Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Fear The Natives

• 29-07-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

We're a six piece band from the Buncrana area who play mostly indie rock music although we also have a more mellow acoustic side. We've recently headlined the Glasshouse acoustic stage at Vantastival performing as a two/three piece and we also supported Feeder at the Buncrana Music Festival when we rocked out as a full six piece. We had our debut EP launch in a local bar last night and we also found out that we had peaked at #20 in the Irish iTunes chart!

You can listen to our EP here - https://www.hotpress.com/music/dont-fear-natives-release-cracking-debut-ep-stupid-heart-22750128

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2018/07/30/buncrana-bands-debut-ep-climbs-the-charts/

You can watch the video for the lead track on the EP in the link above :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I couldn't post a direct link the last time. Here it is for those as lazy as I usually am on forums :D -

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

You guys would honestly be better off doing Jazz, your music is already pretty Jazzy and this whole Indie Rock thing doesn't suit your vocals IMO..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Class! have you ever considered letting a UK grime artist spit on one of your tunes? PM me

You guys would honestly be better off doing Jazz, your music is already pretty Jazzy and this whole Indie Rock thing doesn't suit your vocals IMO..

Jazz?! Have you actually listened to the EP or did you just hear the first track? The rest of the EP is much more chilled acoustic stuff but we generally play indie rock/punk pop original stuff. I'm not even sure anyone else in the band (including me) actually likes jazz :D

Class! have you ever considered letting a UK grime artist spit on one of your tunes? PM me

I wasn't top of my list of things to do to be fair :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement