Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP www.rip.ie and other lost websites

• 03-05-2018 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to check who got buried at a certain church on Tuesday as the turn out was absolutely massive and went to rip.ie only to discover that it is as dead an a Norwegian Blue which tickled me. Which site have you gone to after maybe years away only to find they've long since vanished into the internet ether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www.rip.ie is working for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

News to me, OP, I consulted it only this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

****s sake! :pac: It's not loading at all on Chrome that I use
    This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://rip.ie/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

Fine. Thread fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

The reports of the death of rip.ie are greatly exaggerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Went to check who liked my pictures on bebo the other day and found out it was gone. Was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

_Dara_ wrote: »
    News to me, OP, I consulted it only this weekend.

Me too, yesterday and I am on chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Went to check who liked my pictures on bebo the other day and found out it was gone. Was shocked.

This is why I always backup everything to my MySpace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Went to visit boards.ie to find out it was gone and replaced by 2 guys arguing over who should be first to post a comic strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Everytime I hear of rip.ie, I just sing, to the jingle of 123.ie, in my head

"R I P dot I E, just log on and see if your dead."

It amuses me way more than it should.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just wanted to check who got buried at a certain church on Tuesday as the turn out was absolutely massive and went to rip.ie only to discover that it is as dead an a Norwegian Blue which tickled me. Which site have you gone to after maybe years away only to find they've long since vanished into the internet ether.

The problem's at your end. RIP.IE is functioning perfectly, and has been doing so without a break. Fine in Chrome yesterday and just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

keano_afc wrote: »
    Went to visit boards.ie to find out it was gone and replaced by 2 guys arguing over who should be first to post a comic strip.

Lol, that thread. :D Wtf is that about? Some guy getting precious about something that isn’t his intellectual property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It's working for me too. I look at it every day. Wouldn't want to miss out on free soup 'n sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

These guys started copying all deaths for rip and posting them on fb and now have set up their own competition site

Deathnotices.co

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Working fine for me and i'm using Chrome. Sorry for your loss by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Seems to need the name of the person you want to check. Are you supposed to type in random people to see if they are still upright?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hoisted with one's own petard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

RIP.ie must have some of highest rates of individual daily visits in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

kneemos wrote: »
    Seems to need the name of the person you want to check. Are you supposed to type in random people to see if they are still upright?
    No, just put in the county, and the town also if you want to narrow it down. And you can change the default time period too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just got some serious deja Vu from this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,892 ✭✭✭thesandeman

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Just got some serious deja Vu from this thread!

You mean dead ya view?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So long as the forums on teenireland.com are still going, we'll have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Ive just been on it, checking out someone. Working perfectly.
    Have read that theres a facebk site going up/on fir dead lists too. But as i dont do facebk will have to settle for rip*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just checked it on chrome. Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

RIP.ie must have some of highest rates of individual daily visits in the country.

It's the number one site for Irish mammie's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'm sorry for your loss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

A few years ago boards.co.uk was an exact copy of boards.ie except British. It had regional forums as well as various other forums such as music and politics. There didn't seem to be an After Hours though. Now if you visit boards.co.uk it's a website that sells surfboards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Diemos wrote: »
    Everytime I hear of rip.ie, I just sing, to the jingle of 123.ie, in my head

"R I P dot I E,
    just log on and see if you're gone."

It amuses me way more than it should.......
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

****s sake! :pac: It's not loading at all on Chrome that I use

Fine. Thread fail.

I'm with you.

have a pc that puts up the same message on chrome when i try to open it.....its the only site that doesn't load for some reason.

it used to load on IE but that updated recently and now it tirggers a security notice too.......WTF??

I need to know if i die!

Advertisement