Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MTB Photos taken on your cycle

Options
  • 20-08-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Taking inspiration from the cycling tread on this - any nice pics from your spin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭comanche_cor

I had a nice spin up in Rostrevor at the weekend. The IDMS was on got no up lifts which was my plan anyways ;)

Great to the see the downhill boys & girls in action - some skills.

Got my cliche photo from Kodak corner obviously :)

458876.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I was hoping to take some nice pics of the scenery on the Cooley Thriller last weekend, but thanks to the weather they would have come out like this:

fog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭prunudo

Got a couple of nice ones in Ballinastoe a couple months back, one of the things i like about getting out on the trails is being out in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Beginning of Tom's climb in Ticknock this PM

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Beginning of Tom's climb in Ticknock this PM

Beginning of Euroskeptic, no?

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Beginning of Euroskeptic, no?

As I understand it Eurosceptic is the descent part only.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Ah jaysus - thought we had this pinned down on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890086&page=3

So:

- Kiddie's Highway is from the tarmac all the way past Tom's cabin, back into forest and then end of Kiddie's Highway is when you come out at a clearing, ready to cross a bridge over a stream and start climing

- Then you are onto Tom's. Where does Tom's end? Is it when you are cycling up the fireroad, great views to your right, and you turn left, go up onto a ridge - is this where Tom's ends and Euroskepctic starts?

- Or are we saying that Euroskeptic starts when you basically start descending - is Euroskeptic basically the expressway at the top than brings you back onto the tarmac at to the last corner before aerials? Is it just that last section? That would mean that Tom's is all the way from bridge where you start climbing, to the top of that forest singletrack, past the burnt trees to the point where you start letting it rip

I give up...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

steamsey wrote: »
    Ah jaysus - thought we had this pinned down on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890086&page=3

So:

- Kiddie's Highway is from the tarmac all the way past Tom's cabin, back into forest and then end of Kiddie's Highway is when you come out at a clearing, ready to cross a bridge over a stream and start climing

- Then you are onto Tom's. Where does Tom's end? Is it when you are cycling up the fireroad, great views to your right, and you turn left, go up onto a ridge - is this where Tom's ends and Euroskepctic starts?

- Or are we saying that Euroskeptic starts when you basically start descending - is Euroskeptic basically the expressway at the top than brings you back onto the tarmac at to the last corner before aerials? Is it just that last section? That would mean that Tom's is all the way from bridge where you start climbing, to the top of that forest singletrack, past the burnt trees to the point where you start letting it rip

Ah here....

Tom's is the climb up to the fireroad: https://www.strava.com/segments/819075

The fireroad is just the fireroad.

Euroskeptic is the newish trail - climb and descent: https://www.strava.com/segments/10683766

Mandatory bike photo :pac:

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Ah here....

Tom's is the climb up to the fireroad: https://www.strava.com/segments/819075

The fireroad is just the fireroad.

Euroskeptic is the newish trail - climb and descent: https://www.strava.com/segments/10683766

Mandatory bike photo :pac:

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Taken a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Hazy Ticknock sunset last night

459968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

That's a picture of the day contender on pinkbike right here muckwarrior. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

40603721_1265878200221586_2064517318066569216_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=270fef6f3f086bfcfdb21d8276569796&oe=5C39E5C9

40600261_1265878276888245_8721761144202592256_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4517b4a447a4f1f2c74e5ac7eec93d02&oe=5C2C1BAD

40583802_1265878263554913_3258835057502060544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1e727ee5c411b68fbfce2d858123fd0b&oe=5BF29718

15yfcj6.jpg
    i6jmn8.jpg
    nwiukl.jpg

The last one fu.cking rocks

The humble Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

View from the top of Carrick a few weeks back.

44483271612_3927f892a8_c.jpg

460744.jpg

460745.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Brittany, in july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

13lx9N4.jpg

Djouce

nVYaGyS.jpg

Ticknock

ndPR84f.jpg"

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Gallows Hill & Cratloe Woods, Co. Clare

QsyGXsE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

462523.jpg

462524.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭prunudo

Good shot of the deer, the amount of times I've seen deer on the side of the trails and have never been able to get the camera out quick enough before they get startled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Some lovely pics there, folks. Quick question, what are people using for their cycling photography? Just their phone? Dedicated camera? I've a Canon 50D, but I don't much fancy lugging it around while I'm out cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cletus wrote:
    Some lovely pics there, folks. Quick question, what are people using for their cycling photography? Just their phone? Dedicated camera? I've a Canon 50D, but I don't much fancy lugging it around while I'm out cycling

We use go pros from time to time, picture quality can be fairly decent, and they're handy to use on the go as well

A couple from Keeper Hill in Co. Tipp.

yiIvxeD.jpg

enLBROl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Looks nice - good trails on that Keeper Hill?

steamsey wrote: »
    Looks nice - good trails on that Keeper Hill?

Its good, one big 600m climb and then about 6/7 trails on the way back down, views up top are spectacular and the trail from the top (first pic) is special :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Im in Tipp regularly, very closeto Keeper hill. What are the tracks like, are they dedicated hardcore mountain bike trails, or could you come down them on, say, a gravel bike

Advertisement