Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

gaffmaster wrote: »
    What cases and screen protectors are people using with their 3a? Any recommendations? Would like good grip (anyone ever used a pop socket?).

Cheers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amFilm-Screen-Protector-Google-Tempered/dp/B07RM51PSD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Rugged-Armor-Compatible-Google/dp/B07MJ7V552

very safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

barneyrub wrote: »
    Just wondering if you did anything on this? My charger port is playing up the last while

Mine is as well.

I have to plus it in and out 7/8/9 times to get it to charge. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FGR

Solaris10 wrote: »

Have had this on my 3a for the last twelve months and not a mark on either the case or (more importantly) the phone. Just make sure to get a screen protector with it too.

Needless to say this phone has been dropped dozens of times :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No faults with this one yet, cheaper and includes screen protector, creates a lip around the screen so the case touches the surface rather than the screen if upside down, and recesses the camera etc:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07T653R89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cormie wrote: »
    No faults with this one yet, cheaper and includes screen protector, creates a lip around the screen so the case touches the surface rather than the screen if upside down, and recesses the camera etc:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07T653R89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have this one and it does the job. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭shmeee

Solaris10 wrote: »

Exact case I'm using for the last year, can't fault it.

The Spigen cases are a quality product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Anyone got a link to the anpost page where you can check the status of the phone order? Went searching through the thread but couldn't find it

****found it http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus

So it looks like Google Photos is going to start taking up allowance from your account data balance (15GB default, unless you pay for extra) in a few months, this doesn't just apply to "original quality" photo and video, but everything :(

Was there any Pixel promotions where they gave extra or I wonder will there be any where they give unlimited photo uploads even after the change period?

So it looks like Google Photos is going to start taking up allowance from your account data balance (15GB default, unless you pay for extra) in a few months, this doesn't just apply to "original quality" photo and video, but everything :(

Was there any Pixel promotions where they gave extra or I wonder will there be any where they give unlimited photo uploads even after the change period?

This only applies to non-pixel phones (and upcoming Pixel phones). If you have a Pixel 3a, you're fine (for now).

This only applies to non-pixel phones (and upcoming Pixel phones). If you have a Pixel 3a, you're fine (for now).

Is that advertised anywhere? I think Google announced the change only in the last week or so, so I'm not sure how it would affect existing pixel users

• Advertisement

Is that advertised anywhere? I think Google announced the change only in the last week or so, so I'm not sure how it would affect existing pixel users

"If you have a Pixel 1-5, photos uploaded from that device won’t be impacted. Photos and videos uploaded in High quality from that device will continue to be exempt from this change, even after June 1, 2021."

https://blog.google/products/photos/storage-changes/

Oh sweet!! Thanks a lot for that, that's great to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

For some reason I'm unable to log on to vodafone to buy this phone, I'm not with them so when I input my number it doesnt register and the email address not valid to send a new password and cant sign up as new customer as address is already registered......and so the loop continues

It galls me to have to buy it through vodafone but it's over 135e cheaper here than anywhere else
    If you can't buy it online, can you buy it online through a store in person?
    Or anyone know anywhere else its for the similar price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I could be wrong, but I don't remember having to log in to Vodafone to buy it.
    Just select it to buy and then enter the info you're prompted for.
    That's all I did anyhow if memory serves me correctly.

I think if you use an email address they recognise, then they ask you to log in. Just use an existing email address but add or remove a fullstop in the address, so they see it as a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

Any one tried porting with tesco number. i tried tesco and lyca but it is asking me to visit store to complete the porting and purchase

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Any one tried porting with tesco number. i tried tesco and lyca but it is asking me to visit store to complete the porting and purchase
    Porting to avail of a discount from 48, Lyca and Tesco Mobile is not allowed.

Managed to get a Eir sim after lot of hassle. Now pixel 3a is out of stock 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I hope they do the same deal for Pixel 4a soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CyberGhost wrote: »

Not a chance. Pixel 4a is too new for them to be cutting the price on it unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

The deals are virtually over anyhow. Looking back to last year... There was nothing discounted ( maybe the odd phone ) in Jan Feb etc

let me know if anyone is looking to sell pixel 3a. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

CyberGhost wrote: »

It's 299 now if you switch

Got a 3a from this thread...tempted by the 4a at that price

Just see it's not available online right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

This is available on the vodafone deal in Carfone Warehouse, €149 / €199. Packaging has a little red dot on the bottom and sales assistant assures me it's network locked. Can anyone confirm / deny this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Danny2580 wrote: »
    This is available on the vodafone deal in Carfone Warehouse, €149 / €199. Packaging has a little red dot on the bottom and sales assistant assures me it's network locked. Can anyone confirm / deny this?

I've never seen a network locked pixel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I pay €1.99 a month for 100GB. Comes out of my 3 credit. I have been uploading them in original quality for a good while now.

It's only an extra €1 for another 100GB so I can upgrade if I'm getting close.

Danny2580 wrote: »

€ 149 offer is online or in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    € 149 offer is online or in store?

I was both until today. Not sure now if either.

carbsy wrote: »
    I was both until today. Not sure now if either.

seems all gone now. pixel 3a not showing up online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Got the in store one, paid the extra few bob (€199) as didn't want to bother with the porting, but the €149 was an option. Was quite surprised there was one in store. I was assured by the sales rep that it was locked, thanks for the heads up Dopetech - made my Mam's Christmas to be able to replace a tired moto g5. Works great with Gomo.

Advertisement