Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Wooderson wrote: »
    Redo91 wrote: »
    I’m going tonight and also standing. Do you mind me asking how early you had to get there to get relatively close up even? Gates are 6:30 and was planning on arriving for 6. Heard queues were massive so don’t know will I be way back then.

Relax. If you’re there at 6 you’ll be right up the front with U2BRTHR and his weird little mates. That said, the show moves around so much you’ll miss tonnes.

If you’re there for 7.30 you’ll still find a perfect spec.
    Sounds good! Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Usually it says on the tickets what enterence you gotta go for...is it a free-for-all at any enterence to swipe your card or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

whiskeyman wrote: »

Sounds more like a Fine Gael Ard Fheis rather than a gig from that review.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

Fantastic gig-much better atmosphere than Belfast.
    Band in terrific form:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Usually it says on the tickets what entrance you gotta go for...is it a free-for-all at any entrance to swipe your card or what?

The ticket purchaser will get an e-mail directing them to the relevant entrance.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Thought the crowd were quiet too, but it's a f**kin Monday gig so was hardly gonna be mental.
    Enjoyed the gig, visuals are some of the best I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Thought the crowd were quiet too, but it's a f**kin Monday gig so was hardly gonna be mental.

Are there still likely to be more standing tickets released for Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

The ticket purchaser will get an e-mail directing them to the relevant entrance.

Afraid the email doesn't say where to go for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Wooderson

lc180 wrote: »

The "nerdiest" U2 show ive seen. Proper fans tour, if you get me. I reckon a lot of the ole olers were shrugging and going WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ghostmutt

The band gave it everything like they always do but the crowd, in my opinion, took a while to get going and it didn't have the spark of the 2015 shows. I did wonder if the screens were a little underused.

The age profile of the U2 crowd is moving on, I include myself in that so maybe not as up for it as we used to be. The 3 Arena staff asked guys in my section to sit down which I thought was poor form.

All that said I did have a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Had a restricted view ticket in the Upper block L, for the 40 odd euro I paid for it, was great value for money. I couldn't see the main stage only parts to the left and right but we had a big screen in front of us so could see the images that everyone else was seeing as well as the band. When the lads were inside the screen we looked directly at them. No problems with staff telling us to sit down etc.

Thought the crowd were a bit flat myself, but due to the fact as I wasn't down standing (way better atmosphere in 2015)? Thinking it was more of a mature crowd of die hard fans who travelled from abroad to see the lads in their own town, or the fact that it was a Monday night and people were straight in from work (as in hadn't time to drink beforehand)?

Either way they were on top form, great way to spend a Monday evening, would love to be going back to see them again this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Redo91 wrote: »
    I’m going tonight and also standing. Do you mind me asking how early you had to get there to get relatively close up even? Gates are 6:30 and was planning on arriving for 6. Heard queues were massive so don’t know will I be way back then.

Everywhere is close at this in fairness. Pick a side of the screen and aim for the middle of that part of the crowd tbh. Best view of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Don’t understand the crowd comments definitely where I was standing everyone was going mad I thought crowd was very loud really was buzzing off everyone else!

I would agree that it felt it was slightly subdued. Age profile around me was quite old. Maybe all the old puffins like me got Monday tickets. De yoof will be out in force at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    Sounds like everyone had a ball, I'm absolutely buzzing for Friday. I'm travelling from Cork and intend to use the red cow p&r, will it be full by 3pm do ye reckon? What is the journey time back after the gig? TIA

Plenty of room when I arrived after 6 last night. Got straight onto luas. Had taxi prebooked but couldn’t find me plenty of taxis waiting outside. Back at red cow 11:15

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Wooderson wrote: »
    I would agree that it felt it was slightly subdued. Age profile around me was quite old. Maybe all the old puffins like me got Monday tickets. De yoof will be out in force at the weekend.

I was sitting in block n & when people got up to dance the usher gestured to them to sit down which I thought was really strange. People waited until after intermission to stand up & dance and she didn’t stop them then.

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    I was sitting in block n & when people got up to dance the usher gestured to them to sit down which I thought was really strange. People waited until after intermission to stand up & dance and she didn’t stop them then.

I think Bono was looking for the front row to get a little more amped up, as opposed to the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

The front row - those at the rails?

The effing weirdos who queue for 4 days in the cold to get to the rail?

And then word is that some of the left during the encore last night to re-join the queue for tonight.

I have a special place in hell for them.

If it's the first row of the seats, well they're not allowed stand which is a poxy rule.
    The barrier needs to be adjusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Superb show, really enjoyed it. Arrived in around 8:15, perfect timing really, no queue straight in. The crowd was very loose which was great, as it made it easy to move away from the people that decided to record whole songs, I didn't really go to see the gig through other peoples' phone screens!
    There really isn't a bad standing/seat in the house, as they move around so much. I'd much rather see u2 in an arena than a stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Loved that gig last night. Anything with a bit of AchtungBaby is always going to be worth the money. Im going again Friday!

I also want to go again tonight! whats my best bet for getting a ticket? Dont fancy the 200 euro ones off ticketmaster to be honest. Wonder would I get any down at the venue if I went down early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, any spot is good if standing. I went in around 7.45 to the Belfast gig and was no more than 10 people back from the b-stage.

Let's face it, it's a 14,000 capacity venue. Even if you're right on the margins, you'll have a decent view equivalent to being in or around the pit at, say, a Slane gig.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

https://youtu.be/qd_HixUcII8

For anyone who wants to re-live last night. Full show ripped from someones Mixlr.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route too Dublin now

Possibly the last time i may see u2 play in 3arena or Ireland in fact

Achtung Baby to get me through this bus trip

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

The church bar had a u2 tribute on after the gig. Good atmosphere if you want to keep the party going. I think they are on every night of the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

Not liked any of their output since 97 but class to see Zoo Station in the set. Would have enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Tickets for the 3 remaining gigs are still popping up on TM.

Quite bizarre really.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

I was at the show in Belfast last Saturday night... Unfortunately we didn't make it in til quite late so ended up stuck well back from the side of the B stage. The crowd around us weren't that into it (yet still managed to completely block our view by trying to video the whole f**king show...). So it was a good, not great experience overall...

So I succumbed to temptation and the offer of a ticket from a workmate and went to see them again last night in the Point. We got there relatively early, started queuing around 6:20, grabbed a couple of pints and went left of the screen, straight to the little corner between the "red zone" the main stage and the runway. Standing with our backs to the red zone barrier had the added bonus of the barman in there serving bottles of beer and wine over to us up until about 45 minutes before the show :)

The view of the screen, the proximity to the band (who spent a lot of time at this corner of the main stage) and the lovely, completely up for it crowd in this area, along with the brilliant performance by the band, made it one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time... I was a sweaty, exhausted mess by about 20 minutes in!

So my advice is, get in fairly early, don't worry about being right up against the barriers - its important to get a decent view of the screen -and head for the little areas between the "red zones" and the stage as that's definitely where the most craic is to be had!

Gotta say, the Arena staff making people on the balcony sit down is completely out of order... In Belfast most of the people in the seats stood up from the word go and stayed standing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Did anybody get new tickets re-issued to them. I have paper tickets that i got in the post, but ticketmaster just emailed me new pdf tickets with different seats.

Advertisement