Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Millionaire Raffle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Cheers Noel, just won 500 there!
    Had 4 tickets, one was a present and I bought 3.
    I'd say that has me breakeven for the draws over the years.

Anyone in this year? Bought three again and one received as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone in this year? Bought three again and one received as a present.

Ah sure. It's only once a year. Bought one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got 2 as a present, a bit more craic for New Year’s Eve build

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Any idea of sales numbers...asking for a friend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I'm pretty sure I will at some point win the Euromillions, but this millionaire raffle will be a nice starting point.

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »

Got my last one about an hour ago and it was up to 378xxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

If they didn't sell any more than 378k, it would improve win ratio from 1:83 to 1:63 due to undersell within a fixed prizing structure.

With that 1:63 (but likely to increase within 24hrs) would still be x15.5 likely to win the lowest tier prize (500notes), than any other category.

I'm pretty sure I will at some point win the Euromillions, but this millionaire raffle will be a nice starting point.
    Pretty sure that it's 139,838,160/1 for EM.

For le Raffle: 1.20% of any return with x15.5 likelyhood weighting upon the lower category (€500) {within that 1.2}, assuming sell out conditions, slightly better if not.
    I.e. 0.07741935483871% approx of 1k, and upwards prize.

0.000002% chance of the 1m jackpot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Who’s bought a ticket for this?

Will the draw be shown on TV does anyone know ?

I received one as a gift.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if I won, how much do you think I should share with the giver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

If I won I wouldn’t tell anyone. Even the person who gave it to me hahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

AulWan wrote: »

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if I won, how much do you think I should share with the giver?

€25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If I won I wouldn’t tell anyone. Even the person who gave it to me hahahahaha

Trying to keep it off the wife's radar may be a challenge but I'm sure I could stick to my guns!

Anyway, I'm in, got one as a gift.

Getting slightly ahead of myself but are there any issues with a prize leaving the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

AulWan wrote: »

I'm guessing a friend gave it to you, so I'd say 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I bought one today. I don’t buy the lotto too often but since this one is not on too often I said I would get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

It's up to 387xxx now

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I usually get one of these as a gift most years, none received this year so I'm going to buy one.

I'll report back here should I win the top prize, before reassignment to a better life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Bought one for myself and my Mum.

She has her prize spent already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Didnt this use to be €20 a while back ,have not brought one this year,never have won anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

If they don’t sell all the tickets are the number of prizes cut I.e. less €500 prizes given ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

How do ya know based on the number you get ?

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    If they don’t sell all the tickets are the number of prizes cut I.e. less €500 prizes given ?
    Don't think so, unless there is a special hidden clause upon another clause.

However they won't ever make a loss, as the prize pool for 500k sales was still only ever the guts of 37% of gross revenue.

They'll still sell (well) over 400k, by end of tommorow, and thus prize pool won't ever exceed 44.4%.

Estimate would be 450k sales, prizepool allocation thus 40%. With the remaining 60% split between profit making, some to good causes, and some minor operating costs (to cover costs of ads, admin and printed tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

CIP4 wrote: »
    I bought one today. I don’t buy the lotto too often but since this one is not on too often I said I would get one.

I bought one too because Im in a syndicate at work thats only €10pm, so I said I'd 'lump on' with raffle ticket!
    Up €5 on last year though!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

I wonder if they will remember to put all the prizes into this draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I bought one for my dad this year and last year. I'd love him to win €500! He got nothing last year.

How do ya know based on the number you get ?

Yes.

I'm not a lotto person usually, but I kind of like these as Christmas present and always buy one for my Mum.

My Mum has her winnings spent already and for the short space of time (between Christmas and New Year) that people can dare to dream, it's worth the ticket price.

Of course when we win nothing, we will be effing and blinding and saying never again, but next year we will be back.

anewme wrote: »
    ...)that people can dare to dream, it's worth the ticket price.
    I prefer to dream upon a basis of enhanced outcomes (70-80% ^PrizePool), supplimented with studied calculated P+ factors to increase that even further.

Not with a starting basis of a mere 37%^PP, and a very high initial outlay. And from a source with a recent incident (media reported) showing an unresolved customer trust issue or contract breach.

I prefer to dream upon a basis of enhanced outcomes (70-80% ^PrizePool), supplimented with studied calculated P+ factors to increase that even further.

Not with a starting basis of a mere 37%^PP, and a very high initial outlay. And from a source with a recent incident (media reported) showing an unresolved customer trust issue or contract breach.

I'm already cribbing about CAT and pension moving to 68, so 25 spent on this is just a bit of lighthearted fun at Christmas, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

0.000002% chance of the 1m jackpot.

So you're telling me there's a chance!

Got one earlier, number up at 390...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Got one online its at 391... now

Advertisement