Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Advertisement
07-03-2019, 21:19   #2
noelfirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashssacre View Post
Jaysus lads, they need to do some tidying up with some of those links. We're not far away from hexidecimal routes...
Thanks from:
07-03-2019, 21:36   #3
devnull

The timetable for the 38A has this gem of a footnote.

Quote:
cc Route 38b from Damastown to O'Connell Street via Blanchardstown Bypass
b Route 38b from Damastown towards Burlington Rd. via Blanchardstown Bypass
v Via Ballycoolin
c To City Centre
Indicating a service on the 38b with the letter c is pretty confusing.

Had a look a bit more and a lot of those new timetables have a fair number of route variations and they are not always very easy to understand.

39a
Quote:
c To city centre
f From Ongar and departs College Street at 23:30
v From Ongar via Corduff, Blanchardstown Village, Constitution Hill, North King Street, Queen Street, South Quays, Heuston Station, North Quays to Belfield
b From Castleknock at 05:10 to Ongar and departs Ongar at 05:20 via Corduff, Blanchardstown Village, Constitution Hill, North King Street, Queen Street, South Quays, Heuston Station, North Quays to Baggot Street

Last edited by devnull; 07-03-2019 at 21:39.
07-03-2019, 22:04   #4
KD345

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post

f From Ongar and departs College Street at 23:30
I’m guessing this needs to be updated to Westmoreland Street. The 39a hasn’t stopped on College Street since before the tracks were laid.
Thanks from:
07-03-2019, 22:05   #5
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
The 27 'enhancements' have been a bit torrid, the bunching up is incredible. I've seen 4 27s in a row at one point on Dame St. The 13 will end up doing exactly the same.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 11:32   #6
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD345
I’m guessing this needs to be updated to Westmoreland Street. The 39a hasn’t stopped on College Street since before the tracks were laid.
I think you mean D'olier street , Westmoreland street would be heading outbound to Ongar.
08-03-2019, 12:43   #7
sharper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
The 27 'enhancements' have been a bit torrid, the bunching up is incredible. I've seen 4 27s in a row at one point on Dame St. The 13 will end up doing exactly the same.
I haven't looked at the total list of changes (and DB don't make it easy because you have to compare the timetables yourself) but a lot of the enhancements in general seem to be off peak.

The DART improvements mostly benefit off peak as well.

Improving the service generally is great but I'd really like to see the commute experience get a bit better. Aside from my own needs that's when people are going to decide to give up and get a car.
09-03-2019, 13:11   #8
Dravokivich

Off peak services can be improved with more drivers, so less buses parked up during those slumps. But to improve peak services they'll need more buses.
09-03-2019, 14:08   #9
StreetLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
Off peak services can be improved with more drivers, so less buses parked up during those slumps. But to improve peak services they'll need more buses.
That's why they're building a new bus depot at Broadstone.
Advertisement
09-03-2019, 15:56   #10
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper
I haven't looked at the total list of changes (and DB don't make it easy because you have to compare the timetables yourself) but a lot of the enhancements in general seem to be off peak.
What do you define as peak these days?
09-03-2019, 17:17   #11
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLight View Post
That's why they're building a new bus depot at Broadstone.
I didn't know what the work was for up there. But if short term they can add services with drivers, theres no point advertising services that would need extra buses they don't currently have.
10-03-2019, 12:52   #12
sharper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
What do you define as peak these days?
Based on the timetables Dublin Bus seems to consider peak to be around 7-8:30am and 5-6:30pm.

My understanding is the DB fleet effectively increased by 10% since the routes transferred to Go Ahead but not the buses (or if they did they were replaced) or drivers.

I'm thinking of West Dublin here so I guess a factor is the depot layout and what drivers can operate where.
10-03-2019, 13:07   #13
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
My understanding is the DB fleet effectively increased by 10% since the routes transferred to Go Ahead but not the buses (or if they did they were replaced) or drivers.
Not quite right, a number of DB vehicles transferred to Go-Ahead towards the end of last year that were then replaced by brand new vehicles in Dublin Bus.

When routes went over to Go-Ahead, the Dublin Bus vehicles and staff formerly operating these routes were redeployed onto retained and new Dublin Bus routes to provide additional capacity.

The Dublin City bus network fleet has increased by approx 125 vehicles over what it was last year, when you take the combined Go-Ahead and Dublin Bus vehicles together, which is about a 15% expansion.
(4) thanks from:
10-03-2019, 13:27   #14
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper
Based on the timetables Dublin Bus seems to consider peak to be around 7-8:30am and 5-6:30pm.
It seems to differ based on routes. I have stood at wood quay at 7.30 at night waiting for a 39a. At that time of the evening the frequency would be every 20 minutes and buses would be quite full.

It would be quite common at that hour of the night to see 6 or 7 145s pass by at that hour of the night.
10-03-2019, 13:30   #15
thomasj

One thing I would say is that Irish rail , in conjunction with the NTA have changed the timetable of the maynooth line to every 30 minutes up to 9pm approx and the services are quite busy. The frequency change of this line has made it more popular.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion