Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,173 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Derry Girls Christmas episode on now!
    I saw a brilliant looking snowman teapot!

We're into the 250's!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

Hi all, long time lurker here. I just love love reading about Christmas. I've just booked our traditional Christmas family night away in a hotel. eekkkkk

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

nickynoo wrote: »
    Hi all, long time lurker here. I just love love reading about Christmas. I've just booked our traditional Christmas family night away in a hotel. eekkkkk

Oh lovely! When do ye go?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh lovely! When do ye go?

We are going to The Midlands Hotel in Portlaois 2nd week in December. We got an excellent deal, B&B for just €37 pp :D

• Advertisement

Soaked the fruit last night and baked a Christmas style cake Today for Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'm planning on making the traditional simnel cake this weekend for Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I'm planning on making the traditional simnel cake this weekend for Easter.

Have you a particular recipe that you use (& care to share)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Is it Easter yet ???
    I am soooooooo tired !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Is it Easter yet ???
    I am soooooooo tired !

Snap. Roll on next week.

• Advertisement

It's Home Alone time!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Have you a particular recipe that you use (& care to share)?

I used one out of an odlums booklet - I'll try and remember to get it for you later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Haven’t been online for a few days and feels like I’ve missed so much in here! Looking forward to catching up on what is going on with everyone over the next couple of days.

@Cheerlouth - here is the recipe I used this year. Our family tradition is that we only add the almond paste in the middle, hence I only made 1/3 of the almond paste & my dodgy notes on the side of the page :)
    One other thing - I didn't do the all in one thing - I creamed the butter and sugar, then added the eggs (one at a time) and flour etc and folded in the fruit at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Haven’t been online for a few days and feels like I’ve missed so much in here! Looking forward to catching up on what is going on with everyone over the next couple of days.

Same here, haven't been on as much as I've been up to my eyes in work. Does seem like we've entered the quiet season now though, just the hardcore elf's checking in now & again it seems.

Counting down to 5.15 on Thursday, then its 10 straight days with no work (all for 4 days annual leave too) which i am so looking forward too. Haven't missed a days work since the christmas hols & have been up to my eyes for each & every one of them so far (averaging 54 hrs per week atm). Then with the preparation to the twins communion next month & their GAA training & games no wonder the year is going so fast, when you're busy on both fronts you've no time to stop & take stock. Roll on easter, & chocolate!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lucky you DvB - enjoy the break. We work Good Friday and currently looks like I'm working Saturday on an out of hours project implementation - hoping to get Sun and Mon off....fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

10 days does sound like bliss! I get Good Friday this year - first time ever! My new(ish) employer gives it as a company day! I can't wait! I'm going to see if I can take a half day on Thursday as we are having our menu tasting on Thurs eve for our wedding & staying overnight in the hotel. I'm so excited! And then will hopefully bring the kids on their first cinema trip to see Peppa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Just seen this: "pigs are set to be the star of many Easter decorating schemes this year."
    https://www.idealhome.co.uk/news/sainsburys-easter-decorations-225176#wlxOVPkbTwsQPPQ7.99
    I wonder if the trend will stay on and take over the Christmas decorations, too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

otnomart wrote: »
    Just seen this: "pigs are set to be the star of many Easter decorating schemes this year."
    https://www.idealhome.co.uk/news/sainsburys-easter-decorations-225176#wlxOVPkbTwsQPPQ7.99
    I wonder if the trend will stay on and take over the Christmas decorations, too ?

Oooh I hope so. I absolutely love pigs!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's almost Easter!
    I have a ferrero rocher egg, a galaxy golden-egg egg and a crunchy egg (with bits of crunchy in the egg) to look forward to. I'm very excited. There also may be Chinese food involved in my 4-day weekend.

Can't beat a good Jesus and Chocolate related holiday. :D

• Advertisement

Off to Kilkenny in the morning for the weekend, weather meant to be cracking so despite being back in training & watching my diet I'm allowing myself to let go this weekend on the food & drink front, just a little bit anyway!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Off to Kilkenny in the morning for the weekend, weather meant to be cracking so despite being back in training & watching my diet I'm allowing myself to let go this weekend on the food & drink front, just a little bit anyway!

Enjoy the time off DvB. Can’t beat family time.

We're into the 240's!

D4hSOssXoAIODK5.jpg

Happy Easter! Bring on the chocolate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Easter everyone. Been ages since I posted. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

248 days until Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Easter everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Easter all :)

Happy Easter everyone. Have definitely indulged on the food and drink front but will make up for it next week. Kids got lindor orange and lindor white choc and strawberry eggs... thought I'd died and gone to heaven when 'testing' them earlier... nom nom!!

• Advertisement

C9mbeFYUQAAiXLC.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement