Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PLC college to go to?

• 26-01-2019 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm currently a 6th year student. As I do the Leaving Cert Applied course, I must do a PLC course before I go into higher education.

Next year (September 2020) I hope to get into a 4-year Level 8 degree in IT Tallaght (TU Dublin) in Accounting & Finance. As mentioned above, there is no direct link from LCA into this course, and therefore I have to do a one-year PLC course beginning this September.

The degree mentioned above welcomes applicants from any QQI Level 5 award, providing they get 3 distinctions. I have applied for a Business Studies PLC course in both Ballyfermot College of Further Education and Bray Institute of Further Education. I'm just wondering which one of these is the best out of the two (Ballyfermot or Bray)? Any suggestions/recommendations/opinions would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Mark :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Both fine colleges with a history of getting PLC people to Third level courses. It really boils down to which is easier for you to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

spurious wrote: »
    Both fine colleges with a history of getting PLC people to Third level courses. It really boils down to which is easier for you to get to.

With regard to course modules, I'm wondering which course offers the best.

Business Studies - Ballyfermot
    • Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised
    • Business Administration Skills
    • Customer Service
    • Communications
    • Marketing Practice
    • Mathematics
    • Spreadsheet Methods
    • Word Processing
    • Work Experience

Business Management, Enterprise & Administration - Bray
    • Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised
    • Business Administration Skills
    • Communications
    • Entrepreneurial Skills
    • Marketing Practice
    • Statistics
    • Word Processing
    • Work Experience

Both courses require a merit in LCA to get in, which I am confident that I will receive. Both also lead to the QQI 5M2102 Business Studies award.

Also, travelling isn't an issue :D . I'd be closer to Ballyfermot but am willing to travel to Bray.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I suspect it's the same course, just differently laid out. You could ring the colleges to confirm, but if it's the same award, you will be doing the same elements in both colleges.

Advertisement