Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard 2019

• 10-12-2018 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭

Their social media updates are hinting at an announcement soon, I suppose in the light of the Forbidden Fruit and ATN announcements and EP selling out they will want to be getting in on the act. It should be interesting to see what they come up with.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Really enjoyed it last year. Was living nearby which helped, but nice set-up, interesting food and drink options and Kamasi Washington blew my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't know if this is happening now, they made announcements in December 2017 for the 2018 one, I hope its not following the same route as Castle Palooza.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Don't know if this is happening now, they made announcements in December 2017 for the 2018 one, I hope its not following the same route as Castle Palooza.

Theyre selling tickets so it would be a bit late to cancel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

It'd be mad if the arrival of ATN that weekend led to the demise/rescheduling of two other festivals!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It'd be mad if the arrival of ATN that weekend led to the demise/rescheduling of two other festivals!

Well Castlepalooza stopped going for bigger international acts around 2016 and focussed on a smaller festival with an Irish focus, and that was before ATN was even a glint in John Reynolds' eye. So if ATN was a factor in Castlepalooza's decision to take a break, it's only one factor.

Personally I think that ATN made life harder for themselves than they needed to by going into a weekend with so much competition. Sure it's one of three summer bank holidays so it's an ideal weekend for a festival, but I feel like they could spread the summer festivals out a bit more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Myself and my husband were chatting about this the other day. Early December they released A post saying there would be news ‘very soon’. 2 and a half months later - nothing. We went last year but I bought a ticket to ATN this year instead. Himself hanging on because he loved beatyard last year and it’s walking distance from our house. Last year was cracking but standing for three days on the concrete was a killer for me.

Not looking good if all had gone silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

kg703 wrote: »
    Myself and my husband were chatting about this the other day. Early December they released A post saying there would be news ‘very soon’. 2 and a half months later - nothing. We went last year but I bought a ticket to ATN this year instead. Himself hanging on because he loved beatyard last year and it’s walking distance from our house. Last year was cracking but standing for three days on the concrete was a killer for me.

Not looking good if all had gone silent.

I'm hoping for a nice lineup as I gave ATN a miss this year.

Did it feel crowded? Did you get sitting at any point?

It was busier last year than it was in 2017 IMO, but with the sunshine you are always going to get more people out. There are seats at benches and in deck chair lounges, but mostly if you want to sit you have to sit on the ground.

I hope it's on this year as well, even though I am probably going to ATN. I think they had a better lineup last year than ATN did. But it is a bit unsatisfactory that it ends at 10.30, knowing that ATN is probably only getting going at that time of the night!

It was busier last year than it was in 2017 IMO, but with the sunshine you are always going to get more people out. There are seats at benches and in deck chair lounges, but mostly if you want to sit you have to sit on the ground.

I hope it's on this year as well, even though I am probably going to ATN. I think they had a better lineup last year than ATN did. But it is a bit unsatisfactory that it ends at 10.30, knowing that ATN is probably only getting going at that time of the night!

Good value for money with those 2 for 1 early bird tickets.

Hope they drop some news soon.

Good value for money with those 2 for 1 early bird tickets.

Hope they drop some news soon.

[hipster]They were 3 for 1 tickets last year[/hipster]

• Advertisement

[hipster]They were 3 for 1 tickets last year[/hipster]

Wow. Also another feet that I forgot about.

Groove festival... That'll have to announce as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wonder would have they moved to the June Bank Hol since Madness have announced for that weekend?

I'll tell ya one thing, if they do announce and Aphex Twin is in the lineup I will burn the place to the ground. :D:D:pac::pac:

I'll tell ya one thing, if they do announce and Aphex Twin is in the lineup I will burn the place to the ground. :D:D:pac::pac:

Thankfully it being outdoors and near the sea i should be able to swim to safety.

It never felt crowded, the Sunday was the busiest but we walked right up to the stage front for loads of acts. The bars got a little busier on Sunday. With the sun shining it was really a great weekend. My main issue was the concrete after three days of standing all day on concrete, sitting on concrete for a rest my back was in bits and I am a thirty year old with no back issues.

If there’s a great line up announcement I’d be a bit sick. Although one of my favorites was the complete unknown of confidence man, they were great on stage and had the place hopping after having to fill in last minute for st Germain. Real fun act.

It never felt crowded, the Sunday was the busiest but we walked right up to the stage front for loads of acts. The bars got a little busier on Sunday. With the sun shining it was really a great weekend. My main issue was the concrete after three days of standing all day on concrete, sitting on concrete for a rest my back was in bits and I am a thirty year old with no back issues.

If there’s a great line up announcement I’d be a bit sick. Although one of my favorites was the complete unknown of confidence man, they were great on stage and had the place hopping after having to fill in last minute for st Germain. Real fun act.

The nordic looking couple who ran around on stage in their underpants? It was certainly a fun act! They had played earlier as well so had to strip off, put their clothes back on and strip again for the evenig gig

When i was at Nos Alive this whole area was concrete, but they lay down this fake grass, this grass has little spikes in them and gives your feet and butt cushioning.

But yeah, i'm in my 30s but Concrete is hard on us all. And the back suffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Now that ATN family tickets are sold out I'm hoping for a big announcement soon! Went the year before last and enjoyed it. Totally different vibe to ATN obviously but it's so damn convenient!

Has anyone been to Groove festival and what have your thoughts been.

They've pulled some nice acts over the years, Darkness, Primal Scream to name a few plus some of the best of Irish.

Has anyone been to Groove festival and what have your thoughts been.

They've pulled some nice acts over the years, Darkness, Primal Scream to name a few plus some of the best of Irish.

Didn’t like it. Felt like a kids picnic. If you’ve a family it’ll be great.

• Advertisement

The nordic looking couple who ran around on stage in their underpants? It was certainly a fun act! They had played earlier as well so had to strip off, put their clothes back on and strip again for the evenig gig

They are actually so Aussie it hurts but yeah a lot of fun!

Just got an email now with the two for one ticket offer and says line up and general sale starts next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kg703 wrote:
    Just got an email now with the two for one ticket offer and says line up and general sale starts next week

Is there a promo code? Thanks

Lighthouse

Expires at 12 tonight FYI

When is the announcement for this?

Expires at 12 tonight FYI

Seems to have been extended to 3rd March. But keep an eye out.

With regards to announcements it says 'soon'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

They'll hardly announce anything before that deal runs out will they? Try bank a few ticket sales beforehand from regulars

They'll hardly announce anything before that deal runs out will they? Try bank a few ticket sales beforehand from regulars

I honestly don't know, on social media they are evasive when mentioning when acts will announce.

Also on their email the deal runs out tonight 12am.

Although the website itself (when you've entered the code) says till March 3rd (Sunday)

I would hope for an announcement this evening, if not I'll still prob buy the 2 for 1 deal tonight just in case today actually is the last day.

50euro for two days of music etc isn't bad as i'm not going to ATN or B & S.

• Advertisement

Ended up buying yesterday just in case the deal expired.

It's still there today.

Hoping for an announcement to keep the weekend full of things to listen to.

Advertisement