Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

FrewBrews wrote: »
    I'm going to guess Bon Iver and/or Tame Impala. That'd be the dream.

Bon Iver could be a good shout , Id say Tame Impala are too big for B&S(but if they do get announced i might be tempted to go)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Im gonna guess Robyn and James Blake as possible headliners. Complete guesses though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Don't even like speculating for Body & Soul because you will just get let down. Bon Iver would be very nice, Kurt Vile is touring heavily around Europe at that time of year and has played before. Christine & the Queens is around too but maybe too poppy for body & soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

based on headliners in previous years, I'd say there's next to no chance of Bon Iver, let alone Tame Impala. both are way too big IMO.

James Blake/Robyn/Christine/Kurt Vile are good shouts, doubt B&S would be able to afford all of them though.
    thinking Spiritualized or Four Tet are headliner possibilities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

based on headliners in previous years, I'd say there's next to no chance of Bon Iver, let alone Tame Impala. both are way too big IMO.

James Blake/Robyn/Christine/Kurt Vile are good shouts, doubt B&S would be able to afford all of them though.
    thinking Spiritualized or Four Tet are headliner possibilities too.

James Blake would be perfect. Nick Cave headlined a few years ago so I'm not sure it's a case of B&S can't afford certain headliners or they're just scrimping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Eden festival in Scotland 6th - 9th June has typical types of B&S acts, so maybe some coming from there, wouldn't mind Macca B and the Robotics for a fun reggae act anyways. http://edenfestival.co.uk/line-up-2019/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭kwat

Line-up tomorrow according to their twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

kwat wrote: »
    Line-up tomorrow according to their twitter...

It would want to be good with the price they're charging. I'm not paying over 200 quid again for a terrible line up. I'll go to ATN instead as I'd say a lot of people are doing

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

tenor.gif

Yep,

Hoping for 11am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

keithkk16 wrote: »

No body likes evening announcements Body & Soul.... no body! no soul!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Will this work day ever end!

Will this work day ever end!

I checked their twitter about an hour ago hoping it would have been an early announcement. This day is already dragging along :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I checked their twitter about an hour ago hoping it would have been an early announcement. This day is already dragging along :(

They should do a version of groundhogs day, where we go through a day of suspense until 7pm and keep doing it until they get the lineup right!

This is probably very unrelated, but Belfast Vital is also making an announcement @ 7pm

Although their gigs are usually in August???

This is probably very unrelated, but Belfast Vital is also making an announcement @ 7pm

Although their gigs are usually in August???

Vital tends to be Oxegen lite acts very un B&S.

I dont think its worth even hazarding a guess at headliners (even though ive already backed tame impala and weezer) because they are so unpredictable. But maybe a guess at the Irish/smaller acts might work? A good few are already announced for ATN, so Im going to go with:

Vulpynes
    Wyvern Lingo
    All Tvvins
    Slow Place Like Home
    Dathai
    Bad Bones
    Makings
    Nialler9/Lumo Djs
    Sing Along Social
    Jinx Lennon
    Nix Moon
    Thumper
    David Kitt (not New Jackson)

Would love KKC, Fointaines, Murder Capital, Saint Sister, Pillow Queens etc but not sure they will play ATN and B&S. Some of the EP coverbands and regulars e.g. pogueology, these charming men, frank and walters etc would be class too.

Finally, since Susanne Sundfor didnt make it last year, Id like to see her this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Seeing as we are waiting around... a few of these would be nice;

Talos
    DJ Lycox (or any guys from the Príncipe label)
    Okzharp & Manthe Ribane
    Kate Rusby
    O Flynn
    The Blaze
    Les Amazones Afrique
    Whyte Horses

Also, it would be deadly if there was a fantasy festival league, where each player got say a million euro and had to book the best possible festival for the money!

• Advertisement

whelzer wrote: »
    The Blaze

Hopefully. Also hopefully Body and Soul will give them a late night slot rather than late afternoon like EP did.

I dont think its worth even hazarding a guess at headliners (even though ive already backed tame impala and weezer) because they are so unpredictable. But maybe a guess at the Irish/smaller acts might work? A good few are already announced for ATN, so Im going to go with:

Vulpynes
    Wyvern Lingo
    All Tvvins
    Slow Place Like Home
    Dathai
    Bad Bones
    Makings
    Nialler9/Lumo Djs
    Sing Along Social
    Jinx Lennon
    Nix Moon
    Thumper
    David Kitt (not New Jackson)

Would love KKC, Fointaines, Murder Capital, Saint Sister, Pillow Queens etc but not sure they will play ATN and B&S. Some of the EP coverbands and regulars e.g. pogueology, these charming men, frank and walters etc would be class too.

Finally, since Susanne Sundfor didnt make it last year, Id like to see her this year!

IF they are booked i shall be getting a ticket ASAP :pac:.

I was thinking The Raconteurs are back in Europe during the summer and no dates as of yet in Ireland

Any chance of Blossoms? They are supporting one or other of the Gallaghers in Malahyde in mid June, and then playing in Stockport on the Saturday of Body and Soul. Maybe, just maybe, they would stick around for the Friday of B&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89

whelzer wrote: »
    Seeing as we are waiting around... a few of these would be nice;

Talos
    DJ Lycox (or any guys from the Príncipe label)
    Okzharp & Manthe Ribane
    Kate Rusby
    O Flynn
    The Blaze
    Les Amazones Afrique
    Whyte Horses

Ooooh The Blaze would be so delish. You've got me hoping for that now!
    The past two years they've done the sunday takeover at reckless in love with mano le tough/drifter and the Maeve label. Wonder will it be the same or will they change that up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Also, it would be deadly if there was a fantasy festival league, where each player got say a million euro and had to book the best possible festival for the money!

Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega
    Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega
    Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Silent Disco - Lou Bega - Hot Chip Mega Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega
    Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega
    Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Lou Bega - Silent Disco - Lou Bega - Hot Chip Mega Mix

Need more Lou Bega

Need more Lou Bega

Nah. Just a little bit of Monica

these were the initial announcements in the last 5 years. I'm thinking far more likely to be Lampchop or Flight Facilities size-acts headlining this year, than a Tame Impala or a Weezer:

1981876_10153859903575514_2076203589_n-1.jpg?w=1020

10923271_10155290361120514_889923182352788776_o.jpg

bodyandsoul-line-up-2016-1024x569.png

img_4713.jpg

untitled-design-2-1-750x300.png

Any leaks yet or false posters. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

is the only basis for the Weezer prediction they have a gap in their schedule that date? lol

Advertisement