Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Cherry Orchard protest again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭emo72

That is a huge disgrace. The HSE is a monster that can't be challenged. Sooner it's gone the better.

Separating an old couple in their final years, it's a new low that I didn't think we could reach. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Appalling. As the posters say a behemoth.

A key to this as the article says, is for family to take out an enduring power of attorney.

See

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/before_a_death/power_of_attorney.html

I am in the first stages of doing this to avoid any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭emo72

Should have put this in after hours it deserves more people seeing it. This could happen to any of us.

emo72 wrote: »
    Should have put this in after hours it deserves more people seeing it. This could happen to any of us.

ask the mods to move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭del roy

Can the mods move this to after hours please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod - have discussed this and feeling is it should remain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭del roy

there were a good few people protesting with Patrick last weekend. I wonder if they are looking for people to join them. its only a 10 minute walk from my house, maybe I will join them this weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Full disclosure, I am a HSE employee, a Clinical Nurse Manager in fact.
    Without anything but the details from the newspaper reports, which are very much from Mr Fitzgerald's point of view, it's hard to make judgement tbh, or rather judgement should be reserved.
    As a manager I know some family members have been quite aggressive in the past, even though they must feel perfectly entitled to their manner of addressing what they see as problems with the care of their loved ones.
    On the other hand, I have had reason to use the HSE, CAMHS and other services, so I understand frustrations too.
    There really should be an honest attempt at mediation between the two sides, to restore this couples access to each other and to improve the relationship between both the service users and the service itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭the14thwarrior

• Advertisement
Advertisement