan was only 160kb and included ads.
    I knew ads were included in the free version but not the lower quality,
    If you had explained that first instead of your sarcastic rolly emojis I would have thanked your answer and stood corrected.
    End of story. Accept it and move on.

• Advertisement

Anyway my issue seems to be on the Revolut side. Cannot even sign up on the UK site.
    Must follow up with support tomorrow and see what the story is.

I called you a tosser and you were being a sarcastic knob instead of explaining that the basic free Spotify plan was only 160kb and included ads.
    I knew ads were included in the free version but not the lower quality,
    If you had explained that first instead of your sarcastic rolly emojis I would have thanked your answer and stood corrected.
    End of story. Accept it and move on.
    Spotify is free.

So,
    I am the Tosser
    I am the Sarcastic Knob.

Yet you are the one to call me those name while telling me I am clueless to streaming quality which more intellegent users would pick up on?

Quite obvious YOU are not included in that list.;)

if either of ye post again in this or any BA forum with a tone of Pickering or back seat modding, it's card time

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I found a particular balm to this wound of not being able to get cheap Tidal was to sign up to YouTube premium via Argentina. There is a music app you can download with a ‘high quality’ audio option.

a mate tried the turkey route and it worked using urban vpn.
    Testing it for me now with my revolut card. if it still happens its definitely an issue on the revolut side but they claim they have no records of any attempted payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

a mate tried the turkey route and it worked using urban vpn.
    Testing it for me now with my revolut card. if it still happens its definitely an issue on the revolut side but they claim they have no records of any attempted payments.

Funny you mention this. I had a similar issue with my revolut when using it through PayPal.
    The solution was to change the IBAN.
    I had the IBAN still set to the GB on my revolut account and everything was getting rejected but not appearing or showing in revolut at all. Maybe worth a look.

thanks..I don't see how you can change the IBAN? Mine starts with LT.
    Oh yeah the migration. Must ask the mate if he;'s still GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

just signed up via windscibe free and revolut . thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gussieg wrote: »
    just signed up via windscibe free and revolut . thanks op!

Still working for you? Are you based in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Thanks OP. Worked for me yesterday. However when I invite family members to join the request to join are in Turkish. Should I have kept Hola open while sending invites? They are reluctant to join in case they can only get Tidal in Turkish.

• Advertisement

colcatscar wrote: »
    Thanks OP. Worked for me yesterday. However when I invite family members to join the request to join are in Turkish. Should I have kept Hola open while sending invites? They are reluctant to join in case they can only get Tidal in Turkish.

That's normal. Sign up and then pick English as language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

yes. and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Go to Amazon US, register an account using some random address from Google. Then set up echo using it. Make sure your location is also US in devices in anaxon., sometimes it picks up Ireland.

Sorry for digging up an old one but would love to get this working. Set up a US amazon account no issue. Set up a new alexa account using that same email address. When I go to link a music streaming service, Spotify is the only option. Put in a fake US location into alexa app, changed time zone, even ran the alexa app through hola vpn with us location enabled. Still only spotify available to link in music services.

Any idea what I'm missing?

DM1983 wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up an old one but would love to get this working. Set up a US amazon account no issue. Set up a new alexa account using that same email address. When I go to link a music streaming service, Spotify is the only option. Put in a fake US location into alexa app, changed time zone, even ran the alexa app through hola vpn with us location enabled. Still only spotify available to link in music services.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Common issue. Go into your amaxon account, devices and then region. Your region is prob set to UK or IRL even though it's a .com account.

Common issue. Go into your amaxon account, devices and then region. Your region is prob set to UK or IRL even though it's a .com account.

No sorry should have mentioned that I made sure that was US already. That's in the content and devices menu, then preferences yes?

DM1983 wrote: »
    No sorry should have mentioned that I made sure that was US already. That's in the content and devices menu, then preferences yes?
    Yes. I've seen US accounts but devices are set to UK.

Yes. I've seen US accounts but devices are set to UK.

Thanks any mate. I reset my echo in case that was a factor. No joy though. Think I'm done unless anyone else has cracked this.

Have u added tidal as a skill ie link new music service? It won't appear on music list until you do that.
    Failing that, get onto chat and tell them your US account won't show tidal

Have u added tidal as a skill ie link new music service? It won't appear on music list until you do that.
    Failing that, get onto chat and tell them your US account won't show tidal

Thanks for help man. Finally managed to do it by using a desktop and going to alexa.amazon.com. Couldn't get it to work on my phone for some reason. All sorted now. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Has anyone had problems paying their sub by revolut? Got an email saying the payment failed. It was via a virtual card. I updated it with the real card details. No word since.

Advertisement