Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    BTW, I am right now doing Cultural & Diversity training for my job. I am learning how to not be racist.

is it working?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

The great thing about that article is who is getting offended and what is offensive. And then who is offended by the outrage. Then how those who are offended by others being offended are now offensive. It's funny watching them go round and round in offended circles.

BTW, I am right now doing Cultural & Diversity training for my job. I am learning how to not be racist.

And while you're at mandatory self-flagellation class, the Chinese have setup a hotline number to report anything that dares impeach on their cultural "excellence".

One rule for ye, another for thee.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BY08Z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

The great thing about that article is who is getting offended and what is offensive. And then who is offended by the outrage. Then how those who are offended by others being offended are now offensive. It's funny watching them go round and round in offended circles.

Report back how you get on.

• silverharp wrote: »
    if I have learned anything over the last couple of years is that parody and reality are closing the gap to the point you cant tell
    Yeah, this could have become a reality, but page 3 was cancelled instead.

• https://kilkennynow.ie/kathleen-funchion-mothers-of-vulnerable-children-carrying-unbearable-burden-during-lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR2Zyo3f0vQEc3FopjmDRRUidV9EReWt1DRRMGCtO9SDIIplVF_u9-0Q4oA

Seems to be a competition now as to who suffered most during lockdown. Women apparently, and by implication it is mens fault.

I would love to know how many times covid has been an excuse to prevent fathers from seeing their kids. I know of multiple instances where this has been raised by men in court since last March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cordell wrote: »
    I can seriously tell you that's quite possibly real.
    I can't be sure on this particular one, but I've been through cultural sensitivity and inclusion and diversity training and that's what it's all about, the work place is a safe space devoid of any kind of banter that can be taken as offensive or microaggression even when the one that takes offence is merely a bystander overhearing it. Even things like reading in the open articles that are against immigration are covered by this, god forbid some minority person sees it by accident and gets emotionally scarred by the fact they work with a xenophobe racist.

Biko's track record Isnt great to be fair...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Biko's track record Isnt great to be fair...
    Just because you wish it, doesn't make it so.
    Should you think anything I posted have been wrong, point it out with your proof.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Cordell wrote: »
    I can seriously tell you that's quite possibly real.
    I can't be sure on this particular one, but I've been through cultural sensitivity and inclusion and diversity training and that's what it's all about, the work place is a safe space devoid of any kind of banter that can be taken as offensive or microaggression even when the one that takes offence is merely a bystander overhearing it. Even things like reading in the open articles that are against immigration are covered by this, god forbid some minority person sees it by accident and gets emotionally scarred by the fact they work with a xenophobe racist.

I've sat through diversity training in the US,.Ireland and the Netherlands. I'd put a large sum of money on that being a satire of actual diversity training.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Imagine the gimp that came up with that ?

Made up jobs indeed ...

Made up slides

they/them/theirs

biko wrote: »
    Should you think anything I posted have been wrong, point it out with your proof.

That's not how it works horse, the onus is on you to prove it's kosher.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Re that diversity training slide

Paisan:
    It's a word that's used with Italians or Italian Americans when informally, but friendly, adressing one another.

Does this mean they're both Italian Americans, or is she culturally appropriating the term...?

• Isn't that like only black people are allowed to say the n word, but no one else!
    Some of them say it so proudly as to bait white people who are not allowed to reply using it for fear of being charged with racism.
    If the word is racist, then they should be charged with using it as well.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Brian? wrote: »
    I've sat through diversity training in the US,.Ireland and the Netherlands. I'd put a large sum of money on that being a satire of actual diversity training.

Do you not get some kind of cert so you don't have to do it multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

AllForIt wrote: »

I'd imagine its one of those things you can't skip. Like lifeboat drill on a cruise. Only more important than life or death.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I guess he changes jobs regularly and has to do them every time he changes jobs.

Great joy when you work for some "outsourcer" because then you can do all those "trainings" like Business code of conduct and the likes for all companies involved.

I never says it was, but this the third time you been suspected of falling for the satirical.

Snpoes is your friend!

Someone saying "I don't believe that is true" doesn't mean anything.
    It certainly doesn't mean the person is right in any way.

The image was first tweeted by a person not known for trolling. https://twitter. com/worrierprincess/status/1382096186975383552

Why don't you believe her?

AllForIt wrote: »

Different companies

they/them/theirs

The image was first tweeted by a person not known for trolling. https://twitter. com/worrierprincess/status/1382096186975383552

I don't believe her because it's too ridiculous to be real. I've sat through enough ethics training to make an educated guess at it.

Added to that, it doesn't have a header or footer. Who makes something without branding of any kind? No one I've ever worked for.

It looks like something from "Obvious Plant" on Facebook

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

It this diversity course also too ridiculous to be real?

blm-activist-tells-room-of-white-liberals-all-white-people-are-racist-while-asking-for-money-jpg-pag.jpg

There's a very obvious line between what's daft and woke, and what's just too daft and has to be paroday. I could, of course be wrong, but you come across as spending a little too much time on Twitter and wanting something to be true a little too much. Thus, it clouds your judgement.

It this diversity course also too ridiculous to be real?

blm-activist-tells-room-of-white-liberals-all-white-people-are-racist-while-asking-for-money-jpg-pag.jpg

Not as daft as the one you posted previousy, but seriously - spend less time on Twitter looking for the stuff.

Critical Race Theory is state sponsored Racism, what a time to be alive

Ergo "All white people are racist" = believable diversity course.
    "The Italian don't eat enough" = unbelievable diversity course.

Tbh, I would have hoped it was the other way around.

Ergo "All white people are racist" = believable diversity course.
    "The Italian don't eat enough" = unbelievable diversity course.

Tbh, I would have hoped it was the other way around.

Ergo - if something sounds too stupid to be real, it's probably not real. The idea that all whites are racist is not new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭jackboy

Brian? wrote: »

I work for an American company in Ireland. We were made watch a video on an example of the type of thing that could happen if conflict in the workplace is left unresolved. Of course the end of the video involved a guy going to the car park and getting a bag of guns from the boot of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Not as daft as the one you posted previousy, but seriously - spend less time on Twitter looking for the stuff.
    Ergo - if something sounds too stupid to be real, it's probably not real. The idea that all whites are racist is not new.

Hold on...
    ALL WHITE
    PEOPLE ARE
    RACIST

PAYPAL ME

and this isn't satire...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭SeanW

It's likely a toss-up whether that's real or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Report back how you get on.

It was a very instructive and educational course. I swear I gave it my undivided attention for the whole hour. I watched every video and read every slide. At no point was I getting on with my actual job or thinking "this is a load of ****".

I am now fully aware of my privilege and cultural biases. I will stop all my microaggressions and my constant need to touch afro hair. I am now an ally to all minorities. And will call out and fight discrimination every where I see it. And if there is none to fight, I'll just look harder until i find some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement