Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Woman's World Cup (London)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Christ that was cheeky!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That was some skill to do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Booooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,959 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Holy ****ing ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A packie Bonnar moment for the Irish women's hockey team.

And a David O'Leary one.:D

Amazing. One of the great Irish sporting achievements, delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nice 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

Brilliant stuff. Listening to the BBC 5 Live commentary, they have been amazingly supportive of the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Deserved I think.....they shaded the 60 minutes, definitely not second best

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

My stream cut out during just after the Spanish girl started her run, what a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Hockey's coming home!

blackcard wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff. Listening to the BBC 5 Live commentary, they have been amazingly supportive of the Irish.

It's a huge achievement : this is a sport dominated by Olympic powerhouse nations

Has any Irish team ever played in any senior World Cup final in any sport? I don't believe so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Not generally an admirer of George Hamilton but you can deny that he always swots up thoroughly on whatever he is covering...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Top class. That penalty shootout almost stopped my heart

blackcard wrote: »

because of the North

Top class. That penalty shootout almost stopped my heart

It was on an absolute knife edge : I thought Spain were going to win it as it came towards the end....it felt like momentum was slipping away

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

because of the North

Likely not.

British media normally support Ireland in most sports, the complete opposite of us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's a huge achievement : this is a sport dominated by Olympic powerhouse nations

Has any Irish team ever played in any senior World Cup final in any sport? I don't believe so

First ever !!

What channel will it be on to tomorrow?

Gas is on one and European championships on the other and I think the gaa is on rte news aswell.

• Advertisement

My stream cut out during just after the Spanish girl started her run, what a disaster

Great winner from Pender if you didn't see it.....it was like Chloe Watkins the other evening, full of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭blackcard

NIMAN wrote: »
    Likely not.

British media normally support Ireland in most sports, the complete opposite of us

Yes, I find British commentators to be generous to the Irish

Yes I suppose if you include snooker and probably others, but doubt anything comparable to this. This is in another stratosphere entirely.

Considering where they were just 2 years ago, after missing out on Rio, it’s simply incredible what they’ve done.

Great winner from Pender if you didn't see it.....it was like Chloe Watkins the other evening, full of confidence

No missed them :( And all the RTE clips are blocked outside of Ireland

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    First ever !!

Gas is on one and European championships on the other and I think the gaa is on rte news aswell.

RTE2 of course.....they will ditch the European Championship coverage for this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bandwagonner here.

Great achievement, very much deserved. Country should get behind them.

Be hard to get this on tv tomorrow, I assume it'll be scheduled for after hurling (should finish at 4). But gaa football games on rte 1 and news now too. Has to be shown!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Trte might have to come into play.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    First ever !!

Dublin v Roscommon in the Super 8s. Its an irrelevant dead rubber. RTE should ditch it. Congrats to the team. Our first participation in a final of a senior standard world team competition awaits.

Yes I suppose if you include snooker and probably others, but doubt anything comparable to this. This is in another stratosphere entirely.

Considering where they were just 2 years ago, after missing out on Rio, it’s simply incredible what they’ve done.

Definitely in terms of outdoor field sports anyway.....even no under 20/21 team in soccer or rugby has ever done it, never mind the seniors

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Bandwagonner here.

Great achievement, very much deserved. Country should get behind them.

Be hard to get this on tv tomorrow, I assume it'll be scheduled for after hurling (should finish at 4). But gaa football games on rte 1 and news now too. Has to be shown!

There is no way RTE are not televising Ireland live in a World Cup final, whatever has to be ditched will be ditched :)

Advertisement