Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It's miserable outside and I'm snuggled up on the couch with my two ladies watching frozen. Yes, it's been watched ad nauseum here but not in the last few months, so now the 21 month old is singing along too :)

I love that film :) and I don't even have the excuse of having girls :o all boys here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The postman dropped a padded envelope in the letterbox earlier and I was super confused because I'm only waiting on deliveries from Amazon through Parcel Wizard and hadn't ordered anything else. Turns out I won a DVD and no one told me before they sent it out. Nice little extra Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

All my decorations are up, just need to wrap all the gifts tonight and then hubby is back tomorrow for the unveiling, almost as excited as christmas eve

When I look at all I've put up, I think how empty the house looked the first Christmas we were here with one little tree

The Tesco self service jingle bells and 'Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas' when you finish your transaction always cheers me up no end!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Tesco self service jingle bells and 'Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas' when you finish your transaction always cheers me up no end!

I got that last week as well, I was very happy walking away haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Only 1 week until Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Today is my last day in the office! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Today is my second last day in the office! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

This time next week!!!! I'm so excited. Not finishing work until Wednesday evening. I'll head out for a few drinks then and bask in the atmosphere. Roll on the 25th!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

I have read here in previous years with much envy. My OH and I bought our dream home three years ago. Before moving in he was taken ill, spent Christmas 2012 and 2013 in hospital plus lots of other hospitalisations. Last year I ended up in hospital on Christmas Eve with pneumonia. This year we are doing well. My brother, SIL and little nephew are staying with us for Christmas so Santa will be stopping by. I am beyond excited and never thought I would experience a Christmas like this. Thinking of everyone who is facing a difficult Christmas.

• Advertisement

Eleysian wrote:
    I have read here in previous years with much envy. My OH and I bought our dream home three years ago. Before moving in he was taken ill, spent Christmas 2012 and 2013 in hospital plus lots of other hospitalisations. Last year I ended up in hospital on Christmas Eve with pneumonia. This year we are doing well. My brother, SIL and little nephew are staying with us for Christmas so Santa will be stopping by. I am beyond excited and never thought I would experience a Christmas like this. Thinking of everyone who is facing a difficult Christmas.

God bless us, everyone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I hope you and your family have a happy and healthy Christmas, and many more, Eleysian. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Posy wrote: »
    I hope you and your family have a happy and healthy Christmas, and many more, Eleysian. :)

Wow Posy - thank you so much! And the same to you and your family. A big shout out to the fantastic people who post about Christmas here on Boards. I am nearly crying with the happiness of it all.

It's Christmas week!

Today I realised we're already over 5% of the way through the year! :D

Also I am very cheerful to have boards back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Also I am very cheerful to have boards back.

Me too, it's crazy how much i missed it. Also, I'm sunning myself on Koh Samui so Ive lots of reasons to be cheerful 😀🌴

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Me too, it's crazy how much i missed it. Also, I'm sunning myself on Koh Samui so Ive lots of reasons to be cheerful 😀🌴

Wait you left without us!!! :pac:

Have a great time you lucky duck. I'm currently looking out the window at heavy rain and wind.

Loughc wrote: »
    Wait you left without us!!! :pac:

Have a great time you lucky duck. I'm currently looking out the window at heavy rain and wind.

I looked everywhere for you but the site was down :pac::pac:

Some sun would be nice right now! Enjoy, Cork Lass.

My reason to be cheerful is that I have my husband back home! \o/

• Advertisement

It was bright going to work this morning and we are one month closer to Christmas! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I just got some discounted Christmas chocolate in M&S :)

Scarinae wrote: »
    I just got some discounted Christmas chocolate in M&S :)

That's my favourite kind of chocolate

Discounted Valentine's Day chocolate is my favourite kind of chocolate. :D We don't celebrate Valentine's Day but I'm glad it's a thing so I can have discounted chocolate after it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm going to Finland on a work trip tomorrow. I just found out that we're going on a REINDEER SLEIGH RIDE on Tuesday aaaaaagggghhhhh so excited!!!

I'm going to Finland on a work trip tomorrow. I just found out that we're going on a REINDEER SLEIGH RIDE on Tuesday aaaaaagggghhhhh so excited!!!

OMG So jealous. Try to take pictures!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I really fancy going to somewhere like this. Definitely piccys please. :p

That sounds amazing loughc. I hope you have a great time. Don't forget the carrots 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Into the "two hundreds" on the countdown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just booked Berlin for 2nd December for the Christmas markets for my friends Sthen!

Advertisement