Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance grant amount for studying in Holland

• 28-10-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was confused on how much I'm entitled to for maintenance to study a level 8 course in The Netherlands next year.
    I know you don't receive Tuition fees.

My threshold is around €37,000 so it's less than the €39,875 threshold which says I'm entitled to 100% maintenance grant. But does that mean I'm only entitled to €336 even though I'm studying abroad? Like far away?
    I want to know exactly how much maintenence grant I would get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

natwalk10 wrote: »
    I was confused on how much I'm entitled to for maintenance to study a level 8 course in The Netherlands next year.
    I know you don't receive Tuition fees.

My threshold is around €37,000 so it's less than the €39,875 threshold which says I'm entitled to 100% maintenance grant. But does that mean I'm only entitled to €336 even though I'm studying abroad? Like far away?
    I want to know exactly how much maintenence grant I would get.

My son back in 2013 went to Germany for his third year, he received the same maintenance grant as he did in his 1st and 2nd year of a level 8 course, he was in receipt of a 100% grant as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 natwalk10

My son back in 2013 went to Germany for his third year, he received the same maintenance grant as he did in his 1st and 2nd year of a level 8 course, he was in receipt of a 100% grant as well

So you don't get more for studying abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

natwalk10 wrote: »
    So you don't get more for studying abroad?

No. Maybe there is and we did'nt know about it, you could ask Susi, But to be honest and i could be wrong but i would say there is'nt

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'll receive the 100% maintenance @ Non adjacent rate. €3,025 vs €1,215.

Its the same benefit of a Galwegian studying in Dublin. Once you hit the threshold it the same for 100KM or 2000KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FakePie

Where do I enquire to find out more about this?

Citizens information?

Or call Suzi?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Are study grants from SUSI still available for those who wish to study overseas??

Advertisement