Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Donate Wheelchair ??

• 27-08-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Afternoon all

Any ideas of anywhere that might want a used wheelchair + a number of walking sticks ?. Would like them to go to somewhere that needs them. I can offer free on Adverts etc - but suspect items get hoovered-up then appear for sale !.

Thanks, K

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Try https://www.enableireland.ie

They should be able to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭lulu1

Contact irish wheelchair assocciation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Tony H

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Any ideas of anywhere that might want a used wheelchair + a number of walking sticks ?. Would like them to go to somewhere that needs them. I can offer free on Adverts etc - but suspect items get hoovered-up then appear for sale !.

Thanks, K
    hi sorry to bump an slightly old thread but did yoou have any success in donating the wheelchair ?
    We have an electric profiling bed , an electric hoist and a wheelchair with a assist motor which can be attached when needed
    our local hospital can’t accept them because of health and safety regs , they cost the guts of €5000 and were only used briefly as my father in law passed away shortly after they were purchased .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

If you are in Dublin contact the NRH in Dun Laoghaire they may take them. I know that items like the aluminium walking sticks are cheaper new than to sterilise them so they often won’t take them.

Tony H wrote: »
    hi sorry to bump an slightly old thread but did yoou have any success in donating the wheelchair ?
    We have an electric profiling bed , an electric hoist and a wheelchair with a assist motor which can be attached when needed
    our local hospital can’t accept them because of health and safety regs , they cost the guts of €5000 and were only used briefly as my father in law passed away shortly after they were purchased .

Hi could you tell me what is an assist motor please?

• Advertisement

lulu1 wrote: »
    Hi could you tell me what is an assist motor please?

this video shows what it is

https://youtu.be/hvElRhfChc0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I am a home care assistant. I believe I may have a person who would take this equipment as he was renting it at the moment but will have to buy soon asa far as I know.

Red Hare wrote: »
    I am a home care assistant. I believe I may have a person who would take this equipment as he was renting it at the moment but will have to buy soon asa far as I know.

Hi Would this person not get all the equiptment from their ot save him renting it

He doesnt have a medical car so the HSE won't give him anything - even pads.

Red Hare wrote: »
    He doesnt have a medical car so the HSE won't give him anything - even pads.

God that's terrible hope he gets sorted soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi does the assisted motor fit any manual wheelchair?

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi does the assisted motor fit any manual wheelchair?

as far as I know it only fits on wheelchairs that have the connection to mount it

the motor is used to aid a person pushing the wheelchair , I have both

as far as I know it only fits on wheelchairs that have the connection to mount it

the motor is used to aid a person pushing the wheelchair , I have both

this is a photo of the wheelchair

Hi Tony - I will take that wheel chair off you if you are still offering, also I think I know a person who would take the bed and hoist .

I am sending you a private message Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Did you get sorted?

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted?

We actually donated the equipment to The Chernobyl Greater Cause two days ago , a charity that runs hospices in Russia , had someone that would have taken the wheelchair in Dublin but had no way to get it up there .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 SteveCloony

Hi Raven! The next time you'll have one, give it to a hospital or a home for the elderly. You'll receive a big "Thank you"! There are a lot fo these institutions that need equipment, especially for disabled people. The wheelchair that they have are old and might even not be functional. I'm not talking about the ones from the big cities, no, but about the ones from the little villages. Half a year ago, I and some friends bought a few wheelchairs from a Paramountind.com (enter site) and donated them to a local elderly house. And we didn't just bring and leave in the basement, we took them to the elders in need. I hope you'll have the chance to feel what we felt when they thanked us.

Advertisement