Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting to Monza by train

• 19-01-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at going to Monza for the Grand Prix in September. I'm looking at staying in Milan and getting the train to Monza station for the race.

Has anyone here used the train as I'm thinking of doing? Is it a good or bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

I'm looking at going to Monza for the Grand Prix in September. I'm looking at staying in Milan and getting the train to Monza station for the race.

Has anyone here used the train as I'm thinking of doing? Is it a good or bad idea?

It's a while since we were there but trains were free from the central station to the circuit. You get off very close to the circuit as well.
    Drove the previous time and they park the cars sideways on one of the lanes of the approaching dual carriageway. It's a fair walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I've gone to Monza a couple of times now and it's the norm to stay in Milan. The trains are run especially, are frequent and free of charge. You won't have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

v10 wrote: »
    I've gone to Monza a couple of times now and it's the norm to stay in Milan. The trains are run especially, are frequent and free of charge. You won't have any issues.

Did the train go from Milan into the train station at the track on the Friday and Saturday? I was there in 2011, stayed in Milan pretty close to the central station. It was great on the sunday, the train went directly into the track, but on the Friday and Saturday we had to get a train to the station in Monza town, and get another bus to the track which took around 30 mins, and we were packed in like sardines as the buses were packed with F1 fans!

The trips to and from the track on the Friday and Saturday were the only down point, the atmosphere is fantastic at the Italian GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Did the train go from Milan into the train station at the track on the Friday and Saturday? I was there in 2011, stayed in Milan pretty close to the central station. It was great on the sunday, the train went directly into the track, but on the Friday and Saturday we had to get a train to the station in Monza town, and get another bus to the track which took around 30 mins, and we were packed in like sardines as the buses were packed with F1 fans!

The trips to and from the track on the Friday and Saturday were the only down point, the atmosphere is fantastic at the Italian GP.

I took me to the track on both Saturday and Sunday anyway, that was in 2014.

Advertisement