Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who thinks Trump will win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Odhinn

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hope the mods don't mind a new thread, but I just want to see how many of us think Trump will beat Biden in Nov?
    I think he just has so much of a populist ground swell and I wouldn't be surprised if 'external' participants get involved in the process.

Do you think he'll get reelected?
    Where will that leave America?

He's done nothing to alienate his base support, so its not inconceivable that he will in fact win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Pretty much all the, forgive me, main stream media we consume is anti Trump in Europe. RTE, BBC, Newstalk, Irish Times, Guardian, Channel 4 etc. In the states, apart from Fox, all major networks are true blue Dems. All politicians, public figures, talking heads, Hollywood, musicians, celebrities, the great and the good denounce him as the devil ad nauseam.

Yet he has a good chance of winning. Why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Biden to win.
    Close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Pretty much all the, forgive me, main stream media we consume is anti Trump in Europe. RTE, BBC, Newstalk, Irish Times, Guardian, Channel 4 etc. In the states, apart from Fox, all major networks are true blue Dems. All politicians, public figures, talking heads, Hollywood, musicians, celebrities, the great and the good denounce him as the devil ad nauseam.

Because Americans are fúcking idiots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Trump winning is a lesson the Dems never learned. Biden hasn't got the chops. If he wins it will be based on how unpopular Trump is not how popular Biden is.
    Once again I do not envy the U.S. electorate those choices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are rumours that Biden will try to pull out of the debates. If that happens then Trump will romp home. If Biden does well in the debates then I think he has a chance. He would have to do very well though and retreat from the extremism that seems to have overtaken the Democrats.
    With the media we see here it is understandable to under estimate the level of support Trump has.

If I was a betting man I would say Trump will win. If he does the US could well rip itself apart.

I have also seen rumours of a planned Trump Trump ticket in 2024.

It is going to be an interesting one and probably the dirtiest campaign in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Trump will win. I just cannot see Biden beating him no matter what way one looks at it.

People may vote for the side not burning the place down..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Too early to say. The momentum has shifted one way and the other, but anything can and will happen between now and the election.

It seems utterly insane to me that a country of 330 million people is run by, essentially, a two-party system. And one that seems completely incapable of any sort of bipartisanship for the benefit of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

These democrats would beat Trump.

1. Any klobuchar- insulin for all
    2. Tulsi Gabbard - unity
    3. Bernie Sanders - fairness

Biden/ Kamala is a CNAS/ Clinton pick. It's a truly awful pick by the democrat party leaders. They cleared the way for Biden by asking buttigieg and klobuchar to step down so votes go to Biden and left Warren in to leech away liberal votes from Bernie.

To top it all, recent Belgium study shows hydroxychloroquinine reduces covid19 mortality by 30%. Dems excoriated Trump for promoting a drug which as it turns out if given in the correct dosage is hugely beneficial for covid19 patients. That story will run and run.

The worst thing is, both candidates are awful. What a world...

(Not a Trump fan in case anyone confused)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,571 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lot of noise on the Left, lot of noise on the Right, all taking to the street, but between them there isn't a whole lot of people. Those crazies on both sides will have no influence, it's the silent majority of decent sensible Americans that will vote Trump out, even if Mickey Mouse was running against him, the majority would vote him out, just to get him out.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There are rumours that Biden will try to pull out of the debates. If that happens then Trump will romp home. If Biden does well in the debates then I think he has a chance. He would have to do very well though and retreat from the extremism that seems to have overtaken the Democrats.
    With the media we see here it is understandable to under estimate the level of support Trump has.

If I was a betting man I would say Trump will win. If he does the US could well rip itself apart.

I have also seen rumours of a planned Trump Trump ticket in 2024.

It is going to be an interesting one and probably the dirtiest campaign in history.

Are those rumours about Biden not debating coming from anywhere but Trump's side? It doesn't matter if those rumours are true, if Trump and his people say it enough, people will think they're true. It automatically puts Biden on the back foot and people will scrutinize Biden's performance at the debates. It doesn't matter that Trump hasn't said one coherent sentence in the last four years, if Biden stumbles once during the debates, there'll be accusations of senility shouted from the rooftops.

Are those rumours about Biden not debating coming from anywhere but Trump's side? It doesn't matter if those rumours are true, if Trump and his people say it enough, people will think they're true. It automatically puts Biden on the back foot and people will scrutinize Biden's performance at the debates. It doesn't matter that Trump hasn't said one coherent sentence in the last four years, if Biden stumbles once during the debates, there'll be accusations of senility shouted from the rooftops.

Well Pelosi said he shouldn't..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He will 100% win, Biden hasn't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

The 2020 election was over as soon as Sanders pulled out of the primaries - after that it was a choice between: 1: The same, and 2: The same Lite™.

Biden certainly has what it takes to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any better than even odds on Trump anywhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nancy Pelosi said it

https://youtu.be/Yr9x7jFNIXQ

Is this kite flying?

https://youtu.be/BA3Uz4Fes-c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Deplorables, eh?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Nancy Pelosi said it

https://youtu.be/Yr9x7jFNIXQ

Is this kite flying?

Pelosi says he shouldn't. She didn't say he won't. Biden responded straight away on MSNBC that he was going to debate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No way. Someone like Obama would have a landslide victory. The democrats have picked the worst possible candidate again. Youd have to wonder is it deliberate at this stage.

I did think Trump would be gone for sure but now, I dont think so. Our visas are up for renewal early next year and if trump is in I dont think they'll be getting approved so time to put plans in place.

He isn't a great candidate but trump is pretty terrible and his virus response was bad, I think the thing is viewing from abroad the Democrats seem to have lost control of the situation, the protests at the start and trump's response made trump look bad but now with them dragging on and it appearing like they can't stop them after such strong support initially so it strengthens Trump.
    Particularly stuff like riots happening because a (probable) killer shooting himself in the head on video.

Using a comparison from the North, both Loyalists and Republicans use(d) protests/riots to ramp up political pressure but generally they were quite good at turning them off when needed. Democrats can't seem to be able to do that.

I think Biden recognises this now with his references to the violence at some of the protests, how much control does he have of more local democrats though? Some of their actions are probably helping trump, I am thinking of things like the not charging a lot of the rioters but charging the mansion couple (Mark and Patricia McCloskey).

I still think Biden will win but I think the democrats need to draw a firm line in the sand soon or his odds will get better, Biden and Harris should be able to speak that language but as one was a tough on crime DA the other drafted hard hitting crime bills, but does that mean that the protesters won't listen to them and what about the local politicians and legal people, they possibly risk their bases but inaction looses votes elsewhere.

Edit:any Americans here care to comment on how things like CNN are received these days, some of the clips like being in front of a burning building talking about it being largely peaceful don't exactly come across believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

It's neither true nor fair to say that only idiots voted for Trump.
    Cúnts did too.

Obama would analiate him in the debates.

I know it'll get down and dirty but I don't think they allow sodomy in debates.

Deplorables, eh?

Is that's a hip new way of calling people fúckwits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

.anon. wrote: »
    It's neither true nor fair to say that only idiots voted for Trump.
    Cúnts did too.

Haha quality, with such insight you should probably run for president. Sort everything out with name calling. But not police brutality. Instead of arresting people the police can just go around calling people names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep, king of the idiots will be voted in by the idiots again. Bring honest, Biden is no real opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Haha quality, with such insight you should probably run for president. Sort everything out with name calling. But not police brutality. Instead of arresting people the police can just go around calling people names.

Calm down, it was just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I absolutely hope he doesn't but I don't know it's hard to see how he loses. He has a sold 35% bought and paid for (like guaranteed vote) so he only needs around 1 in 5 voters after this.

Its the same the other way. Biden just needs to beat Clinton, he should manage that easily

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's a sad state of affairs when the US has to choose between Trump and Biden.

Surely in a country of over 328,000,000 people, they surely could have come up with at least 327,999,900 better candidates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

"I love the poorly educated"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement