Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers, Olympia, 12th of May 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems strange that you wont get paid until after the event as I thought Ticketmaster cancel your tickets and issue the buyer with new barcodes .
    I cant see why they need to wait until after the event to pay you.

Agree with this. I'd much rather get rid of the tickets through Toutless or Ticketswap

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pearl787

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems strange that you wont get paid until after the event as I thought Ticketmaster cancel your tickets and issue the buyer with new barcodes .
    I cant see why they need to wait until after the event to pay you.

I know it is strange but I guess there's nothing I can do now. I didn't realize I wouldn't get the payment straight away. Its a bit annoying. Still I am glad to have sold them at face value and be free of the hassle of re-selling. Its all done for you

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

pearl787 wrote: »
    I know it is strange but I guess there's nothing I can do now. I didn't realize I wouldn't get the payment straight away. Its a bit annoying. Still I am glad to have sold them at face value and be free of the hassle of re-selling. Its all done for you
    Do you make much loss from the initial price you paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

my guess, as I suspect you do too, is that the buyer paid over face value and the seller simply recouped their price. TM being the sly dog scum they are might even hide this from the sellers.

It is a very sneaky way to circumvent touting laws, they still profit hugely and just mask it as ridiculously overpriced "service" and "handling" fees which are all done electronically.

I had said this
    rubadub wrote: »
    toutless do not let you sell above face. This resale thing lashes on another service charge and a handling fee.
    TM seemingly do not let you sell above face either, so the seller cannot profit, but they, TM, sure as hell do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pearl787

Well you list the price you want to sell them for (you cannot list higher than you paid), I listed mine just €3 under what I paid. So presumably when this goes through, I'll have this figure back in my account.

There is a disclaimer when you put them up for sale that ticketmaster will sell your tickets at a higher price to cover service costs. But the seller doesn't see what they are actually sold for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

I’m looking for one standing ticket if someone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just got two standing on Toutless so still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Just wondering, would anyone know what the likelihood of meeting the lads before/after the gig would be? I'd imagine hanging around the stage side entrance? Would love to get an autograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Just wondering, would anyone know what the likelihood of meeting the lads before/after the gig would be? I'd imagine hanging around the stage side entrance? Would love to get an autograph.
    I have had luck on the side exit there (Sycamore St.) in the past. Be prepared to wait a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

They drink in the Mercantile

I imagine James and Sean will be there for the Liverpool game in the afternoon

That's where I met them a few times before - James was by himself watching the Forest play off game, the time after that they were watching Liverpool v Chelsea in the half 5 game before the Holy Bible gig

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

That's where I met them a few times before - James was by himself watching the Forest play off game, the time after that they were watching Liverpool v Chelsea in the half 5 game before the Holy Bible gig

the everton game will be on in the mercantile so they might be on a loser

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

Do we know what time theyre expected to start?

numbernine wrote: »
    Do we know what time theyre expected to start?

9 according to olympia site

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Nowso wrote: »

the everton game will be on in the mercantile so they might be on a loser
    Maybe dumb question..why would the everton game be on in the Mercantile..surely Liverpool?

Maybe dumb question..why would the everton game be on in the Mercantile..surely Liverpool?

everton supporters club meet and watch all the games there

maybe they put the city game on in another part

I need one more standing ticket, will pay face value and an extra 20 to cover travel expenses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

Does anyone know in what order the album will be played in?
    Will it be the same order as the album listing?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭laros

Will it be the same order as the album listing?

Yes , Thats normally how these things are done

Masses will replace Nobody Loved You

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ScreamToASigh

I had a look in the Mercantle a while ago. No sign of them, but I might have another look in a bit. Find them in the end? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Hoping we get longer than a 90 minute set tonight but highly doubt it .
    I cannot fathom why a band with such a back catalogue don't play longer gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I hope not as that's one of my favourite songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Hoping we get longer than a 90 minute set tonight but highly doubt it .
    I cannot fathom why a band with such a back catalogue don't play longer gigs.

Its a few years since I seen them but doubt you’ll even get 90 minutes. And no encore is the norm I think?

It'll be

Everlasting
    Tolerate
    YSTSFMH
    Drowning
    Tsunami
    Empire
    Working
    Tender and Tired
    Born a Girl
    Be Natural
    Black Dog
    Masses
    SYMM

Motorcycle Emptiness
    International Blue
    Faster
    KC
    Walk me to the Bridge
    Distant Colours
    Hold Me Like a Heaven
    LTD
    You Love Us
    Design

Something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Close but no cigar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Would've loved Valley Boy. God I loved that tune.
    Got Sleepflower tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ScreamToASigh

Close but no cigar

Yes, the Scruff Monkey is correct, close but no cigar!

The final setlist in order was the following:

The Everlasting
    You Stole the Sun
    Ready for Drowning
    Tsunami
    My Little Empire
    I'm not Working
    You're Tender and You're Tired
    Born a Girl
    Be Natural
    Black Dog on my Shoulder
    Prologue to History
    S.Y.M.M
    Tolerate This

Sleepflower
    Your Love Alone
    International Blue
    Motorcycle Emptiness
    Solitude Sometimes Is
    People Give In
    You Love Us
    No Surface All Feeling
    Design For Life

I didn't expect Prologue, Sleepflower or Solitude to be played.

The rest I expected seeming that it's their usual singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Its a few years since I seen them but doubt you’ll even get 90 minutes. And no encore is the norm I think?

Arrested Development Narrator : We got 100 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Solitude sometimes is was a nice surprise. Wonder if they played it all much since 04 tour. Only tour I've heard any lifeblood stuff.

That was also bloody loud.

Advertisement