Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 MLB Postseson Thread

• 02-10-2018 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

For the upcoming postseason and World Series discussion......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wild Card Games

Rockies @ Cubs - 1am tonight
    Athletics @ Yankees - 1am Wed night/Thurs morning

Thursday - NLDS starts
    Friday - NLDS continues, ALDS starts.

Lets go Dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I fancy the As to go to the bronx tomorrow night and win a slugfest in extra innings.They have the bats to go toe to toe with the yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

I fancy the As to go to the bronx tomorrow night and win a slugfest in extra innings.They have the bats to go toe to toe with the yanks.

I can see a huge storm as the Bombers bomb out as well. Really impressed with the A's. Think their bullpen will be the difference.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I can see a huge storm as the Bombers bomb out as well. Really impressed with the A's. Think their bullpen will be the difference.
    At the same time it would be great to see a yankees vs red sox series

• Advertisement

The wildcard games are very exciting but the ine negative is they seem to take forever .I remember watching the yankees and twins last year and it went on for over 5 hours.The 1st inning lasted over an hour.I supose the lenght is down to all the pitching changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yankees go with Severino for the WC game - bit surprised at that, thought Happ would be a better choice (even after he gave up a grand slam on Friday night).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

The wildcard games are very exciting but the ine negative is they seem to take forever .I remember watching the yankees and twins last year and it went on for over 5 hours.The 1st inning lasted over an hour.I supose the lenght is down to all the pitching changes.
    Been one and done games, everyone is available so pitchers have alot shorter leash that normal.

Tonight I guess the Cubs have to be favourites given they are home again and the Rockies have had to take 2 travel days in a row and that might catch up with them. Hopefully not as I'd like to see the Rockies have a run...

Not a bad start in terms of excitement.

Bye bye cubs see ya next spring.Wasnt a great game in terms of batting but it had drama and thats what your looking for.Roll on tonight gonna be a belter.

• Advertisement

Bye bye cubs see ya next spring.Wasnt a great game in terms of batting but it had drama and thats what your looking for.Roll on tonight gonna be a belter.

I was a little surprised to see the Rockies pull out the W last night.
    Their last three nights have been in
    Denver
    LA
    Chicago

The one thing I'll say, is that they've been on a good run. Won 10 of their last 12.
    I expect the Brewers to be too fresh for them though.

I feel for the Cubs a little though. Joint best record in the NL, and lose the WC game.
    They would have been better off throwing their last game or two, to avoid the tie-breaker game.

The Bombers got the job done anyway. It was probably over as soon as Judge hit the HR in the 1st though the A's had their chances. Severino was good without being dominant, he really struggled with his change-up/slider as A's weren't chasing much outside the zone.

Anyway, first Red Sox - Yankees postseason series since 2004. Can't wait.

I’ve heard a few commentators describing the ‘opener releiver’ strategy the past few days so once the Yankees blew that plan out of the water, it was always going to be a struggle for Oakland to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,942 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hey, fix the thread title! PostseAson

Sigh. Y*****s move on.

Yankees win was probably a good thing for the Playoffs
    3 out of the 4 DS matchups look pretty tasty from a fair weather fans perspective

Yankees win was probably a good thing for the Playoffs
    3 out of the 4 DS matchups look pretty tasty from a fair weather fans perspective

I think they all look tasty. Looking forward to them all.

I think they all look tasty. Looking forward to them all.

Yeah, Rockies vs Brewers should be good, but it wont get the media attention that the other 3 receive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,942 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yeah, Rockies vs Brewers should be good, but it wont get the media attention that the other 3 receive

Rockies seem to have pretty good pitching. Not something you'd normally attribute to them. Should be a fine series. Here's hoping some surprising team gets through, enough already with the Y*****s, Dodgers, Red Sox...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Comfortable enough win for the Yankees last night. The Judge HR really tore up the A's plans. Trivino pitched well. Severino getting out of the bases loaded jam really turned it, was hard to see the A's coming back then. That Hechavarria catch was unreal!

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Hey, fix the thread title! PostseAson

I can't help but seeing this every time I see the thread now :(

And just to be a d***, I’m not going to change it.....!!!!

So who are the neutrals rooting for? I’d like to see Milwaukee win it and if not them, maybe Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

Brewers over Rockies in 4
    Braves over Dodgers in 5

Indians over Astros in 5
    Red Sox over Yanks in 3

Brewers over Braves in 7

Red Sox over Indians in 6

Red Sox win it all in 5

Rockies over Brewers in 4
    Dodgers over Braves in 5

Indians over Astros in 4
    Yankees over Red Sox in 5

Dodgers over Rockies in 6
    Yankees over Indians in 5

Dodgers over Yankees in 6

Might be time to watch ‘4 Days in October’ again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

So who are the neutrals rooting for? I’d like to see Milwaukee win it and if not them, maybe Colorado.
    Indians v Rockies in the World Series final as we all know the MLB heads would love it to be Dodgers v Yankees :)

Interesting reading about Oakland's pitching approach to the game last night. Apparently they had been planning a bullpen roster for most of September, indeed their WC roster only had one starter in it. For all his regular season success with limited payroll, Billy Beane still hasn't figured out the postseason.

Yelich at it again.

• Advertisement

Yelich at it again.

Marlins fans must be sick that they had the 2017 NL MVP and the likely 2018 NL MVP on their roster this time last year.

Advertisement