Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube announces it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

King Mob wrote: »
    People who have the same common sense you use to decide that the vast majority of conspiracy theories are nonsense.

How do you decide between "real" conspiracy theories that are worth considering and "fake" conspiracy theories that can be dismissed out of hand?

We have to assume that the people who run Facebook and Google have common sense for that to work out don't we now? ;)
    I was referring to your notion that doctors do not study or recommend meditation. And to the idea that Edward Snowden didn't use mainstream media outlets to leak his information.
    Both of these things weren't true.

And again, of these conspiracies, all were broken in the mainstream media, not via randos in 4 hour long youtube videos.

I was clearly saying that meditation wasn't recommended by the vast majority of doctors. I believe that more and more are coming around to the idea, but it was seen as mumbo jumbo up until quite recently. If you believe any doctors at all were recommending 20 years ago then I simply won't believe you. I am saying this in the context of how something can be true, even before there is concrete evidence to support it.

Snowden is an example of a citizen who brought important information into the public domain. There'll be plenty more I'm sure. How they get that information out there is all the one to me once the public knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

We have to assume that the people who run Facebook and Google have common sense for that to work out don't we now? ;)

I was clearly saying that meditation wasn't recommended by the vast majority of doctors. I believe that more and more are coming around to the idea, but it was seen as mumbo jumbo up until quite recently. If you believe any doctors at all were recommending 20 years ago then I simply won't believe you. I am saying this in the context of how something can be true, even before there is concrete evidence to support it.

Snowden is an example of a citizen who brought important information into the public domain. There'll be plenty more I'm sure. How they get that information out there is all the one to me once the public knows.
    Sorry, that's 3 times you've avoided answering my question now.

If you wish me to reply to your other points, please go back and address that question.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    • The state of Pakistan fully acknowledging and accepting that he lived, and died, a stone's throw from their military academy (which was highly embarrassing for them)
    • A post-fact Pakistani investigation confirming he had lived there for 9 years
    • AQ accepting that he died in that raid
    • The US president and senators on both sides confirming his death
    • DNA samples taken from his corpse, and matching family members in the compound
    • The family members in the compound confirming (including his wives, 22 people in total)
    • No contradictory information from any other foreign intelligence agency (including hostile nations)

Ah come on, all of that evidence is coming from the exact same source, the American Secret Service. Who have a vested interest to lie about it.

It still could well be true. But its really not all that convincing.

Sorry, that's 3 times you've avoided answering my question now.

If you wish me to reply to your other points, please go back and address that question.

What specific question?

*Your replies are fairly long in fairness*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ah come on, all of that evidence is coming from the exact same source, the American Secret Service. Who have a vested interest to lie about it.

??

The US Secret Service have nothing to do with this

This information is coming from a multitude of diverse sources; e.g. the Pakistani government, the ISI, the White House, the Navy Seals, the family members, the locals who witnessed the raid, Al Qaeda, Republicans and Democrats

Your source appears to be one man

Remember, if you discard all those diverse sources THEN you are asserting there was an inside job (the US, the Pakistanis, Al Qaeda all working together)

• Advertisement

What specific question?

*Your replies are fairly long in fairness*

Only asked the one and I repeated it:
    How do you decide between "real" conspiracy theories that are worth considering and "fake" conspiracy theories that can be dismissed out of hand?

Bin Laden and other men and women were living in a large compound right next door to the Pakistani military academy. He was not in a cave in some remote hideaway mountain and could not be found. You naive if you believe the Americans did know he was there for nine years. Pakistani officials would have talked in the nine years.

Why do you think the Americans didn't share the raid info with the Pakistanis

Also don't speak about naivety, you entertain every crackpot conspiracy that pops into your head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Why do you think the Americans didn't share the raid info with the Pakistanis

Also don't speak about naivety, you entertain every crackpot conspiracy that pops into your head

Or Maybe they came to some agreement that was time to take him out and Pakistan was given something in return for allowing them to send Navy Seals in.

Or Maybe they came to some agreement that was time to take him out and Pakistan was given something in return for allowing them to send Navy Seals in.

Is the world one big choose-your-own-adventure to you or something?

Only asked the one and I repeated it:

King Mob

Hey, I specifically said in the first line of my first post on this thread...
    "Who decides what's blatantly false? Faceless names behind a multnational corporation?"

That's not fair man, that was my whole reason for posting on this thread in the first place! Everything else that has followed on has been from that initial position. You don't get to steal it from me and then accuse me of not answering 'your' question 3 times. That's direct copyright infringement bro! :)

I've been on boards a good few years and have very rarely posted on the conspiracy forum btw.

I just have an innate distrust of unaccountable, nameless, faceless people in a position of power, which I think is a more than fair logical position to hold.

• Advertisement

I just have an innate distrust of unaccountable, nameless, faceless in a position of power, which I think is a more than fair logical position to hold.

Can I ask who or what are you referring to?

Can I ask who or what are you referring to?

YouTube announces it will no longer...

I am referring to the OP of this thread.

YouTube announces it will no longer...

What the op was referring to.

Not sure why it's a question of trust, the people running a platform have decided they want to remove recommendations of disinformation and dangerous videos (fake medical advice)

I am pretty surprised they aren't removing that content altogether (although I expect that's in the pipeline somewhere)

Well you've yet again avoided my simple direct question. So I think it's not worth continuing this discussion.

Well you've yet again avoided my simple direct question. So I think it's not worth continuing this discussion.

You don't answer his questions why should he bother with yours?

Not sure why it's a question of trust, the people running a platform have decided they want to remove recommendations of disinformation and dangerous videos (fake medical advice)

I am pretty surprised they aren't removing that content altogether (although I expect that's in the pipeline somewhere)

There evidence they trying to remove people who are asking real questions about 9/11. I noticed they don't touch the people on Youtube who spread disinformation. They crazier your theory is on Youtube and more views you have they leave you alone. There a channel I watch sometimes he recently got a letter from Youtube saying they no longer monetize his videos. It very strange because his debunking the Bob Lazar claims and other kooky conspiracy information. His 9/11 research is really good, so I wondering if there some plan here to allow the more far-out theories to continue, but cripple the conspiracy channels of people who are rational and sane.

Alex Jones is an exception to my point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Come on some of this so called conspiracy **** don’t add up

This guy was laughing a few seconds before giving this interview but they cut it out

https://youtu.be/A4rwdriJpkc

Gonad wrote: »

This guy was laughing a few seconds before giving this interview but they cut it out

Yup, grief does weird things, my friend was laughing at his mother's funeral last year.

Unless of course you believe he's an "actor", in which case I have a lot of questions

There evidence they trying to remove people who are asking real questions about 9/11.

It's clear they are reducing the impact/footprint of pseudo-science and blatant disinformation on youtube, they literally highlight 911 as an example

"The examples the company cited include "promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, claiming the earth is flat, or making blatantly false claims about historic events like 9/11."

It's clear they are reducing the impact/footprint of pseudo-science and blatant disinformation on youtube, they literally highlight 911 as an example

"The examples the company cited include "promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, claiming the earth is flat, or making blatantly false claims about historic events like 9/11."

9/11 has evidence of conspiracy though there a big difference.

Claiming the earth is flat is ludicrous and can be debunked by just looking at the moon. Why would the earth look different from the moon? These people don't use common sense and logic to support their positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although youtube is a private company and can do what they like, every time they censor more content they shot themselves in the foot.

You're a holocaust denier who believes that you know more than the consensus of world historians. So you making a claim there is evidence of a conspiracy means zero.

Gonad wrote: »

I have a hard time believing this a real conspiracy. It happened. There local press who look into this, other children are attending the school and are likely friends with some of the children. Parents of other children alive would not hold back speaking about it if was fake Plus the local police and community would know if it was a conspiracy.

biko wrote: »
    Although youtube is a private company and can do what they like, every time they censor more content they shot themselves in the foot.

They aren't censoring the content, they are removing recommendations

Although in the future if they started to remove, e.g. pseudo-scientific anti-vaxx videos removed and I think you'll find most people won't be too bothered

You're a holocaust denier who believes that you know more than the consensus of world historians. So you making a claim there is evidence of a conspiracy means zero.

Holocaust researcher and a respected one at that believes what I do.,6 million number is wrong.

By your classification and point of view he is also a holocaust denier.:confused:

Holocaust researcher and a respected one at that believes what I do.,6 million number is wrong.

By your classification and point of view he is also a holocaust denier.:confused:

You are openly a holocaust denier who challenges only the Jewish figures and maintains that "the Jews" have exaggerated/manipulated the figures

Your views on historical events and what constitutes evidence is highly questionable

You are openly a holocaust denier who challenges only the Jewish figures and maintains that "the Jews" have exaggerated/manipulated the figures

Your views on historical events and what constitutes evidence is highly questionable

So does also a famous holocaust researcher, so by your definition, he is a holocaust denier.

So does also a famous holocaust researcher, so by your definition, he is a holocaust denier.

No, you don't understand or are pretending not to understand basic concepts involved. Despite people explaining them to you like an adult would describe to a child.

It's almost as if you are playing a character ;)

Then there's your grammar, you'll type highly complex sentences with perfect English, then in the next the sentence will be as if a 5 year old wrote it, I'll let people make of that what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Ya sure "evidence"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Yup, grief does weird things, my friend was laughing at his mother's funeral last year.

Unless of course you believe he's an "actor", in which case I have a lot of questions

Not saying it’s a hoax but a lot of strange **** about that situation . Here is a few of the teachers who were there that day and not one tear thinking back to small kids getting massacred
    Seems like they have some agenda they are pushing more than teachers who seen little kids getting blow away

https://youtu.be/grNzY4CQwnM

Advertisement