Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2019, 23:47   #1
Thrashssacre

Dublin bus route creation

So doing a bit of crayon work here if you could create any Dublin bus/go ahead route where would it go and what route would it take to get there?

Personally I think a Lucan villiage to the square would be a good shout running via the Belgard road-fonthill road-castle road- ballyowen road-n4-Adamstown road and terminate at laraghcon estate.

Also I think a series of mini bus routes connecting swords with some of north Dublin’s rural communities such as naul,ballyboughal,oldtown and garristown.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 01:47   #2
thomasj

Blanchardstown centre to swords

serving navan road, broombridge luas, cabra, finglas, glasnevin, ballymun, santry avenue, swords road, Dublin airport and swords

Not only does it provide a service to the places mentioned it also provides a connection to the airport and swords for the cabra and phibsborough areas and to the areas served by the maynooth line and broombridge luas.
12-03-2019, 13:08   #3
AlekSmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashssacre View Post
So doing a bit of crayon work here if you could create any Dublin bus/go ahead route where would it go and what route would it take to get there?

Personally I think a Lucan villiage to the square would be a good shout running via the Belgard road-fonthill road-castle road- ballyowen road-n4-Adamstown road and terminate at laraghcon estate.

Also I think a series of mini bus routes connecting swords with some of north Dublin’s rural communities such as naul,ballyboughal,oldtown and garristown.
Something like the 166*.....?

https://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/6...allyfermot.pdf
Thanks from:
12-03-2019, 14:14   #4
Simona1986

Send a message via MSN to Simona1986
Carrickmines, Sandyford Ind Estate, Square Tallaght, Red Cow Luas, Liffey Valley SC, Blanchard's town SC, Dublin Airport, The Pavilions. All via M50
Thanks from:
12-03-2019, 14:28   #5
LeinsterDub

Look something like this https://www.busconnects.ie
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 14:34   #6
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simona1986 View Post
Carrickmines, Sandyford Ind Estate, Square Tallaght, Red Cow Luas, Liffey Valley SC, Blanchard's town SC, Dublin Airport, The Pavilions. All via M50
You want a vehicle limited to 65kmh to do that?
Thanks from:
12-03-2019, 15:06   #7
Simona1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich
Are they all? What about single decker coach style busses? Even still, at times that speed isn't possible on the M50. It's a route that would serve lots of orbital journeys
12-03-2019, 15:21   #8
LeinsterDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simona1986 View Post
Are they all? What about single decker coach style busses? Even still, at times that speed isn't possible on the M50. It's a route that would serve lots of orbital journeys
How would you get on to this bus ? Those is enter and exit the M50 at every junction ? Say at Blanch where would you board?
12-03-2019, 15:26   #9
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
You don't need to go end to end but it would be good to have a service that will bring you between outer points of dublin to another outer point without have to go through the city centre. e.g. Tallaght to Sandyford or Blanch to the Airport/Swords.
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 15:27   #10
loyatemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeinsterDub View Post
How would you get on to this bus ? Those is enter and exit the M50 at every junction ? Say at Blanch where would you board?
something like this?

https://goo.gl/maps/NrrShAxeTou

Google reckons 80 mins in a car that can do 120km/h, at least double that for a speed-limited bus with stops (assuming no traffic - is there much traffic on the M50 )

(I'm not convinced there's the demand for a route connecting up shopping centres around the M50, if there is why not go into Dundrum and Ikea while you're at it?)

Last edited by loyatemu; 12-03-2019 at 15:32.
12-03-2019, 16:05   #11
Simona1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu
Google reckons 80 mins in a car that can do 120km/h, at least double that for a speed-limited bus with stops (assuming no traffic - is there much traffic on the M50 )
None of that route is 120km/hr. Your points about the speed capability of the bus and the congestion on that route largely contradict either other...
12-03-2019, 16:06   #12
Simona1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeinsterDub

I was anticipating the bus to only stop at those places, not at each M50 exit. Is there nowhere at blach that could be configured for a bus to stop?
12-03-2019, 16:08   #13
Simona1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu
(I'm not convinced there's the demand for a route connecting up shopping centres around the M50, if there is why not go into Dundrum and Ikea while you're at it?)

Each of the stops typically themselves have decent transport connections, I excluded Dundrum as the traffic around there is a nightmare and the bus would be held up for a long time and it could be accessed from Sandyford via the Luas. IKEA isn't much of a destination compared to the other stops
12-03-2019, 16:25   #14
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashssacre View Post

Something like this?
12-03-2019, 17:16   #15
Thrashssacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
Something like this?
Yeah the start and end is right, just not the route it gives you in google maps my route was selected to hit as much housing and linked with as many other busses as possible.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion