Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 Checklist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Think the coming winter is the last 'winter' time - I thought it was summer time we were sticking with??

Just got on the old Google machine there. Irish Times article from last October;

The Government has confirmed it will carry out a public consultation on whether the State should end the practice of changing the clocks in spring and autumn.

The last mandatory clock change is set to take place on Sunday, March 31st, 2019. Member states must notify the commission by April 2019 on whether they want to opt for permanent summer or winter time under the new structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Few more to be crossed off now... clocks, mothers day & waffle day all been & gone!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All updated!

You really can see the years progress now just looking at the list.

BGT is back and Easter Sunday gone too... getting to the time of year when things are coming fast...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

GAA championship started this afternoon with the Connacht fixtures.

• Advertisement

May Bank Holiday done and dusted. Eurovision I believe next on the hit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Eurovison gone off the list now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't keep up with this year! :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    Can't keep up with this year! :eek:

Was thinking that June bank holiday would be next on the list and then checked and three more things before then!

Came in for a look and see we're all up to date... was just thinking should we add Great British Bake Off to the list? I always think of that being a solid step on the way to the most wonderful time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Came in for a look and see we're all up to date... was just thinking should we add Great British Bake Off to the list? I always think of that being a solid step on the way to the most wonderful time of the year.

Agreed. Always reminds me of the darker evenings. When does it start again?

Loughc wrote: »
    Agreed. Always reminds me of the darker evenings. When does it start again?

Traditionally starts in August & runs through until late September.

JUne bank holiday & state exams starting can be crossed off now.

26 done and dusted. 49 to go!!

However only 2 more till half way there :)

Done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Make some updates !

There's only one update (longest day, day before yesterday) and I've made it now thanks.

Big double day tomorrow. :)

August b/h gone now, & i think Strictly have just 1 or 2 contestants left to announce (on that note, what a weak looking line up)

BT Christmas shop is up next! :D

• Advertisement

BT Christmas shop is up next! :D

Tomorrow week IIRC.

I see 100 days till the big one isn’t too far away :eek:

TRS30 wrote: »
    I see 100 days till the big one isn’t too far away :eek:

Sept 16th is 100 days 17th and we're into double figures!! When we get into double figures the pace picks up big time IMO....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

BT shop is open afaik & All Ireland Hurling final is over.

I know it's not on the list, but GBBO is back next week too :)

List updated- BT shop crossed off, as well as tubs of sweets appearing, as they've already been spotted.
    Bake Off added. :)

Strictly is back on 7th September for pairing up. Another surefire sign Christmas is coming, no word on X-Factor yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Rose of Tralee & Bake Off can get marked off now - with schools about to go

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Rose of Tralee & Bake Off can get marked off now - with schools about to go

Marked off, also added and marked off Christmas FM Announcing their charity partner.

Late Late Show and All Ireland Finals will be gone by this weekend too.

Things are starting to move very fast! :eek:

• Advertisement

Things are starting to move very fast! :eek:

Always said, once the kids go back to school the pace seems to pick up, obviously it's all perception but the weeks seem to really fly by.

Advertisement