Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Learning stable management and ground work? Limerick area

• 19-09-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Would there be any place, reachable from Limerick, where an adult could learn the aspects of horsemanship that are not riding? Grooming and tacking and so on seem to go under "stable management", and I am also interested in ground work.

I am taking riding lessons but definitely miss the other pieces of the puzzle. The place where I am taking them (Ballyhoura Horse Trekking) does not as yet offer the other things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

You could try Clonshire in Adare maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks, I'll give Clonshire a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Clonshire do not seem to do it but the trainer at Boskill (Caherconlish) said it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ring up all your local stables and ask. Ask if you can volunteer at weekends or something and that you are interested in learning. Just a suggestion :)

I can't find any courses online in the Limerick area I don't know Limerick at all though.

Advertisement