Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | 55UJ635V - Harvey Norman, 599 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Not the same (or as good) a TV either - different specs on panel etc and doesn't have freesat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

thekooman wrote: »
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-55-ultra-hd-4k-tv-55uj635v.html

not as cheap as the Argos offer before xmas but still a good price.

the one on offer in argos was the 651v

Main difference is that the 651 has ultra luminance (?) and is edge lit where the 635 is direct lit

651 had 4 HDMI where 635 has 3

Thats the only differences so a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,899 ✭✭✭dodzy

At least is has a central stand as opposed to those ridiculous wide feet found on so many of the larger screens these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dodzy wrote: »
    At least is has a central stand as opposed to those ridiculous wide feet found on so many of the larger screens these days.

whats wrong with the wide feet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cyrus wrote: »
    whats wrong with the wide feet :p

You can’t pivot the tv in a corner with the wide feet. So unless you remodel your entire living room so that your couch is head on with the tv they’re difficult to work with.

Most Irish houses seem to build the living rooms to have the tv in the corner.

• Advertisement

You can’t pivot the tv in a corner with the wide feet. So unless you remodel your entire living room so that your couch is head on with the tv they’re difficult to work with.

of course you can, you just need a wide enough corner

anyway my house has the tv straight ahead of the couch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

Was actually gonna go look at this exact tv in Harvey Normans tomorrow. My old tv died the other day. What's people's opinions on this one. Worth the money? My old tv was a Cello from bout 10 years ago from tescos so as u can imagine any tv would be an improvement on it! Had wanted the lg one from argos before xmas but couldn't get one before the price went back up. Would the average joe notice the difference between this model and the one from argos mentioned earlier?

bman1 wrote: »
    Was actually gonna go look at this exact tv in Harvey Normans tomorrow. My old tv died the other day. What's people's opinions on this one. Worth the money? My old tv was a Cello from bout 10 years ago from tescos so as u can imagine any tv would be an improvement on it! Had wanted the lg one from argos before xmas but couldn't get one before the price went back up. Would the average joe notice the difference between this model and the one from argos mentioned earlier?
    No, they are very similar sets.
    It'll be a bit of a step up from the Cello though!

Thank you CG ;) Combined with the fact that many people 'upgrading' would have the regular double tier glass stand that has been so popular over the years and would be more than capable of holding the new TV, but alas, the legs are too far apart for many, and further spend is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Richer Sounds have the 55UJ630V for €599 + delivery also and it comes with a 6 year warranty:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202986-400326.aspx?swapstore=1

The only difference I can see below is that the 635V has Ultra Luminance but not sure how important that is:
    https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/12531938a

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Richer Sounds have the 55UJ630V for €599 + delivery also and it comes with a 6 year warranty:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202986-400326.aspx?swapstore=1

The only difference I can see below is that the 635V has Ultra Luminance but not sure how important that is:
    https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/12531938a

No ultra luminance listed on the lg site for the 635V

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55UJ635V

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems a no brainer to buy the one with the 6 year warranty then.

only difference seems to be that one has 2 feet and one has a central stand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

41RosQVbmyL._SY355_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Soarer wrote: »
    41RosQVbmyL._SY355_.jpg

Is it not easier to just buy a TV with a centre stand than having to buy an aftermarket one?

Anyways hugely off-topic.

41RosQVbmyL._SY355_.jpg

That’s grand, but where do you put the.....
    Sky box
    Nvidia shield
    Internet hub
    Remote controls
    Ps4
    Etc, etc, etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

That looks like its meant to sit on top of your current TV unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ahh heor - would yis ever wallmount on a swivelly yoke and be done with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it not easier to just buy a TV with a centre stand than having to buy an aftermarket one?

Anyways hugely off-topic.

You'd think. But people are put off by the wide legs.
    That’s grand, but where do you put the.....
    Sky box
    Nvidia shield
    Internet hub
    Remote controls
    Ps4
    Etc, etc, etc......
    cletus wrote: »
    That looks like its meant to sit on top of your current TV unit

cletus is correct.

It's basically a replacement for the wide legs. It's not a full tv stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Stg 549 in Richer Sounds.
    Join as a vip member & its stg £539

• Advertisement

cletus is correct.

It's basically a replacement for the wide legs. It's not a full tv stand.

I'm afraid not, this is a TV stand, height adjustable, and intended to rest on the floor; it'd look ridiculous sitting on top of an existing stand/table.

I'm afraid not, this is a TV stand, height adjustable, and intended to rest on the floor; it'd look ridiculous sitting on top of an existing stand/table.

there must be some serious adjustment on it

and its not, it sits on top of your tv cabinet the same as any other central pedestal

Cyrus wrote: »
    there must be some serious adjustment on it

and its not, it sits on top of your tv cabinet the same as any other central pedestal

Sh sorry Cyrus. At a glance I though it was one of these, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

I was going to pull the trigger on this TV today but hoping someone might guide me here.

I was also considering

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue55mu6120-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/345835/397.0.1

Obviously one is dearer than the other but other than that which is the better TV?

largepants wrote: »
    I was going to pull the trigger on this TV today but hoping someone might guide me here.

I was also considering

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue55mu6120-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/345835/397.0.1

Obviously one is dearer than the other but other than that which is the better TV?

I try to opt for richersounds if you. They have 6 year warranty with the TV's and you'll get the same price as anywhere else. They have both the LG and the Samsung you listed on the site too.

neacy69 wrote: »
    I try to opt for richersounds if you. They have 6 year warranty with the TV's and you'll get the same price as anywhere else. They have both the LG and the Samsung you listed on the site too.

Ok thanks for that but I was hoping to get the Samsung for €600. Is there any wriggle room with richersounds?

largepants wrote: »
    Ok thanks for that but I was hoping to get the Samsung for €600. Is there any wriggle room with richersounds?

They're very competitive, particularly considering the great warranty. Still, if you don't ask.....

try here

They're very competitive, particularly considering the great warranty. Still, if you don't ask.....

try here

Ah great. Didn't know that was there.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Samsung TVs have wide legs & they are a pain as you need a much bigger TV stand vs those with a central stand.

• Advertisement

banchang wrote: »
    Samsung TVs have wide legs & they are a pain as you need a much bigger TV stand vs those with a central stand.

I think I'm ok in that regard as my TV stand is quite long. I have a 43 inch TV on it at the moment with loads of room to spare.

Advertisement