Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DirkGently's Random Skies Realm

• 04-09-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭

I've just set up a Realm using the Random Skies Survival Parkour template there. Looks a bit ... hairy!

If you'd like to try it, let me know below. I've chosen Beginner mode for starters, since it looks mad enough as it is. There might be some kids of friends on there at some point, so I don't want it to be too hard or crazy, please.

DG = already invited

PS: you'll be asked to select a PVP team too, it appears. PVP in mid-air = doubleplushairy.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sounds awesome! I'd love to join something like that! Pleeease?

350x700px-LL-2eeb7598_PussInBoots1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

wouldn't mind joining in either, something of a change from normal mc. thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Deadly! I'll be jumping on later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    wouldn't mind joining in either, something of a change from normal mc. thanks
    I've invited "mhiggy11" - if that's not your name any more, let me know? I'm also curious to hear how it looks for a normal player e.g. do you get asked "beginner or advanced"?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

I don't have any pending invitations, did you send the invite to Darkglasses25 ?

• Advertisement

I don't have any pending invitations, did you send the invite to Darkglasses25 ?
    Ah - didn't check your exact name. It's sent now.

I'm resetting the World at this minute, trying a few different settings. Should only be a few minutes, in case anyone's trying to log in right now.

edit: that's better. The first map I created had only sandstone, not the variety of blocks it's supposed to have. Sorted.

Myself and Dirk have been testing it out - be sure to pick a team that nobody else is on yet (there's 4, hopefully enough)

I'll post here which teams me and Dirk pick.

Ok I'm yellow and Dirk's Green. Next two players should pick either red or blue

Also - at the start you are asked to choose modes, so:
    - Beginner mode
    - Multiplayer / PVP mode
    - pick a team colour

Each team has a spawn i.e. if you join an existing team, the spawn will be in use already.
    I'm on the lime green team.

• Advertisement

Mhiggy's on red team

Yup, it's hairier than a gorilla on Regaine. The map keeps a "bleederboard" of how many times you've fallen to your death. :eek:

OK, I think we have it figured out. There are 4 spawn islands, one per team. If you pick one of the teams that we've mentioned above, you'll land on that point and can take advantage of what we've built already.

In the centre, there's a fifth island, on which there are some more trees, and (now) a wheat farm, plus I've added a chest with some useful things. But first you have to get there, which is easier said than done. :eek:

Not much happening on the Realm, and I haven't been on much myself, being away and/or busy for the last few weeks. So I'm making a switch, and I've set up a new Diversity 2 challenge map to see what it's like.
    Return to the world of Diversity - an epic multi-genre challenge map for single or multiplayer! PC Gamer's #2 Minecraft Map of all time has spawned a sequel. With over 1 million downloads, Diversity 2 has quickly become Curse.com's #1 most downloaded map, overcoming the original Diversity map. Diversity 2 is a unique form of map. Similar to the CTM style, you are tasked to complete a monument. However, in the Diversity series, the monument blocks are obtained from completing different genre-specific levels.

This time, a team of builders were enlisted and the end product is really quite special. We hope you enjoy the map. Diversity 2 also proudly features custom skins from over 650 members of the Minecraft community!

NB the RandomSkies map is still stored in a server slot, we can switch between them any time we like.

I didn't like the Randomskies thing too much, felt very limited, but this Diversity thing I'm very interested in! Will pop on shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Played Diversity 1 and 2,both enjoyable. Some of the challenges are quite tough though,group effort is a good idea!!

This looks interesting. Will Hopfuly get on tomorrow during the day or maybe evening

took awhile to get the gist of things but eventually figured everything out. though it was a single player thing when the parkour wasn't resting but figured out eventually it was a team thing. played for a while and got the dropper block. on now if any1 wants to join me

Realm Change: I've set up map #3 as The Dropper. The challenge is very simple: make it all the way down to the bottom without getting dead. These are solo challenges, no breaking of blocks at all.

I've gotten as far as Level 9, which is wrecking my head. If you get there, you'll understand why. :eek:

bnt wrote: »
    Realm Change: I've set up map #3 as The Dropper. The challenge is very simple: make it all the way down to the bottom without getting dead. These are solo challenges, no breaking of blocks at all.

I've gotten as far as Level 9, which is wrecking my head. If you get there, you'll understand why. :eek:

Completed the map this evening, nice fun one. Not too long

• Advertisement

completed it yesterday too. but whats the sign saying something about diamonds about?

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    completed it yesterday too. but whats the sign saying something about diamonds about?

There's a chest in every level with 1 diamond, it's a bonus objective. I got about 6 of them.

i think this game was only built for single player use because there is only 1 diamond in each chest and once its gone no one else can get it

Well, since you can't spend the diamonds anywhere on that map, just leave them in the chests and keep the memories. :p

New maps are available to Realms owners, details here.
    Anyone feel like trying one of them?

New maps are available to Realms owners, details here.
    Anyone feel like trying one of them?

Skylight looks interesting to me

New Realm: Wayward Wonders. Looks big ...

New Realm: Wayward Wonders. Looks big ...

I have been playing that on single player for a few months! It's epic

Are we supposed to be in creative mode when playing wayward wonders?

• Advertisement

Are we supposed to be in creative mode when playing wayward wonders?
    Dunno. I set it to Creative to take a look around, but it started in Survival, so I'm putting it back & resetting it now.

Advertisement