Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulova or Steinhart

• 14-04-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Considering these two, possibly to buy in the next couple of months.
    Bulova Marine Star or Steinhart Triton.
    Both 45mm & automatic ( my first auto).
    Steinhart approx. €200 more than the Bulova.
    Appreciate opinions on either, don't know why but I'm leaning towards the Steinhart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Not farmiliar with either to be honest but just based on first impression looks wise i prefer the Steinhart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Interesting choices, the steinhart has a much higher specification

Looking at the specs - i'm not sure what movement the Bulova has - the Steinhart has saphire glass and double anti glare coating - this will make the watch stand out and look much better and its scratch resistant. I have a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage GMT and like it a lot. They are very well built watches with excellent movements. They are often looked down on as 'homage' watches but personally i have no issue with that. For the price they are excellent. Based in Germany so if anything goes wrong you have to post back - I had the numbers fade on mine and ha to fedex back to them (at their cost) to get fixed. No issues and fast turnaround. They have some lovely watches.

Good luck in choosing. I think I'd go for he Steinhart if there's only 200 euro in it.

Cheers,
    Mick

Bulova:

Case Material:
    Stainless Steel
    Case Diameter:
    Case Thickness:
    Functions:
    Automatic, Heartbeat Skeleton, Sub Second Hand
    Movement:
    Mechanical
    Glass:
    Mineral Crystal
    Water Resistance:
    0200M

Steinhart:

Movement
    ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré
    ETA 2824.2 elabore
    Swiss Made
    automatic
    25/26 Jewels
    second stop
    Functions
    Date at " 6"
    Crown at " 4 ", screwed
    automatic helium escape valve at " 2 "
    Case
    Titan satined
    Diameter 45 mm
    Height 15 mm
    Weight 148 g
    Lug width 24 mm screwed
    Sapphire glass flat, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
    Bezel black DLC, uni-directional / 120 clicks
    Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed
    Waterproof to 100 ATM
    Dial & hand
    Dial black
    Superluminova white / BGW9
    hour and minute, silver with Superluminova
    central second stop
    Strap & Buckle
    Strap Strap Vintage leather grey 24 x22 mm
    Buckle Buckle Titanium pin buckle, PRE-V 22mm screwed with logo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

I would say 45 mm is big.. so make sure you try on a simillar sized one before you buy... thats one issue with steinhart as you buy online its hard to get a feel for the watch size.. they will take it back if you don't remove stickers etc.. what size wrist have you?

Advertisement