Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability

• 16-04-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Can I just ask if anyone here has applied for the Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability through your local county and/or city council and if so, how long did it take for the grant to be approved.

I am just about ready to send in an application on behalf of my husband and have been told it could take up to a year.

Would love to hear anyone's experience.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭lulu1

Hi sorry I have no idea how long it takes but would presume that every council is different re the number of applications.

If your husband has an OT they will have to come out and measure up and decide if there is enough space. As well as that an inspector from the council will come out when the work is completed to make sure everything was done as planned.

Advertisement