Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brexit Prep- Ireland and Int eh UK

• 22-02-2019 6:33pm

So this tweet starts chatting about how this tweeter, as an ethnic minority, is stockpiling in preparation for Brexit going very far South in London: https://twitter.com/sunnysingh_n6/status/1097996412393000967?s=21

I’m wondering myself...

How could Brexit go South for Ireland and the UK, and what would you preppers say is the difference in what someone in the UK should do to prep & someone here in Ireland?

In my mind WCS for the UK is the usual country falling apart stuff where it’s a matter of supply of essentials, but I think that here in Ireland we would have, in addition, the threat that the hardest of hardliners would see invasion as an option to solve the hard border problem.

So, what think ye? What are you doing to prep for Brexit?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We could have interrupted supply chains and a need for products to be changed to dearer airfreight. The UK may have nothing coming in at all.

We produce far more of our own food than the UK does. Retailers have been moving supply chains to avoid the landbridge for months.

You may find obscure brands - Ola not HB (packaged in the UK), Henkel laundry products, etc - replacing known ones and occasional shortages but I think that's about as bad as it'll get here in a worst case scenario. UK will be full on rationing in the same case.

Advertisement