Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game recommendations

• 06-04-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a ps4 pro, havent played in a while as havent had a game to grip me in a while. I love fallout/skyrim type games, any recommendations for similar?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

It's like if Skyrim & Devil May Cry had a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Witcher 3 is pretty cheap these days

Borderlands games maybe?

+1 for Witcher 3

Oh just saw K.O.Kiki suggested Dragons Dogma, +100 there loved it. Skyrim without the nonsense, and a party system Bioware needs to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Witcher 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Witcher 3 GOTY edition is 15 euro on PSN store at the moment. The DLC is absolutely recommended as it's the rate time it's done right. Actually I felt like I underpaid for the dlc at the time.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/870692/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think most people say that God Of War is worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Nier Automata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Witcher 3 definitely seems an obvious choice, if you haven't already played it. Other recent open-world style games would be Far Cry 5, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Zero Dawn or Assassins Creed Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

Thanks everyone! Witcher 3 seems to be a winner, I havent played it yet. Will probably try this and a few others mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 davidmichaels

Though its a recommendation post but i would like to suggest you that don't waste your money on ANTHEM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And pick up Horizon after it. Then God of War for a more focussed 'Open' game. I'm jealous you're getting to experience these for the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Horizon, Witcher 3 and if you have a Ps4, you must try Persona 5

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Horizon, Witcher 3 and if you have a Ps4, you must try Persona 5

Never played Persona games but I hear 5 is great, must look it up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Never played Persona games but I hear 5 is great, must look it up.

Its not for everyone, I myself am not into the Anime style games, but I found the storyline to be absolutely brilliant, one of the best story's to a game I have ever played.

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Its not for everyone, I myself am not into the Anime style games, but I found the storyline to be absolutely brilliant, one of the best story's to a game I have ever played.

Now that has me intrigued, I'm not into anime either but I love a good story. Thanks!

Now that has me intrigued, I'm not into anime either but I love a good story. Thanks!

No problem, and if you have never seen or played a Persona game before, its kinda like old school Final Fantasy crossed with a type of Pokemon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Person 5 is very very good,and im not a jrpg fan by any stretch,but its like playing a really good Manga Animé..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

I bought witcher 3, so far so good! Was looking at God of War too but ill stick with witcher for now! Thanks all :)

Advertisement