Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Watching Neil Diamond in concert on BBC 4. It brings me back years to the good old days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

iamwhoiam wrote:
    Watching Neil Diamond in concert on BBC 4. It brings me back years to the good old days!

Watching it too. Can't wait til we're all rubbing off each other at concerts again :pac:

Not trivial but was chatting to my Mum this evening on the phone and they think my Auntie will be getting out of intensive care tomorrow. She's a frontline worker and unfortunately got the bad version of covid but that's great to hear now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

til we're all rubbing off each other

This made me TH and laugh out loud, apologies my mind is in the gutter :D

TH for today is I've been feeling a bit frumpy and less than glamorous lately, with an 8 month old and another one cooking, and OH told me out of the blue today that I looked really pretty :)

Antares35 wrote:
    TH for today is I've been feeling a bit frumpy and less than glamorous lately, with an 8 month old and another one cooking, and OH told me out of the blue today that I looked really pretty

This post made me TH also. I'd say you're positively blooming Antares. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »

TH for today is I've been feeling a bit frumpy and less than glamorous lately, with an 8 month old and another one cooking, and OH told me out of the blue today that I looked really pretty :)

Irish twins? congrats btw

This post made me TH also. I'd say you're positively blooming Antares. :)

TH this post haha. It's the gift that keeps on giving :D I'l be alright once the hormones calm down. In the maternity hospital they take you aside on your own (well on the first one before partners were banned) to ask if you feel "safe in your home environment". I told them I'm fine, but not sure how safe OH feels! :)

Irish twins? congrats btw

Yup, 14 month gap. We decided sleep isn't for us :D

Although I was happy enough today thinking about it - we might as well make our family while the world is stopped so we know we aren't missing anything being stuck in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    Yup, 14 month gap. We decided sleep isn't for us :D

Although I was happy enough today thinking about it - we might as well make our family while the world is stopped so we know we aren't missing anything being stuck in! :D

Congrats to you,i also had Irish twins and live to tell the tale [just]:D

My cat. She's such a quirky funny space cadet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seeing how excited children can get about snow.
    Even nowadays with their social magoriums and bleep-bleeps and virtual totality, snow can still give chislers a sense of wonder.

• McGregor getting his ass handed to him last night, hubris and all that. In an ideal world, he'll be reduced to hocking bottles of Proper Twelve from the boot of his Toyota Starlet when the creditors move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

A gorgeous cup of tea with not one, but two Galaxy Ripples :)

• Antares35 wrote: »

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A slice of Apple tart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sitting here trying to make videos for my class but I can't record because my cat is sitting beside me devouring his food. He is clearly enjoying it. So cute!! His fluffy little head makes me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

An early morning walk across icy fields as the sun rises, grass crunching under foot and the dog racing around like she'd never been walked before. Such a good start to the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

KatW4 wrote: »
    Sitting here trying to make videos for my class but I can't record because my cat is sitting beside me devouring his food. He is clearly enjoying it. So cute!! His fluffy little head makes me happy!

An update on this absolute divil. Not 5 minutes before he was up eating like his life depended on it, he was down in the neighbours having a big feast too!! How can he eat so much in such a short space of time. I had a good laugh when I found out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Sausage rolls...

Harry Styles new song - treat people with kindness. It's so upbeat and catchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting to see my 2 favourite little dogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 postpandemic

KatW4 wrote: »
    An update on this absolute divil. Not 5 minutes before he was up eating like his life depended on it, he was down in the neighbours having a big feast too!! How can he eat so much in such a short space of time. I had a good laugh when I found out :D

My neighbours cat was in this morning demanding breakfast. Properly shouting at me. As soon as he realised I wasn't planning to share, he left! But it was a nice distraction!

gifted wrote: »
    Sausage rolls...

I remember back in the day, after a session the night before, there was nothing better than a couple of deli sausage rolls and a can of coke to sort you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

sorting things out,

Ever since I had an account with BOI 365, I had a problem logging in with my date of birth and user ID. My date of birth was wrong. Wasn't a massive problem as I could log in with my phone number and user ID. Kept meaning to contact the bank and fix it, but I put it on the long finger.

Anyway, when the bank announced they were making changes recently, I decided I'd better fix it. I asked on boards if it was possible and would they do it for me. They gave me a phone number to call and told me their hours of operation

I'm not keen on making phone calls so I decided to try out the live chat on the bank of Ireland website-that sorted out my problem in 10 minutes :D

Yay!

Food from a local Cafe. Pork, mango, jalapeno and cheese sausage rolls. *Homer drool face* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eating a cracker and cheese a couple of minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Helping a friend research his family tree. He's not online, but is fascinated at what's been discovered so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The € shop on St Stephen's Green is closed down. Lowering the tone of the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just after giving my dog a bath, not for his benefit but for me -- now I can have him up on the couch with me tonight ^_^

Advertisement