Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASus RoG strix 1080 Ti 11gb oc card

• 30-10-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I bought an ASUS RoG strix 1080 Ti 11gb oc version card and I had nothing but, problems with it straight of the box. It started off with my system shutting down by itself while in games, then Blue screens and reseating the card over and over. I stopped playing games because I couldn't anymore and was just using my PC for youtube and the internet. Now its gone to my PC booting up but displaying no picture, If it does display a picture it crashes within a minute or so with coloured squares on the screen. I have no other system to test the card to see if its the card or hardware. My specs are i7 3820 8gb RAM 875 power supply. Is there any computer shops in Dublin that would test the card for me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What model power supply is it?

Square artifacts on the screen though is not a good sign for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Its a Dell / Alienware 875w power supply that comes with the Alienware Aurora micro ATX case

Advertisement