Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

Anyone know if the port request can be cancelled or changed to a different number

Yes it can. I cancelled one of my ports, as I was going to return the phone. I can't remember whether I had to call 3 (who I was porting from) or Vodafone. I do remember having to make a couple of calls, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do you need to purchase one of the 20 euro monthly plans with the phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

doctorg wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but do you need to purchase one of the 20 euro monthly plans with the phone ?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Unless buying it in a bricks and mortar store, buying online there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

cormie wrote: »
    Unless buying it in a bricks and mortar store, buying online there's no need.

Not necessarily true I got one in Nutgrove two weeks ago and my partner managed to get one in Dundrum. Neither of us had to pay the €20. Got them for the €130+vat.

• Advertisement

timbertime wrote: »
    Not necessarily true I got one in Nutgrove two weeks ago and my partner managed to get one in Dundrum. Neither of us had to pay the €20. Got them for the €130+vat.

130 + vat??

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

130 + vat??[/quote

Yes vat. The new rates. it's not a full €100 discount. It's been mentioned previously in this thread. I couldn't remember the final cost of the phone and anyway my post was mainly about the misinformation that you need to buy €20 credit if purchased in store. You don't welll not in all stores anyway.

Oh, I was wondering if you meant €130 was the ex VAT rate, but yeah, just the adjustment on the discount makes sense.

The lady in the store I got it from said you had to buy the €20 top up to get the discount, I think another poster said the same, but good to know not all stores impose that!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

I ordered last week, never received the confirmation email but was charged from my account. Got onto the Live Chat this morning and they now say the order was cancelled because of "incomplete information".
    I asked what was missing and they said the Eircode, I showed the confirmation order screen with the Eircode and they cannot find the location.
    So now Vodafone cannot find locations using Eircodes!

No surprise to anyone but what unbelievable bad website and service . Vodafone have known this for years and continue to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I ordered last week, never received the confirmation email but was charged from my account. Got onto the Live Chat this morning and they now say the order was cancelled because of "incomplete information".
    I asked what was missing and they said the Eircode, I showed the confirmation order screen with the Eircode and they cannot find the location.
    So now Vodafone cannot find locations using Eircodes!

No surprise to anyone but what unbelievable bad website and service . Vodafone have known this for years and continue to ignore

dont take single word on what they tell u on chat....i think there is a tech glitch on the site which they are not fixing - possibly info not passing on the form we are filling as part of order....anyways i have stopped trying after 8 cancellations !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Yea going to go with the Poco X3 instead

Does anyone know which company delivers from vodafone? An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

I ordered on Thursday (using a new 3 mobile sim €10)
    An post delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

long_b wrote: »
    Does WIFI calling work on these ?
    Can't find it in the menus

Is anyone able to get wifi calling to work? I’m with Eir - there is no option to enable wifi calling anywhere. I’ve tried searching on other forums - resetting network settings etc but I still can’t find a menu option to enable it.. thanks!

emclau wrote: »
    Is anyone able to get wifi calling to work? I’m with Eir - there is no option to enable wifi calling anywhere. I’ve tried searching on other forums - resetting network settings etc but I still can’t find a menu option to enable it.. thanks!

You had it working on your previous phone? It's activated on your account with Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

I'm with Eir and don't have that option. The phone must be carrier supported for the option to be available. Eir don't sell the Pixel on their webshop as a wifi calling enabled phone range.

Normally would be found under: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced

I have the option enabled on my second SIM (eSIM) using an overseas carrier so it definitely works.
    _

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Tried to switch with lycamobile but after 3 days on chat find out that due to technical issue order was declined. Waiting for refund so.

I put through 3 orders online, all trying to switch from the same lyca sim that I picked up for free, seems the first order I placed the funds were put on hold, but then released back to my account, the second one seems to have gone through and I received the phone today, the third one, we'll have to wait and see, funds are currently on hold, whether I'll get the phone, or if the funds will be put back in my account, I'm not sure.

did you guys get an order confirmation email? I didn't get one and its been a few hours now. I see the money is on hold but no email

No order confirmation from any of the 3 orders I put in :rolleyes: Seems to be a complete lottery.

• Advertisement

did you guys get an order confirmation email? I didn't get one and its been a few hours now. I see the money is on hold but no email

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2058028306&query=confirmation+email

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

There is no email no text message or anything.. Its just luck ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

Just received my notification to update to Android 11.......gotta love a Pixel phone! Good summary of features @Techradar https://www.techradar.com/news/android-11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ordered a second one on Monday, battled again with the order page but survived, and the phone arrived on Wednesday. The other phone was similarly quick. No email notifications in either case.

Does anyone feel they should have included an adapter to allow you connect to a regular micro usb. They have an adaptor for a USB 2/3 connection on the computer, but it's rare you get a double ended one of these as a cable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does anyone feel they should have included an adapter to allow you connect to a regular micro usb. They have an adaptor for a USB 2/3 connection on the computer, but it's rare you get a double ended one of these as a cable :pac:

Not including it keeps costs down I suppose. All laptops from the last few years have at least one usb-c port.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Does the pixel call screening work in Ireland?

Ordered Wednesday, arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

No because only usb c to usb c supports PD. Anything else will charge slowly, even the A to C cables.

• Advertisement

Had to google to find out PD stands for Power Delivery, but I see it now, higher power delivery/faster charging.

I'll have to sort an adapter or another cable out for my van as I've no USB C port in my 12v chargers.

Advertisement