Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arkham Horror LCG and other LCG

• 03-11-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Just picked up the Arkham Horror LCG and really enjoying it. Just wondering if there are people into it that can maybe head up to gamersworld(Dublin) and play sometime or want to learn. I really love the coop mechanics.

I been reading through Fantasy Flight's other LCG and also want to try and learn those if there are people out there who play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Celephais

Hey, I play Arkham - have everything up to date and am still enjoying it. I'm mostly playing solo but am always happy to chat and organise meeting up if I can. I don't always have the most free schedule but could look at sorting something out.

I've just picked up the Lord of the Rings LCG which looks like good fun, especially from a co-op perspective!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Oh hey. Awesome lets do this. You go to gamersworld in dublin at all? Im up to try the Lotr LCG. Ive been eyeing up Legend of the 5 rings too fyi.

Also nice choice of username.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Hey folks,

I'm also an Arkham fan. Never played but have most of the stuff just past the second cycle. I've been asking in GW but it seems to be a very solitary, home based community. Would there be room for one more if the scheduling suits?

I'd be willing to try LotR too. I tried L5R but found it very boring and unenjoyable, sold my core sets within a month or two of release. I know they're different games, but I thought it wasn't a patch on Netrunner.

Ah sweet. Im pretty much in gamersworld most evening playing magic. Really want to get a group going for Arkham or any of the LCG. Waiting on word from Celephais.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Celephais

I'm cool with organising something in Gamers World - I can usually only get in Sundays or the odd evening during the week so feel free to plan ahead of me. Have a one year old at home so that's one of the main reasons my gaming has involved solo stuff at night :)

I played a couple of Arkham campaigns with the wife and that was great fun. Definitely be interested to see what 3-4 player is like, especially if decks are being built with multiplayer in mind. LotR seems to have a real focus on decks that sync well together so I'm interested in checking it out with that in mind. I picked up a small bundle so am waiting for that to arrive.

I play a lot of Netrunner too and think that that's the best competitive game ever made - L5R never stood a chance! I play Magic on and off, but don't like the cost involved so never really stuck with it. EDH seems fun but I haven't gotten into GW for too many games.

Anyways, yeah I'm happy to keep in touch and hopefully get something organised! But don't worry if it takes me a bit to actually get in for a game.

• Advertisement

Right sent you lot a dm about organising this. We can get 1 more person we would have a full playgroup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 abacususer

I'm interested, but only in AHTCG. Celephais knows me, as we play Netrunner together. Unfortunately I'm tied up with work until next Weds. so I wouldn't be available until after that.

Forgot to mention that I have everything up to and including Shattered Aeons.

So next week seems good. We'll get a definite day soon. As to which act I don't mind. I only have the core investigators.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

My preference would be for Tuesday but I'm flexible. The only days that are bad are Wednesdays and weekends.

And in response to Celephais, I'd be happy to give the LotR LCG a shot

• Advertisement

I don't mind starting from the beginning as although I have everything I have not actually played a huge amount yet.

Tues. and Thurs. are out for me until shortly before Xmas. After next week I can probably make Weds. eves. Most weekends before the end of the year are Ok for me apart from a few Sundays.

Friday next week? Lets start from the beginning.

Friday next week suits me.

If we can get confirmations early, I can book a table soon for us in GW.

So we got people for this friday?

Advertisement