Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I thought his treatment of Philip Boucher Hayes crossed a line.
    For a man who made so much use of the media in building his successful business his memory is short.
    Such a public abuse of a journalist doing his job is thankfully quite rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭serfboard

Paddy seems to be going out of his way to drag down our reputation internationally.
    What exactly do you want paddy?
    "exegretious tax" cool word paddy.
    Quintis wrote: »
    Paddy the hypocrite seems to have a grudge to bare
    I was wondering who this Paddy was, so I looked here to see the list of guests on yesterday's programme.

As I suspected, it was Paddy Cosgrave. No need to listen to the item, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Paddy is a partner in a new company- it captures data on the firms that participate in his web summit with a view to identifying those worth investing in.
    It's essentially a venture fund worth $50m and is based in San Fran to be close to the centre of the IT sector there. But it's incorporated in Delaware which has been designated as a tax shelter :D.

He was on Drivetime yesterday after 5.30pm and had his posterior handed to him on this issue. Gas radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Going to go against the consensus here, but I don't get the hate against Paddy Cosgrave (for the most part anyway).
    He comes accross as a bit of a prima-donna and I'd say would be terrible to work with/for.
    That said, he set up a highly successful tech convention that brought major players from companies with eye-watering valuations, brought these big hitters to Dublin. He did it. Not any Government dept. He wanted our Government to get onside and give him a good bit of leeway - certainly a cheeky move but worth it.
    Our 2-bit golf-club chairmen of a government didn't have the foresight to engage and court 'the men from the internet' while other governments (such as the UK and France) were over here in force at the time.
    Previously he has had some interesting topics around the Irish economy and government policy that make sense to me. (I'll post a link if I can grab it)
    This most recent interview he's definitely in a mood to wind-up the government and it seems to be working judging by the pearl-clutching performance of whatever gombeen they had on with him.

Found the link : (web summit) https://www.rte.ie/radio1/marian-finucane/programmes/2017/1014/912337-marian-finucane-saturday-14-october-2017/
    The thrust of what he says:
    'Free market' mean a market free of overhead of 'rentier' claims on wealth. Property owners should be taxed out of existence as wealth is created by a virtuous cycle of consumption and production - people who create wealth build businesses - they don't go to lunch and get rich by doing effectively nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Oh Lord it's Miriam ... no, no, no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Callan57 wrote: »

Got sick a little bit myself. She's here for weeks :(:(

Just heard the programme jingle "today with Miriam "
    That has to be a first, I've never heard them change the jingle when someone is standing in for the anchor presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the warning

Christ this is shocking radio

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“Moi ghasts tohdaiy”.....

Hello Pat....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just listening back on podcast. Will have to see if Pat has better podcasts than before (they used only release the odd story, not the whole show).

They had Katie Hannon covering last week, she was excellent. But we're stuck with Miriam :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That has to be a first, I've never heard them change the jingle when someone is standing in for the anchor presenter.

Ego.

Nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

dulpit wrote: »
    Just listening back on podcast. Will have to see if Pat has better podcasts than before (they used only release the odd story, not the whole show).

They had Katie Hannon covering last week, she was excellent. But we're stuck with Miriam :-(

Not a Katie fan on the Late Debate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just heard the end of an interview with the mother of the boys Tom hanks made the video for.

Mother finishes off by saying thanks to Tom if you ever listen to miriams wonderful show...

It's not miriams show its Sean's show

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yet man keeps calling her "Marian".

It's getting even clearer that Harris is in completely over his head. This is a very disturbing topic. The idior couldn't run an icecream van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

The jingle change was also done the last time she stood in, for an extended period, for SOR.

Paudie Coffey blaming everyone bar FG

The tweet and email are still SOR

PoG is in court more often than some judges :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Noticeable how Des and Miriam maintain basic manners but barely get on

Miriam is insufferable. Stealing a living.

I thought she did an excellent job of the interview with Vicky Phelan.
    Not saying S0'R couldn't have handled it but she brought a special touch to an appallingly sad subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I can't cope with her lisp and faux sincerity.

Newstalk only for the duration of her tenure.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I can't cope with her lisp and faux sincerity.

Newstalk only for the duration of her tenure.

It’s striking how she doesn’t try the fake act with Des Cahill. I’d say there’s history there

It’s striking how she doesn’t try the fake act with Des Cahill. I’d say there’s history there

She didn't yesterday, but when she was covering last year she was usually very frosty or bored sounding with Paddy O'Gorman too...

PoG is in court more often than some judges :)

And makes more sense than many.

elperello wrote: »
    And makes more sense than many.

He is a seriously underrated treasure of radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Noticeable how Des and Miriam maintain basic manners but barely get on

Don’t think that’s Miriam’s fault...was listening to Des on Morning Ireland this week...Gavin Jennings handed over to him for the Sports Bulletin with a pleasant comment-Des didn’t even acknowledge it. Thought at the time that Des was incredibly rude & unprofessional.

• Advertisement

I think she does a very good job...She wasnt taking any nonsense from Mary Lou this morning...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement