Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2019 - Round 2 – Bahrain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Haha, LeClerc just matched Seb's track record from last year.

Jesus, fair fücks LeClerc!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Pole position? YEP
    Outright lap record? YEP

Get in there Charlie you absolute legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great lap by Charles Leclerc delighted for him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Ferrari in awkward position now. Wonder what's in Vettel and Le Clercs contract....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

recyclebin wrote: »
    Ferrari in awkward position now. Wonder what's in Vettel and Le Clercs contract....

All about the pit stops to switch them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Fine work, Leclerc is the real deal!

I hope he gets a good start tomorrow to make it as hard as possible for Ferrari to play team orders games

And I won a fiver on him for a little 3 euro bet :)

That tache on Seb is hilarious

Cool_CM wrote: »

:D I think it makes him look more German

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

All about the pit stops to switch them

Your inbox is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

2 laps good enough for pole. That's the way to take pole against 4 time world champ in your second race!

skipper_G wrote: »
    :D I think it makes him look more German

Hopefully he doesn't go too far down that Nigel Mansell route - especially given what happened the last time Ferrari had to make a call on their #1 driver status!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Cool_CM wrote: »

He is in the next reboot of magnum pi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Harika wrote: »
    He is in the next reboot of magnum pi

as Higgins !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd be amazed if Kvyat and Gasly dont swap seats sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

antodeco wrote:
    Sky commentators are so unbelievably boring!

Well, Chandook certainly is. Bring back Ted!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

chicorytip wrote: »
    Well, Chandook certainly is. Bring back Ted!

He was great on Ch4 because he was the "boring one" so he made more sense. Being an addition to all the other boring ones means his expertise is lost!

Hard to know what to make of Red Bull right now. Max was very competitive in Melbourne but the Ferrari was underperforming and Hamilton had some damage. Obviously Gasly struggled after the mess in qualifying but I was surprised he couldn’t pass the toro rosso on fresh soft tyres.

This weekend they look to be struggling. Poor from Gasly but luckily Max put in a strong lap right at the end to get 5th.

Be interesting to see how they go tomorrow.

Also good to see Bottas and Leclerc competing instead of the usual Hamilton/ Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Grosjean gets a three place grid penalty. He qualified 8th before the penalty, but will start in 11th now.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Grosjean gets a three place grid penalty. He qualified 8th before the penalty, but will start in 11th now.

Thoroughly deserved, the block on Norris was dangerous

Leclerc was consistent

BO3B3eT.png

Very visual to see how the Mercedes engine mode in Q3 kicks in and catapults them forward.

Harika wrote: »
    Very visual to see how the Mercedes engine mode in Q3 kicks in and catapults them forward.

Still didnt catapult them past Leclercs Q2 time.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Still didnt catapult them past Leclercs Q2 time.

From Q2 to Q3, everyone jumps a car length forward, the Mercedes 1 1/2 to 2 lengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Charles LeClerc. You absolute legend. Well played on getting that pole. You played a blinder.

Seeing this on Channel 4 tonight made me a happy man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Grosjean got pretty close to a race ban last year. He's on course for another (penalty) points haul this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What's the difference between this week's Ferrari and last weeks? Where have they found the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

recyclebin wrote: »

We'll Ferrari since the start seem adamant they don't mind who's winning, rather they just don't want battling that can cause mistakes or crashes.

Think quote was even today.

"Charles is allowed to go as fast as he can. He's allowed to go for pole, he's allowed to stay ahead. We are not stopping him doing that.

"I think it is important that our two drivers are not fighting and taking any risks battling together."

Maybe it's bull by Ferrari but for them I think it wouldn't matter if either Vettel or Leclerc win. If Vettel a multiple champion brings it back to them. Brilliant. If Leclerc a young driver many see as the next dominant person in the sport. Brilliant.

Hard to know if Vettel has something in the contract but I'm hopeful that there won't be any obvious messing about to give Vettel the win, at least not at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If they are running together on track it won't surprise me if they manage to get Vettel in front. That doesn't really worry me so much. Leclerc will have the beating of him and if he keeps doing what he did today, he will come out on top.

Advertisement