Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Newspaper would have this death notice?

• 01-09-2020 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have an Irishnewspapers.com subscription and I am looking for a death notice for 2004 in Burren, County Mayo - I have the exact date of death so I am just wondering which newspaper in the West would have the death notice?

I am usually dealing with Cork people - so the Examiner is the go to newspaper for this!! But I am unsure about Mayo and the West - I tried the independent but no luck yet!
    Search function doesn't turn anything up.

(also while I am here - if anyone has anything they would liked searched or browsed on Irishnewspapers let me know - i'd be happy to help!)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Try the Connaught Telegraph or the Mayo News or the Western People.

There's a list by county on the site.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If the search function doesn't return anything try browsing the papers manually.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Just found it by browsing through the Connaught Telegraph ! Thanks for the replies!

Advertisement