Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who have you seen live that isn't around anymore?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Judes wrote: »
    Keith Flint
    Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
    Dolores Riordan
    Ian Dury
    Tom Petty
    Glenn Frey
    John Martyn
    Paul Hestor (Crowded House)
    Esbjorn Svensson
    Michael Jackson
    Prince
    Kirsty MacColl

That's just first thoughts - I'm sure there are loads more band members that I can't think of. But wow Bodhrandude you've seen a lot. I'm happy that most of mine are still alive...…………….

Ah yeah, I forgot those two. Some great people on your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Ooops Seathrun - I misread and thought it was Bodhrandude's list - you've seen sooooooo many. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Judes wrote: »
    Ooops Seathrun - I misread and thought it was Bodhrandude's list - you've seen sooooooo many. :)

Live five decades and you get to see loads of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Phil Lynott
    Gary Moore
    Ronnie James Dio
    Lemmy
    Phil Taylor
    David Bowie
    Michael Hutchence
    Ronnie James Dio
    Paul Hester
    Steve Clarke
    Freddie Mercury
    Thomas McManus
    Rick Parfitt
    Malcom Young
    Cozy Powell
    Jon Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Live five decades and you get to see loads of people.

Me too - same time span :D now if we both started listing everyone we've seen "still alive"...……….. that would be some combined list...………………

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,769 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

****. Just looking through all of the other contributions here and I had forgotten or overlooked...

Bo Diddley
    Desmond Dekker
    Vic Chesnut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sad to say adding to my list with the news UFOs Paul Raymond has passed as a result of heart attack. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    Phil Lynott
    Gary Moore
    Ronnie James Dio
    Lemmy
    Phil Taylor
    David Bowie
    Michael Hutchence
    Ronnie James Dio
    Paul Hester
    Steve Clarke
    Freddie Mercury
    Thomas McManus
    Rick Parfitt
    Malcom Young
    Cozy Powell
    Jon Lord

One more I thought of and how could I forget? Cliff Burton. Saw him in the SFX in 86 when Hetfield had his arm in a cast from a skateboarding accident and they had a stand in guitarist.

I think the bus accident that took Cliffs life happened less than two weeks after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Christy Moore... Sorry he's still alive it's just his personality that died..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

George Michael....reason i mention george is ive just seen a guy play Belfast who is the re-incarnation of the man himself.

Rob Lamberti

Looks and more importantly the voice.. a special night.. if you get a chance to see him do not hesitate to do so..you will not be disappointed,, from a George Michael fan

• Advertisement
Advertisement