Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

CD quality leak is out there now......it's very very good. First couple of listens make me confident in thinking yeah, best since POP. Bono's sounding much more reigned in, and not straining his voice, which results in a much more natural sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Would love to hear them dust off the likes of Dirty Day, which I believe hasn't been played since the ZooTV tour. Can't imagine it, but we can always dream!

More chance of a full band version of Stay....Which would bring on a squirt tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

CD quality leak is out there now......it's very very good. First couple of listens make me confident in thinking yeah, best since POP.

It's almost a double album with the 13 tracks & then the extras.
    It's their finest songwriting in decades, not a dud nor filler to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Reviews seem very positive alright, although they're always positive initial reviews. Looking forward to giving it a listen.

Reviews seem very positive alright, although they're always positive initial reviews. Looking forward to giving it a listen.

If it carries on where the last album left off, I'm happy.
    Again though, I ain't heard a weak song on there and The Little Things and The Blackout are some of the best songs I've heard in a good while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Again though, I ain't heard a weak song on there and The Little Things and The Blackout are some of the best songs I've heard in a good while

I absolutely hate "You're The Best Thing About Me" but the other tracks I've heard are solid. Thought the second half of Songs of Innocence was strong, so if they can continue down that route, I'll be happy enough with it.

Its easy to forget they are all approaching 60. Even to still be producing moderately good stuff at this stage is a decent achievement.

bclar12 wrote: »

If you love the live version of Little Things, the studio version will blow you away!

If you love the live version of Little Things, the studio version will blow you away!

That song will always have a special place for me.
    The lyrics hit me like an absolute brick when I heard it.

I absolutely hate "You're The Best Thing About Me" but the other tracks I've heard are solid. Thought the second half of Songs of Innocence was strong, so if they can continue down that route, I'll be happy enough with it.

Its easy to forget they are all approaching 60. Even to still be producing moderately good stuff at this stage is a decent achievement.

EBW, California, Song For Someone, Raised By Wolves, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now, The Troubles are all tracks I really like tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The studio version is indeed a big improvement on the live version .

• Advertisement

it's a classic(little things). So much going on in the album. Loads to love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

it's a classic(little things). So much going on in the album. Loads to love.

Jeeckust you're making it hard to resist the urge now with the praise

Certainly wasn't expecting that opener

2 listens and I love it.

It's the closest thing to Passengers since......Passengers :D

Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way is a tune!

You're The Best Thing About Me is without doubt the most commercial thing on there

What's the riff at the start of the Summer of Love? It sounds sooooo familiar. Or very alike a recent song.

What's the riff at the start of the Summer of Love? It sounds sooooo familiar. Or very alike a recent song.

Return of the Stingray ?

Alot of the songs on the album are actually old songs that didn't make previous albums and have been reworked .

Riff reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/ri6Efk1SPJc

No Idea why

Haha ^ yeah actually! But it’s the high pitched guitar, like Drake one dance or chain smokers don’t let me down but more dancey. Arghhhhhh!

• Advertisement

Red Flag Day is a favourite so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sane people I respect on this thread saying nice things about the album. Well I never.

Tempted to go on the hunt for it... may wait till Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Wooderson wrote: »
    Sane people I respect on this thread saying nice things about the album. Well I never.

Tempted to go on the hunt for it... may wait till Fri.

Was just going to say the same thing!
    Jeez its refreshing to have some optimism and proper fan talk about this album instead of the usual tirade of gutter slinging!

I'm going to hold out until Friday to listen, I think downloaded music devalues it to a large degree. I love the feeling of walking into my local CD shop picking up the physical thing and checking out the artwork on the way home. The same goes for setlist watching, It seems a lot of people want to know every song they are going to play before they go see the gig to ensure they are playing the ones they like. why ruin the surprise!

Any who, I've heard the released songs so far and It certainly seems the new album will be very diverse. The Blackout was a nice open with some dark Achtung Baby sounds, I'm sure something every U2 would welcome back into the fold. The chorus however is far too poppy and conventional for me to the point of grating. On the plus side I love The Little Things, You're The Best Thing and whilst Get Out Of Your Own Way is very like an updated Beautiful Day it is still a great song on it's own merits and I'm sure will be great live in an arena! American Soul, the less said the better! Lucifer's Hand's and Volcano are far superior incarnations, as for Glastonbury....I hated it the first time I heard it and still very much do! Disappointed U2 would bother pursuing it for 7 years!

I caved and listened to the Youtube preview clips from Songs Of Experience.
    VVV Excited! Roll on Friday!!!

I have the exact same feeling that an earlier poster put up thinking this tour been Experience based will include more POP and Zooropa tunes!
    Here's Hoping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭weadick

Pity the @u2 forum closed down. I found it to be a great place to discuss stuff like new album releases and most of the time I wouldnt comment, just look at what others had to say. Bit petty from the mods tbh.

Going to do my best now to put off listening to the rest of the album until the physical release.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

8/10 very good album

what the set list for the tour will be like is another question

Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way is a tune!

You're The Best Thing About Me is without doubt the most commercial thing on there

Best song on the album for me ,I can see it being the final song of the upcoming tour.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    8/10 very good album

what the set list for the tour will be like is another question

Blackout, Little Things, Get Out Of Your Own Way, Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way and the album opener could very well be a gig opener, in the way People Have The Power was

I wasn't posting at the time, but what were early opinions of SOI prior to/at the time of release?

I wasn't posting at the time, but what were early opinions of SOI prior to/at the time of release?

Wasn't on here either but, I don't remember many negative reviews in general. Nothing like NLOTH.
    Think most of the "negativity" came from the iTunes thing, which I really don't understand.

I'll take free music from anyone

• Advertisement

Wasn't on here either but, I don't remember many negative reviews in general. Nothing like NLOTH.
    Think most of the "negativity" came from the iTunes thing, which I really don't understand.

I'll take free music from anyone

Well it worked on at least 1 person anyway. Wouldn't have had major interest in U2 before that appeared in my iTunes and I heard Iris for the first time.

Advertisement