Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-03-2014, 08:39   #1
trishchuck

voice training

is there an age limit to getting your voice trained?
Advertisement
17-03-2014, 14:09   #2
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Moved from Forum Requests
18-03-2014, 13:44   #3

In my experience, no. I would never tell a potential client that they are too old. You're never too old to learn.
(2) thanks from:
20-06-2016, 16:52   #4
JayMurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurly View Post
In my experience, no. I would never tell a potential client that they are too old. You're never too old to learn.
Hey wurly.

Just wondered if you still give voice lessons around the moate area?

Thanks!
08-08-2017, 01:53   #5
Pictures Of Lilly
Banned

How true is it that you can make your voice better by exercising the muscles in it? Is it true that the more you sing, the better your voice will get?

I've watched a few videos on voice training, and with all the terms they use to describe the voice, it almost reminds me of a wine tasting course... meaning a lot of it seems redundant and confusing. I was thinking I could do it in the car. I could just start shouting various notes.
Advertisement
24-08-2017, 15:45   #6
metaoblivia

Send a message via AIM to metaoblivia
Yes, you can get better by exercising the muscles in your voice. And, as with anything, the more you practice, the more you tools you will learn and the more stamina you will build.

However, you need to practice in a way that won't damage your voice. For example, shouting various notes may do more harm to than good. The voice relies on muscles that can be torn/hurt like any other muscle in our body. You should identify what it is you want to learn about singing (how to sing louder, extending range, stamina, staying in tune, etc) and research that. And honestly, the best way to learn is to find an experienced vocal teacher in whatever style of singing it is you want to do.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion