Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tipperary Town- what the he’ll happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There's actually some nice parts to the town. In general it compares well to many parts of dublin (saying that as a dub). The main street gives an awful impression of the place and up St Michael's and James Connolly directions off the main street are unappealing.

When was the town much better and what was it like then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭gifted

kfrp wrote: »
    Most towns in Tipp are kips though.

Carrick On Suir
    Clonmel
    Tipperary

All places best avoided

Couldn't agree more, tipperary towns are like their people....ignorant and best left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was there in the early 90's, it was a complete sh!tholeback then too so can only imagine what an utter kip it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

gifted wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, tipperary towns are like their people....ignorant and best left alone.

Where ya from yourself that you’ve such a chip on your shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Tipp Town,Carrick,Nenagh and Roscrea are absolute sh!tholes. Sometimes I'll take backroads just to avoid Tipp Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Someone dig up that "biggest sh1tholes in ireland" thread - think tipperary town won by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah now it's not that bad, and I say that as a Kilkenny woman :D

See we don't hate you that much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Tipp town looks like Sorrento in comparison to Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've never been to Tipp town.
    Are people here saying it's actually worse than New Ross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

It's one massive halting site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's not that bad. People like to be emphatic.
    It needs an injection of money and optimism, like a lot of smaller Irish towns after the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭flutered

tipp people never support anything, how many buissnes's have closed, how many are due to close

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It's one massive halting site.

I think you may be wrong there. There is one halting site adjacent to edge of the town afaik.
    Lots of local authority housing in and around the town. Some new builds on the outskirts. Selection of shops is decent enough

Bizarrely quite a few English folks have moved to Tipperary over the 2 decades. Go in to Dunnes or Tescos and you hear lots of UK accents and not from traveller folk either - strange but true ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Imagine being from Tip town and reading this thread!?
    Wouldn't you just sell your trailer home or wigwam and move on........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Imagine being from Tip town and reading this thread!?
    Wouldn't you just sell your trailer home or wigwam and move on........

Read?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭buried

Tipperary town is grand. Great little base if you want to explore the nearby mountains, which are class. I don't mind these sort of places at all, small Irish towns. They are their own places, all their own natural way, even if it is bleak, 99% of the planet is f**king bleak. What do people want instead? Streets filled with costa coffees and vodafone donut shops? F8*k that $hite

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Read?

Lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think you're right. I've had a look around it on Google Maps. Seems bright and cheery.

b5wd5aO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Used to drive through it in the 1980s when visiting cousins in Limerick.
    Shocking kip.
    Once we stopped on the way home - went into a sit-down chipper.
    The spice burger I ordered was frozen in the middle.
    From where I was sitting, I could see the that the fire exit door was left open - leading into some yard or alleyway.
    I saw rodent eyes (more than one pair) staring back at me.
    Nightmarish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

How is a town ignorant you stupid cu*t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

It’s like everyone has given up in life. Half the townspeople were very nice and the other half were very rude. Everyone there is either overweight or gummy mouthed (even teenagers, Colgate dodgers) and stink of cannabis or alcohol. 50% of the shops on the main street are closed and derelict. I was last in this town in 2010 mid recession and it wasn’t this bad. Talk about recovery.

Unfortunately its one of these towns that hasn't got much going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I have the misfortune to live within a few miles of Tipp Town. It is a hole. It doesn't need a by pass, it needs a wrecking ball to flatten the place. It would definitely look better flattened.

Local shops still close on Weds afternoon for a half day.

The district court operates out of the Excel centre on Wedsnesday and brings even more scumbags to mingle with the local ones.

There is a mart in the town on Friday's and this brings out the utter muck savages who are filthy and smelly and abandon their agricultural vehicles anywhere they like.

Utter ****hole of a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I have the misfortune to live within a few miles of Tipp Town. It is a hole. It doesn't need a by pass, it needs a wrecking ball to flatten the place. It would definitely look better flattened.
    Local shops still close on Weds afternoon for a half day.
    The district court operates out of the Excel centre on Wedsnesday and brings even more scumbags to mingle with the local ones.
    There is a mart in the town on Friday's and this brings out the utter muck savages who are filthy and smelly and abandon their agricultural vehicles anywhere they like.
    Utter ****hole of a place.

Why do you go there?

Lots of small businesses have half days in similar towns
    Other towns have district courts
    Some towns have Marts

Not really that much different that any other town of its size in the country is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Built on Indian burial ground. There are a good few towns of a similar ilk around Ireland though. Longford, Birr, Thurles, Mullingar, most of the towns in Laois, a good bit of Tipperary, most towns bypassed by new motorways.
    Any town with Borris in it...

gozunda wrote: »
    Why do you go there?

Lots of small businesses have half days in similar towns
    Other towns have district courts
    Some towns have Marts

Not really that much different that any other town of its size in the country is it?

Never said it was different. Just pointing out what makes it a ****hole.

I pass through as fast as I can through the potholes to go to Tesco or Dunnes to go grocery shopping. Never deliberately go there to hangout/eat/drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This is generally some yokel from a neighbouring county.

I quite like south tipp, Tipperary town excluded. Both Cahir and Clonmel are pretty decent compared to most inland towns. The castle and the comeraghs add to the charm. Far worse places in Ireland. Nice local area to travel around south tipp and mountainous north Waterford. I used to cycle down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Never said it was different. Just pointing out what makes it a ****hole.

I pass through as fast as I can through the potholes to go to Tesco or Dunnes to go grocery shopping. Never deliberately go there to hangout/eat/drink.

We've found ourselves one a them there snob here, fellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Is it bleaker than Ballina?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

It’s a kip but many a town in Ireland like it

• Advertisement

We've found ourselves one a them there snob here, fellers.

Gather the banjos and lets have ourselves a lynching

Advertisement