Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Was the cop in the right ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

I think the cop handled it wrong.

Should have asked him to get off the public transport, and then if the scouse victim complex sufferer refused, baton him and mace him.
    He did not seem medically ill when he was fronting up to the cop, and judging by his behavior and that of his friend it was obvious they were far from pillars of the community

Cop did ask him to leave. The toe rag can be heard saying "no not getting off"

I would like to know how it ended. And would have been nice to hear the passengers lending vocal support to the cop or something, even by telling the yob with the camera to get bent.

scouse is my all time most despised accent. It sounds like they are trying to chew their own teeth whilst gargling semen.

Second has to be that from the worlds largest penal colony...australia.

third is the Kerry accent.

oh and the cork accent....and I am from cork......which is like a cross between a whimpering german shepherd, and a simpleton on helium

Oddly I like the geordie accent, and even the dublin accent and the welsh seems ok,

Scouse accent and that assault on the senses that is the accent of Northern Ireland.

I like the various vocals of the southern US states but it takes a menacing turn when you hear it from cops on lonely country road - even when those cops don't mean you harm. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I think the cop handled it wrong.

Should have asked him to get off the public transport, and then if the scouse victim complex sufferer refused, baton him and mace him.
    He did not seem medically ill when he was fronting up to the cop, and judging by his behavior and that of his friend it was obvious they were far from pillars of the community

Scouse victim complex? Do explain.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there a more revolting accent than scouse?

Any put on D4 accent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Scouse accent and that assault on the senses that is the accent of Northern Ireland.

I like the various vocals of the southern US states but it takes a menacing turn when you hear it from cops on lonely country road - even when those cops don't mean you harm. :p

like that charleston accent in south carolina ?

Always reminded me of civil war generals, gone with the wind and spacey from house of cards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

AllForIt wrote: »

edit: on that point, I've seen ppl with masks that have holes around the mouth area. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of wearing them?

Partially - The ones with holes tend to be those for tradespeople. The mask will stop particles on the way in, but the ventilation hole doesn't have any protection on the way out (It will still stop a lot of larger bits of spit etc and some vapour will be remove by the rest of the mask).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The cop was in the right. It is the law and the cops have to enforce it, as daft as the law may be. I'd say the cop should have waited for backup... BUT .. we've all seen in the US, that can actually escalate things further. Then you have 4 cops, people around shouting "why does it take 4 cops to arrest one person", the person being arrested might do stupid things like trying to grab mace.. and they could end up being pinned to the ground.

Being a cop seems like a fairly thankless job.

like that charleston accent in south carolina ?

Always reminded me of civil war generals, gone with the wind and spacey from house of cards

Yes that is the type.

They didn't even say anything remotely threatening and lead me onto the main road but I still expected some horrendous fate and had to fight the urge to speed off - which would have got me arrested. :P

antix80 wrote: »
    The cop was in the right. It is the law and the cops have to enforce it, as daft as the law may be. I'd say the cop should have waited for backup... BUT .. we've all seen in the US, that can actually escalate things further. Then you have 4 cops, people around shouting "why does it take 4 cops to arrest one person", the person being arrested might do stupid things like trying to grab mace.. and they could end up being pinned to the ground.

Being a cop seems like a fairly thankless job.

Only one other person was shouting.

Hard to believe the other people would have been shouting at the cops. Most people are willing to wear the masks,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

If you have a "medical condition" that prevents you from wearing a mask... should you be out in public?

Should you be shouting and able to fight off the cops :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Your Face wrote: »
    Mace them all.

Some fella gets to drive and operate the water cannon. Talk about job satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Silly scouser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

lovely council estate scummers that blemish the honest council estate folk.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

bassy wrote: »
    lovely council estate scummers that blemish the honest council estate folk.............................

So why mention council estates?

bassy wrote: »

What's council estates got to do with this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

So why mention council estates?

Id say he's from Birkenhead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

There is a reply to that tweet from the British Transport Police that says they were called because that guy was spitting on people. the copper should have batoned him.

One crack across the arm, broken elbow, that would put a stop to his antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One crack across the arm, broken elbow, that would put a stop to his antics.

i was thinking more a crack across the shins but i am willing to accept what you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Some are saying this idiot was reportedly spitting at ppl prior to the incident

that is what the British Transport Police said in a reply to the tweet. It is the reason they turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would bet a hundred pounds/euro they are 'known to the police'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

i was thinking more a crack across the shins but i am willing to accept what you suggest.

pretty hard to spit very far with a pair of busted lips, surely a better preventative measure than making him walk with a limp.

pretty hard to spit very far with a pair of busted lips, surely a better preventative measure than making him walk with a limp.

always happy to be educated on how to deal with scum like this.

So we're in agreement.
    One public flogging, and then horsed into the Pit Of Death....

So we're in agreement.
    One public flogging, and then horsed into the Pit Of Death....

great, all i can think of now is "horse it into me boss"

great, all i can think of now is "horse it into me boss"

Was she a ward Sister?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There was a comment under the tweet from the transport police saying the following

'We are aware of this video being shared on social media. Officers were called to reports of a man spitting at two passengers (2/9/2020). A man has now been charged with a public order offence and assaulting an emergency worker'

Was she a ward Sister?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Oh dear this is not good at all.
    I have seen something similar on Dublin Bus but not as bad as that.

The man should be wearing a mask but he claims he has a medical condition.
    A lot of people are traveling on public transport and are frightend if they see someone not wearing a mask.
    I think this time the police man was correct to ask him to put a mask on.
    If the guy did have a medical condition this will be proved in the investigation.

There are many simply refiuse to wear a mask on public transport which to me is unfair on the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He handled it wrong. I'd have left him with a concussion, three cracked ribs and pink piss for three days.

Advertisement