Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Pherekydes wrote: »
    My Sky guide has it on BBCNI @ 1230 on Sunday. :confused:

Perhaps it is, Entertainment Ireland has it listed as well, however on the BBC schedules website it says it's not on in Northern Ireland. I'll try to tune in BBC Two England this evening anyway if I can on my Sky box if I haven't already got it, just in-case.

I hate it when they show some boring local crap instead of Athletics, and I'm from the north too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Live coverage by RTE this Sunday from 12.25 pm on RTE2!

I'm feeling dizzy. :pac:

I see on RTE's coverage the commentary is by Steve Cram and Brendan Foster. That is quite the coup for RTE ;)

Seriously though, I guess they are just picking up the BBC commentary when the race starts. I'd say there's a good chance I will watch this on BBC Two anyway, even though its on RTE as well.

Highlights of Daegu on Eurosport HD at 10am and repeated again at 12pm I think on either Eurosport 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

On British Eurosport - going to hop on the treadie now and catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

G-Money wrote: »
    Highlights of Daegu on Eurosport HD at 10am and repeated again at 12pm I think on either Eurosport 1 or 2.

Is this highlights of the athletics or out-takes of the C4 presenter?

Great Edinburgh International Cross Country Run - Sat 1pm on BBC One

Heard rumours that Kenenisa Bekele would be running it, but I don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Great Edinburgh International Cross Country Run - Sat 1pm on BBC One

Heard rumours that Kenenisa Bekele would be running it, but I don't know for sure.

Read that too,
    http://www.globalsportincolour.com/2011/12/15/bekele-to-compete-in-great-edinburgh-cross-country-international/

A 3000m XC race, havent run one of them since junior schools :).

Just a reminder, this is on at 1pm.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Britton runs in the women's race starting at 1.40. Coverage of meet has started on BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

copacetic wrote: »
    Britton runs in the women's race starting at 1.40. Coverage of meet has started on BBC.

Sweeney currently in 5th just bout 3 secs off the leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

any online stream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

YFlyer wrote: »
    any online stream?

I've been watching it on Filmon plus app for the ipod if that's any good

Woddle wrote: »
    I've been watching it on Filmon plus app for the ipod if that's any good

No ipod for me. I'll head home quickly and get bbc. cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Lap to go. Britton burned the whole field off, but Steel has held on so far. Putting on a burst again now to try and lose her.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Fantastic run from Britton. Completely destroyed the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Great result and really enjoyed watching. But why was she listed a EUR instead of IRL for country?

BrianjG wrote: »
    Great result and really enjoyed watching. But why was she listed a EUR instead of IRL for country?

Its a team event Eur,USA and GB & NI they combine points from all four races (Men and women) and lowest points wins

Joe Sweeney and Mark Hanrahan were also part of the Europe team

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

BrianjG wrote: »

It's a team competition - EUR vs USA vs GB

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Sprocket77

Kiprot was just out for a jog there by the look of him :D

I loved the moment where one of the young British runners was running beside Bekele and looked across at him and had a massive big grin on his face. Don't think he could quite believe it either. Think he beat Bekele in the end too.

• Advertisement

Britton did brilliantly, long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

21:30 tonight Free View: Setanta Ireland
    Man on a Mission

Eamonn Coughlin travels to to the green heart of Africa to meet Brother Colm O'Connell, The Irish mission.

JosDel wrote: »
    21:30 tonight Free View: Setanta Ireland
    Man on a Mission

Eamonn Coughlin travels to to the green heart of Africa to meet Brother Colm O'Connell, The Irish mission.

I'm assuming its about Brother Colm................

Any chance "FreeView" means that if you have Sky and you get the message about needing to upgrade to see Setanta, it will magically disappear for the duration of this programme???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

That was a very interesting program last night. One major thing picked up was - keep it simple.

That was interesting alright. Setanta showed it for free even though I don't have a subscription to their channel. Interesting programme, I think it will be one I will be keeping on my Sky+ box.

One to watch at the weekend is the Houston marathon Fagan and AFAIK one or two of the mission marathon ladies in action (Ava Hutchinson??) at the weekend

http://eurorivals.net/37th-chevron-houston-marathon:-live-athletics-streams.html

It would be nice if they televised or streamed live the US Marathon Trials, they are on in Houston this weekend also.

It would be nice if they televised or streamed live the US Marathon Trials, they are on in Houston this weekend also.

They will most certainly be televised and should be able to find a stream very easily for them. I will post one when it becomes available

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    They will most certainly be televised and should be able to find a stream very easily for them. I will post one when it becomes available

I hope so. What I've read online is that they won't be streamed or televised live.

Advertisement