Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

tenor.gif?itemid=11965529

That gif is literally me several times a day, and then noticing, I made it worse. Where did these smudges come from...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Adults who play down/hide there privileged upbringing to make them seem more down to Earth.
    An example be somebodies who parents had very good jobs, they went to fee paying schools,had college paid for them,several holidays growing up, etc. However they'd lead you to believe they had nothing because they are from a city.

I had a feminist berate me for being priviliged, I said why do you think I am priviliged, it was because I am a white male.

After explaining I(only boy in family) went to community school while all my sisters went to private school, they earn more money than me.

I dug into her background, she was privately educated and she was a director of the family company. FML!!

DareGod wrote: »
    But..... tomatoes.
    Potatoes.

I, too, wouldn't mind knowing the answer.

Tomatoes
    Tamangos

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When someone asks me something and pretty clearly has no clue, and then says they "thought so"

They: "How do I do X?"

Me: "Do this"

They: "That's what I thought"

Me thinking "No you didn't you fecking bozo"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The price for some poxy standard room anywhere in West Cork along the coast. Some are creaming it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There is a tiny slither of light coming through the bottom of the closed blind and is directly in my eye line but between being boxed in with cushions and the dog lying on me I’m too lazy to fix it. Thankfully I remembered I had sunglasses on my head :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,778 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There is a tiny slither of light coming through the bottom of the closed blind and is directly in my eye line but between being boxed in with cushions and the dog lying on me I’m too lazy to fix it. Thankfully I remembered I had sunglasses on my head :cool:

TA that wherever you live , ye had sun today when all we got was a muted sky in tones of grey , dark grey , and more grey :(

biko wrote: »
    When someone asks me something and pretty clearly has no clue, and then says they "thought so"

They: "How do I do X?"

Me: "Do this"

They: "That's what I thought"

Me thinking "No you didn't you fecking bozo"

Or the ****ers that ask you how to do something and then say "do you not do it this way".

I tend to go if you know how to do it why are you wasting my time

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who think they are indispensable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who think they are indispensable!

As my Da always says, there are plenty of people in the graveyard who thought they were indispensable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

This is why I usually drive the two of us anywhere:

Mrs Ragnar: Which way do I go now?
    Me: Take the next left.
    Mrs Ragnar: OK.

Followed by Mrs Ragnar continuing straight on or turning right or doing a U-turn and going in the opposite direction altogether. In fact, any possible combination of directions EXCEPT the simple left turn.

TA that someone I know keeps referring to my Filipino friend as “the Chinese one” when I bring her up in conversation. When I correct him he just goes “ah sure aren’t they all the same”. Eh, no. They’re not :confused:

TA that I’m full of TA’s lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Biting the inside of my cheek and then biting it again about ten minutes later. No one has ever been in as much agony as me right now.

No one.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got the PFO from that job yesterday :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Word.

But seriously, sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being asked in an aggressive tone by an employee of a well known diy chain to MOVE as he couldn't get the trolley with well dressed madam's expensive purchases past me because of some very light and portable display baskets on the other side of the wide enough space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The exhaustion of the ups and downs of being constantly anxious / tired / nauseous / sad / happy / hopeful / hopeless and so on and so forth :pac: I think it may be what modern society disgracefully refers to as "being an adult" but good lord is it so wrong that this is what's considered normal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Dial Hard wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. I don't believe in "what's for you won't pass you" etc but I do believe that it's definitely best if you don't find yourself stuck in a job that isn't a good match for you. Don't think of it as a rejection, think of it as a lucky escape. Often they don't hire the person who is going to be best at doing the job, they instead hire someone who's going to be a "yes man" and who will be easily molded into what they want them to be.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Word.

But seriously, sorry to hear that

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d02435d55414e6c67ad53be&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rocket. I fcuking hate Rocket. Every sandwich place in Dublin seems to stuff it into their sandwiches. Fcuk you rocket, you're not a real lettuce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Someone is wrong on Boards. Yet again. So you have to drunkenly put them right on your phone before you go to bed. You get up in the morning and check your email..... there's a hundred emails from Boards telling you there has been a hundred posts after yours. Seriously, why TF is the default option on your phone to follow the thread and to send emails? Does any sane individual actually consciously tick that box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People on the hard sell.

I went into a pet-shop to buy food for the dog - no he doesn't need a whole new change of lifestyle complete with accessories - just charge for the dog food please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. Vodafone
    2. An extremely irritating lingering cough.
    3. Saorview - my aerial is fine, the box is fine, so why do I get "No Signal" in 95% of the 12 crappy channels listed?
    4. People, especially the cocky kind, who say "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!": in 99.9999% of the times, no, they don't have a clue, they shouldn't be trusted, they WILL make a mess of things, won't face the consequences of their actions, and either someone else will have to pick up the pieces, or a third party will bear the brunt of whatever happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Your Face wrote: »
    People on the hard sell.

I went into a pet-shop to buy food for the dog - no he doesn't need a whole new change of lifestyle complete with accessories - just charge for the dog food please.

On the other hand, I was in a pharmacy today, went up to the counter and said hi to the assistant, who didn't answer, just raised her eyebrows in a "what do you want" way. Ridiculously annoyed.

Your Face wrote: »
    People on the hard sell.

A shop I actually avoid is Maxi Zoo. I went into buy a cat toy and it felt like an interrogation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

New Home wrote: »
    1. Vodafone

100% with you there. Must be the worst customer service in the country.

How about Eir?
    A phone was brought back to store under warranty in early February.
    They said the phone wasn't under warranty and you have deal directly with Apple.
    After a bit of talking to them they eventually took the phone in.
    You explain the issue with the phone and person in the shop doesn't believe you. It's the battery and she insists it must be the charging port.
    The phone then goes missing for a period and takes a week longer to get fixed.
    You receive the phone back.
    The issue isn't fixed.
    You return it to the store again and go through the whole process again.
    Whilst dealing with a rude and clueless staff member
    The phone eventually gets returned in late April.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Can't say I've had the pleasure with Eir but that does sound particularly irritating. I'd be typing for the next half hour if I went into detail about Vodafone so might be best to leave that TA in the past!

Can't say I've had the pleasure with Eir but that does sound particularly irritating. I'd be typing for the next half hour if I went into detail about Vodafone so might be best to leave that TA in the past!

We could actually over look staff being a tad slow or dozy but it was the rudeness from them was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I think the concept of "customer service" belongs to the dim and distant past. Pretty much every business from the small local shop to the multi-national conglomerates seem to exist purely and simply to fleece us as much as possible with no concern whatever for the customer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement