Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

A cool day of rain and hail showers. 9.0mm recorded today. It's currently 5.7C.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Nice fall of Snow Rain :( to fall between today and midnight tomorrow.
    A teaser of what the sea can do to create instability.
    Roll on winter.

466510.jpg

Had a scan through Netweather, wow some of those good folks are for the birds. Chasing shadows.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    really horrible day today....

:rolleyes:

I love this type of weather/set up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Any chance the mild weather will return. Hate the cold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Any chance the mild weather will return. Hate the cold.

at least another week of cool/cold conditions with winds mostly from the east.

horrendeus conditions here now, torrential cold cold rain with bits of sleet mixed in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

at least another week of cool/cold conditions with winds mostly from the east.

horrendeus conditions here now, torrential cold cold rain with bits of sleet mixed in.

Thanks.

Sounds awful was in the midlands today very wet very cold. Drier here but still very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »

I wonder if that's because of the lightning near Maynooth.....I'm joking, of course but I wondered earlier why Kildare was omitted as it's been one of the wettest counties today, apart from Dublin and Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Think the GFS Parallel might be broken.

0af96854099e09aed70e823fdff83e82.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Any reports of snow on the Wicklow mountains and surrounding area as it was showing up on the radar earlier?

• Advertisement

Any reports of snow on the Wicklow mountains and surrounding area as it was showing up on the radar earlier?

I drove in fhe dark on the N81 earlier (coming from Bohernabreena) to Blessington - nothing on the roads. Am at 200m so nothing here.

We'll see in the morning about the hills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Dónal wrote: »
    I drove in fhe dark on the N81 earlier (coming from Bohernabreena) to Blessington - nothing on the roads. Am at 200m so nothing here.

We'll see in the morning about the hills!

I was up that way at about 8pm passing Slieve Thoul, and it did hail but no snow. Came down through Bohernabreena on the way back and there were very heavy rain showers, but no snow for sure. It was about 5.5 degrees at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently hovering between 0.6c and 1c. Dew point 0c. If it holds at this temperature, possible snow from next showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Torrential rain here for the last hour, dark cold and miserable morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Kind of enjoying the cold rain. Its a break from the mild weather we get when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Blackstairs mountain is white with snow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

I don't know about the rest of you but the last few week or so has been lovely in the west. Dry anyway with beautiful sunsets, clear evenings and starry skies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dreadful conditions here in Meath, very intense rainfall all through the night and still lashing right now. Lots of surface water, our driveway is completely waterlogged. Heading into Dublin soon so will report if there is any flooding.

dreadful conditions here in Meath, very intense rainfall all through the night and still lashing right now. Lots of surface water, our driveway is completely waterlogged. Heading into Dublin soon so will report if there is any flooding.

Lightened of here, field and driveway has drained away the earlier flood water, really was a miserable start to the day

Belting down again

• Advertisement

just back from Dublin, rain isn't nearly as bad over the city. It was pouring rain with bits of sleet when I left this morning, much ligher over Dublin, then as I drove back, the rain is still very heavy around Dunshaughlin. Side roads here are partially flooded, it's been raining steady for more than 24 hours now.

This weeks rainfall is going to be well above normal in parts of Leinster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Not a drop of rain or anything else here since last weekend. Cold and cloudy though.

Mortelaro wrote: »

I can just imagine if it was a few degree's colder, we would have serious snow here, there would be well over a foot of snow if all the rain for past 24 hours fell as snow.

Currently 4C with cold rain continuing. Some of the very heavy bursts have had bits of sleet in them, could see the sleet on the car windscreen this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A cold and wet day in Castlebar, 4.8C outisde, it was nice to have the last 4 days dry and crisp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

After heavy rain earlier it seems to have stopped now. It's 4.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Some serious rain/hail showers South Wicklow at the moment.

rain still falling here but has lightened off alot, currently raining for about 28 hours now.

After a very mild and wet first 16 days of November, the dry respite was very short lived here and now another intense area of rain since sunrise yesterday monring, this is going to end up probably the wettest month of the year at my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Xenji wrote: »
    A cold and wet day in Castlebar, 4.8C outisde, it was nice to have the last 4 days dry and crisp though.

same out here... when we crossed back on Monday, the ferryman opined that the cold and the kind of cloud formation presaged snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very wet day in Dublin with lots of surface water.

• Advertisement

still raining here, been raining non stop here since about 9am yesterday. Gutters are all overflowing and water-logging throughout the driveway, garden is starting to feel more like a swamp. Easily 30+ continuous hours of rain here now.

next week is starting to look very unsettled too, this is one incredibly wet month at my location.

Advertisement