Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

thomil wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder what some of the first-time visitors to this thread must think, especially if one of "those" conversations happens to be in full swing :pac: :D

I am here little, and have learned to skim - and when I leave to post as a marker foe my next visit.... Half the time I have no idea what you are all on about anyways,,, or what food you eat. "hunky dories." Some kind of fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Graces7 wrote: »
    Seriously a lady Garda once assured me crime goes up at the full moon... I am alerting the sharks to circle the island////oops; not supposed to tell about them! :eek:

I was always sceptical of full moon stories, but I've since meet a couple of people that are very badly affected by them, in relation to their mood

Its great having so much near me within 5k, had a fantastic walk yesterday in the local mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Kitchenside with a coffee.
    Have today what is a great start to the week, a dentist appointment, should be in and out and then workside.
    Have a good day one and all:)
    Auto, take care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭thomil

Graces7 wrote: »
    I am here little, and have learned to skim - and when I leave to post as a marker foe my next visit.... Half the time I have no idea what you are all on about anyways,,, or what food you eat. "hunky dories." Some kind of fish?

Hunky Dories are a brand of crisps:

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=263300686

I personally fail to see what‘s so special about them :pac:

Anyway, it‘s back to work over here. Some colleagues are really better off being at least a continent away...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Visiting the beach today, weather is beautiful.

534654.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭3d4life

thomil wrote: »
    Hunky Dories are a brand of crisps:...

Could be John Dorys that had been raised on steroids :p

Pretty little blighters they are too :

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.luximer.com%2Fc%2F25-medium_default%2Fjohn-dory.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I remember buying these in Sawyers in Chatham St in the 60s. They were about the cheapest thing there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan of the sweet stuff

You're all wrong.

Hunky Dorys is the name of Seph and Ted's stripping business.

Hunky for obvious reasons and Dory because the definition of a dory fish is:

'narrow, deep-bodied creature with a mouth that can do impressive things' (or something like that)

So there you go. Why dya think Leg End was so jealous that I got ALL the Hunky Dorys!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Don't worry about me Buile, I have my authentic carbonara with guacamole, cream of mushroom soup and red pepper. :D

Carside after buying milk. Such excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You're all wrong.

'narrow, deep-bodied creature with a mouth that can do impressive things' (or something like that)

So there you go. Why dya think Leg End was so jealous that I got ALL the Hunky Dorys!
    That's brightened up my Monday :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You're all wrong.

I've gone all funny! Pearls! Where are my pearls? I think I need to clutch them or I'll faint. I'm going to have to have a prolonged lie down.

Ooh matron!

Don't worry about me Buile, I have my authentic carbonara with guacamole, cream of mushroom soup and red pepper. :D

Carside after buying milk. Such excitement.

:D:D This post is sure to confuse people!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You're all wrong.

:D:D:D

Tedo we've been found out, the kitten is out of the bag :pac:

What a magnificent day.

534698.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Fabulous clouds. Better than looking at the black ones overhead here.

Talk of snow at the weekend. Sigh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trundle trundle o clock here.. I read about cold snap Thursday.. Not looking forward to that..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Live from Supervalu! Slabs of beer at 20 quid a go. If Aldi still have cheap Canadian, then G gets to have posh beer for Christmas. I hit the savings for the second time today since all this Covid thing put me out of work. The first time was in a panic buying mode. Today was pure don't five a fook anymore, lets treat ourselves mode. I get posh beer, Ms G gets a new double bed and Mrs G gets an unexpected Christmas surprise. Gotta go. Getting weird looks here.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Live from Supervalu! Slabs of beer at 20 quid a go. If Aldi still have cheap Canadian, then G gets to have posh beer for Christmas. I hit the savings for the second time today since all this Covid thing put me out of work. The first time was in a panic buying mode. Today was pure don't five a fook anymore, lets treat ourselves mode. I get posh beer, Ms G gets a new double bed and Mrs G gets an unexpected Christmas surprise. Gotta go. Getting weird looks here.

What beer G?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Talk of snow at the weekend. Sigh.

Woo hoooo!

Woo hoooo!

Bah humbug.

Although it's not like I'll be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bah humbug.

Although it's not like I'll be going anywhere.

Ideally I will be belting down the local grassy hill in the very rarely used sled that I bought after the Great Snow of 2010.
    More likely is that the sled will be redundant for yet another year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, nicely relaxed and stretched after my Zoom Yoga class.

Grabbing a quick dinner as my AA Group is meeting on Zoom at 8pm.

What beer G?

Rockshore, Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Canadian and Guinness are flying out the door at 20 quid a slab. For me Rockshore is posh these days.:o

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Rockshore, Heineken, Carlsberg, Bud, Canadian and Guinness are flying out the door at 20 quid a slab. For me Rockshore is posh these days.:o

Supervalu here I come! :D

Supervalu here I come! :D

Get in there! My local SV was out of Canadian, but Aldi are doing slabs for 20 quid too. Don't forget to buy some SV goodies. Great range and decent prices.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have to say the perlenbacher from lidl does us fine, but i'm just bitter because there's no supervalu near me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd love some Ginger Ale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement