Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photobuddies thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I'm new to photography. Looking for some to take some pictures with and hopefully learn some tips at same time. added myself to the map. based in north dublin. I've a Nikon D40

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

I'm new to photography. Looking for some to take some pictures with and hopefully learn some tips at same time. added myself to the map. based in north dublin. I've a Nikon D40
    Welcome Ronk.

would love to get out this week sometime, I'm just not sure that I have the time.
    I'll post here if I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Tuesday night @ 9pm - A few of us are heading for a walky with camera in hand

More info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Tuesdays are DCC meetings, therefore even less people with cameras are available. We are all in pub that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I can't make it Tuesday either and I'm probably too busy rest of week after that too.

• Advertisement

A little bit more information on my photography blog. Looking forward to meeting ya'll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭rameire

Just added myself - took me ages to work out how to do it (didn't realise you had to be logged in to Google)! Got it in the end. haha:D

Anyone interested in doing a meet this week after work in dublin/kildare/somewhere near there...tues or thurs could be good for me. Any ideas of places to go?

I dont bite!;)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just added myself. \o/
    rameire wrote: »
    Anyone interested in doing a meet this week after work in dublin/kildare/somewhere near there...tues or thurs could be good for me. Any ideas of places to go?

I dont bite!;)

I could be interested in this, but still a bit of a novice I warn you!

Jemmy wrote: »
    I could be interested in this, but still a bit of a novice I warn you!

So am i so! haha

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

rameire wrote: »
    So am i so! haha

Any ideas?

Well I live over near Glendalough so its only a short trip over the gap for me was born in Kildare but not that familiar with the area so you'd have to lead me around!

Sure see if anyone else shows interest and we can go from there I guess. :)

• Advertisement

Jemmy wrote: »
    Well I live over near Glendalough so its only a short trip over the gap for me was born in Kildare but not that familiar with the area so you'd have to lead me around!

Sure see if anyone else shows interest and we can go from there I guess. :)

Brilliant! I'll have a think...Anyone else? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd be intersted... Just let me know where your going and what your doing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Provided it's not tuesday when I have the next lot of physio I might be on.

had an idea - what about the ruins in castledermot? would that make a good photo op??

Calina wrote: »
    Provided it's not tuesday when I have the next lot of physio I might be on.

Maybe thursday then?

So any takers for Thursday evening? Another suggestions on locations... maybe Kilkea Castle?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

They're both a bit far for me TBH. might give it a miss

Tallon wrote: »
    They're both a bit far for me TBH. might give it a miss

No worries - sorry dont know many decent places at the moment in kiladre/dublin area...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

finally got round to adding myself to this, in waterford and up for local walks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If anyone's heading out to Brittas give me a shout, saw some pics KJT did just down the road from my house and was gutted I didn't get to join him to pick his brains!

• Advertisement

I like picking things!

Send me over a PM with your phone number etc and I'll give you a ring/text next time I'm staying a few nights in Wicklow.

I'm always looking to meet more photo enthusiasts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Anyone around Dublin City Centre for some night shooting tomorrow?

I'm planning a trip to Dun Laoghaire/Sandymount/Dalkey this evening.

If you're interested, please twitter me. I'm twitter.com/treasa and I will have access to picking up tweets for the next 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Anyone around tomorrow evening? Give me a text (085 7360145) - planning on heading around the city for some night shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just added myself to the map, can't believe I didn't see it until now. Anywhoo I'm based on Prussia street and am generally free after 7pm. So if you want someone to walk around the city centre with feel free to give me a shout.

I'm originally from Kill in Co. Kildare so if you fancy a trip out to the countryside I'll protect you from the locals. :) It's a decent enough spot with some lovely country laneways and small rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Thrusday Oct, 7th thinking of doing some night shooting around Dublin, if anyone is interested.

Next week I will be in Cork for a day and a half (tues & part of wed) and then in limerick for a day and a half (thurs & part of fri).
    Never been to either, just looking for some one to shoot with maybe play a bit of a local guide for part of the time.
    Will have the wife with me, but she will be working during the day.

I need to recce a couple of areas around Blackrock and Sandymount today from about 4 onwards. Will probably be somewhere to look at sunsets as well (thinking Dun Laoighaire for that).

Is anyone interested ing tagging along?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Hey, just found this thread,
    I based in dublin/offaly
    How exactly do I add myself to the map and could someone please post the link etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Calina wrote: »
    Here is a google map with the locations of people who are willing to be photobuddies. You put a placemarker on the map for yourself and your boards.ie userid and, if you've a twitter id, maybe that also.
    Thoie wrote: »
    to add yourself to the map, click on "edit" - this then adds a new right click option to "add a marker". When that window is open, you can change the marker by clicking on the default blue marker symbol and scroll to find the icon.

"Places" are now marked with a camera, people are now a little man (those who really want to can turn the man into a woman).

That should cover it tullie. I got it following those.

I am based in Druncondra and have a car so anybody heading out and about I would like to join you even if it is just to make a group.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Hey! I love this idea, am in the Terenure Rathgar area if anyone wants to go on an late night adventure somewhere! Or even an daytime adventure somewhere!
    However am being a major dunce and not getting how to add myself to this at all...can anyone explain it to me? For the very slow please?

Advertisement